1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Solar Noon Sleep None

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by HopingMom, Jul 15, 2017.

1. HopingMom

HopingMom New Member

Hi!
    I recently added in scheduled solar noonish time direct sun daily...I get a lot of outside time and always am sun but this I did more calculated. Something is wrenched in my system because I've found when I do this my sleep is really poor.
    No scheduled vit D sun=Rockstar sleep,
    Add in the scheduled sun and I can't fall asleep and sleep is restless and horrible.
    I don't want to know what to take, just wondering what could be happening? I tan nicely, don't shower very much ( I work from home so I don't mind) and again without this D sun I'm sleeping amazingly.
    I would say I am absorbing it because it's getting into my system obviously, but what steps after that are faulty? Any suggestions how I can figure it out? Is it a sulfur thing? I don't seem to properly assimilate/utilize sulfur foods. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
    ScottishEmma likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

really interesting question ........Lately I am having trouble with sulphur foods too.

What time is your last meal? and what is it?

Anything else changed? nnEMF?
    HopingMom likes this.
  3. HopingMom

HopingMom New Member

Interestingly...seems my cortisol conversion is wonky (credit to the gal here with low cortisol and hair loss). Found this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/11β-hydroxysteroid_dehydrogenase_type_1

The only reason I can confirm this is going on is because I don't eat very much/ feel hunger but you better believe if there is licorice around I will feast!
    We had a few rain days and like someone flipped a switch, back to Rockstar sleep.
    I'm certain the sulfur is connected but not clear yet how. Caroline do you know why you are experiencing sulfur problems?
  4. HopingMom

HopingMom New Member

I will add that I am also probably anemic or similar...that thing with spooning fingernails really happens!!
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

no - I have no idea why sulphur foods are bothering me. I never used to have a problem with any foods except for wheat/grains.

I can only assume it is a leaky gut and I need to eat very simply and get lots of sun and grounding .....and stay off this stupid computer!
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you looked at the iodine thread? Are you eating seafood? drinking good water?
  7. Robert Marking

Robert Marking Platinum Member

Hi Caroline and HopingMom, I've been reading your posts and I may have an answer as to why you are having a problem with metabolizing sulfur properly.

I just had a patient today with the very same problem that also had lyme and biotoxin mold illness, and this has made a huge difference in his recovery. It's also something that has been over looked in years and years of my patients lab work through other doctors. His recent 23andme and geneticgenie reports revealed this issue, but is was not taken serious by his last functional medicine doc.

I have had this exact same issue for years, and my condition is quite severe.

Also, I have been finding it quite common to some degree in chronically ill patients as well, and I feel that it is one of the reasons why they are not getting better.

There are 4 known gene mutations that may affect sulfur metabolism ,... CBS 699, BHMT 01, BHMT 02, BHMT 04.
    More info on these mutations
    http://geneticgenie.org/all-mutations/
    http://resqua.com/702188759/what-does-a-cbs-gene-mutation-mean

Here are a couple of things that can happen as a result of these mutations.......
    1 - poor sulfur metabolism/sulfur sensitivity will negatively affect the sulfur dependant detox pathways = poor detox
    2 - sulfur is converted into ammonia which is toxic and inflamatory

Because I have battled Lyme and Mold Illness myself, I have had functional medicine docs recommend for me many sulfur containing supplements that only made me feel much worse these include,... NAC, ALA, Glutathione, MSM, Garlic, HCL, Milk thistle, Curcumin, Garlic, Fish Oil, etc, etc,

I have been educating people for over 17 years on the importance of knowing your own personal hidden food sensitivities and intollerances and even though sulfur containing foods rarely showed in my blood work as a sensitity, through Autonomic Response Testing ART and muscle testing,.... sulfur containing foods always showed to be a problem. broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, asparagus, eggs, were always a problem.

How I am combating this issue now with success is by taking 1000 - 1500 mcg of Molybdenum and 20 - 30 mg of Magnanese with each meal containing sulfur foods and or supplements. I have a severe issue so I take more than most of my patients. My patients with less of severe issue may take 250 to 500 mcg of Molybdenum and 10 mg of magnanese before each meal containing sulfur. If you have a sulfur issue, it is best not to over eat sulfur rich foods and limit your sulfur rich supplements to the ones that you need the most.

As Dr. Kruse and Dr Doug Wallace have both mentioned, your mitochondrial DNA affect the expression of your nuclear DNA. So if you have healthy Mitochondria, then in theory you may be able to turn off the expression of genetic mutations in your nuclear DNA.

Dr Kruse mentioned in his Vermont 2016 video (17:20 minutes into the video) that in your eye you have a clock and that clock runs the super cosmatic nucleus which controlls every metabolic and growth program in the body, and if your clock doesn't tick right in your eye,.... in front of every gene (25,000 of them) is a peripheral circadium clock that is regulated by the clock in the eye. I would have to believe that this may also affect gene expression.

Hope this helps!!!