1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Solargenesis

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by Saichi, May 1, 2019.

1. Saichi

Saichi New Member

How long, often, and when do you sunbathe naked or swim wear only?

2. Dani

Dani New Member

Saichi - It depends on your latitude. I'm in the northern part of the US so every chance I get to lay out naked, I take it. I was out in February at 44 degrees with nothing more than a hat on. It was brisk, but well worth it. Now that the weather is a little warmer I'm using Dminder to calculate the UVI for me and then timing my sun sessions to maximize my vitamin D intake. I work in the healthcare field and have yet to see a Vitamin D level above 50 without supplementation, so I'm challenging myself to see how high I can get mine by the end of summer. I'm shooting for 80!

The Dminder app is a useful tool to get you up to speed on the vitamin D window and UVI in your area. I recommend spending the $1.99 rather than going with the free download. Once you use it for a while you'll become tuned in to nature's cycles and then you'll no longer need it unless you're wanting to track your Vitamin D.

The only downside to the app that I have found so far is that when you use it you need to keep your phone on for the UVI to accurately work and that sucks up more than the usual amount of battery use. I'm guessing that the app is constantly checking for UVI updates (i.e. sending out a lot of nnEMF) so put your phone FAR away from you so that you don't undermine your sunbathing.

As far as a swimsuit, I've decided I'm only wearing one if there's a possibility of being arrested for indecent exposure.

3. Corey Nelson

Corey Nelson CoreyNelson.io

At a bare minimum, no matter what, I go for an hour each and every day. Key times are before/after sunrise, 8-11am, solar noon, and before/after sunset. Very occasionally travel might keep me from getting an hour of outside time but usually even then it's possible.

More ideally, 3-4 hours is a good target for me (I have the flexibility of working from home) and if it's a nice day out I try to push it up to 5-6 hours whenever possible. Fully nude for sure but a kiniki is a good solution for places I can't be naked without breakin' the law.

4. We are suppose to be outside, naked in the sun from dawn till doom. Anything less is a compromise.

drezy, Corey Nelson and Dani like this.
  5. Dani

Dani New Member

Agreed, Marko.

6. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Dani how long do you lay out for?

Corey impressive.

Marko some ancient people used sunscreens correct? Less that's an implied subset of "naked".

Corey Nelson likes this.
  7. drezy

drezy Gold

All day (8AM - 6PM) 4 days - 7 days a week. Averaging 5-ish per week in central Texas UV index.

Kiniki or nude.

Corey Nelson likes this.
  8. Im sure that if living as an animal, one would still be able to select shade when hot or look away from bright light. And some animals use mud as a protectant i believe. But when trying to guage how much light is best, i would choose to get all day exposure versus a minimum threshold. Maybe if i was optimal i wouldnt worry, but since im not im getting as much sun as posible till i die or adopt a new paradigm.

9. Dani

Dani New Member

Saichi - The short answer is as many hours as possible given the low UVI right now. I want to build a solid solar callus as I got fried in some places when I went to PDC at New Year's.

On the days that I "lay out" I shoot for 5,000 to 15,000 IUs of Vitamin D. The length of time is dependent on the UVI. So far this year, I have only seen a UVI of 5 and at that number given my age, skin type, gender and level of skin exposure I can make 79 IUs of D a minute according to Dminder. So far, I've only been able to hit 12,850 IUs in a day and that was in about 2 1/2 hours from noon to 2:30ish.

10. Corey Nelson

Corey Nelson CoreyNelson.io

This may be obvious to you but possibly not to other people reading, UVB and vitamin D are just one slice of the solar benefit pie. Particularly for optimizing circadian rhythms, boosting neurotransmitters, and building the solar callus, the morning light during and after sunrise is vital (but wont really relate to the Dminder stuff).

Lahelada and drezy like this.
  11. Dani

Dani New Member

Corey - I agree with you 100%. UVB and Vitamin D are only one piece of the light pie. One needs exposure to the ENTIRE light spectrum to get to optimal.

12. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Conventional science states the breakdown of UV light is 95% UVA, 5% UVB, and 0% UVC that hits the earth's surface (our skin). Yet people are reading almost equal parts UVA and UVB now with some UVC. Assuming conventional science is true at least historically prior to the ongoing destruction of the ozone layer, have none of you noticed a difference in impact from the nnUV?

Couple days ago saw Jack's Vermont presentation about how our own bodies create UVC, but inside our cells at super low power density is surely irrelevant to receiving nnUVC and ten fold increase of nnUVB on our skin no?

In my meet and greet thread already mentioned I used to be able to sunbathe for 90 minutes before any burning even began in the early 2000s. Now I can't go 15 minutes before burning and signficantly more painful as well.

Hard for me to believe my solargenesis potential decreased by 83% in 12 years, surely I'd have to have some serious health symptoms to accompany such a reduction?

Solidsilverteeth likes this.
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

None of the measurements I've taken match up with that statement FWIW.

Much else has changed since the early 2000s. Keep in mind that there sure is more than just UV irradiating your skin these days and it varies by location.

14. Saichi

Saichi New Member

What else is irradiating my skin and what percentages did you measure?

15. drezy

drezy Gold

Definitely check out the EMF blog series to get the most out of your time and interactions here. Learning along side the folks here continues to be such a pleasure for me.

This blog is as good a starting point as any:

https://jackkruse.com/emf-3-the-origin-of-life/

If anyone has a better starting point blog I'd like to know though.

My measurements @330nm & @365nm( 20nm FHWM)track each other like this and roughly maintain these relative ratios.
    screen.png

recoen likes this.
  16. Saichi

Saichi New Member

I see you've taken readings of two different UVA frequencies. At what time of day does the x-axis begin and end, also what was the weather during these readings? What did you measure respectively at 300nm for UVB during the same period?

I've started reading the blog but it only talks about infrared, are you saying more of that is also causing my skin to burn? I went into a high EMF infrared sauna couple months ago for half an hour and felt no burning whatsoever during or afterwards.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  17. drezy

drezy Gold

8/26/18 2:40 pm-ish 30ºN sunny

The 330nm snags down to 320nm, I did not measure 300nm at the time.

If you are specifically interested in 300 nm this meter measures from 250-320nm:
    https://www.solarmeter.com/model62.html

It's a little pricey, but might fit your needs.

It was the "Non native EMF dehydrates all life of water and therefore their can be no phase transitions of water to save us this time." bit that is worth examining and thinking about in that blog and so many others.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  18. Saichi

Saichi New Member

My upper back got scorched the other week in the Pacific NW ocean with my shoulders below water most the hour, 10 days later I still have a small leather patch on my back. Without a cell tower least several miles away and closest town doesn't even get reception often, nonUVemf couldn't have caused a quantum instigation of such burning especially with some absorption by ocean water of whatever faint remnant existed compared to the RF radiation that never bothered me in Prospect Park years ago. Next time I'm there I'll take an RF measurement.

You would need to measure UVB and UVC before claiming your measurements conflict with what others measure, inferring a UVB/C measurement solely off your UVA slope is speculation at best and misinformation at worst. On clear sunny days both in NY and Northern California I measure up to 5 µw/cm^2 (=50,000 µw/m^2) of UVC so that's approximately 0.067% of your UVA readings (at a different latitude of course) but is a world apart from 0% since it's 500,000% more than the 4G RF safety thresholds of 10 µw/m^2. Putting all this in some perspective, considering the relative power of the sun and it's primary significance to life don't think we can take ozone depletion and nnUV casually. I'll be acquiring more expensive meters than the one you linked shortly.

I'm quite perplexed how none of the major posters on this forum have noticed what many of my friends and I have noticed in real life over the past decade, the sun hurts now!

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  19. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Page 84 of Health And Light:

..far shortwave ultraviolet (shorter than 290nm), only a trace of which penetrates the atmosphere, is unquestionably extremely harmful.

Book was written 46 years ago, wonder what the "trace" was back then.

20. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Had my first sunny sunrise solargenesis this morning. Woke up 6ish but thought it would be cloudy again can't tell from my north facing courtyard dungeon apt with blinds closed. When I noticed was sunny went out at 7 to a local park where every dog owner was wearing jackets and sunglasses. Immediately stripped down to my shorts and sunbathed standing for 45 minutes barefoot on wet grass, only felt like 15 minutes.

Measured no UVC till 7:45 at which time I promptly put my clothes back on and returned indoors.

I've not sunbathed without zinc oxide sunscreen or glass attenuation in over a decade. The euphoria I feel now is astounding. I'll be hitting the park 6am every morning now. Practically everyone in NYC's deprived of native solargenesis and cold thermogenesis.