1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Socializing while following Epi-paleo Rx

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by John Smith, May 10, 2016.

1. John Smith

John Smith New Member

Hello, yesterday my parents and I were in a deep discussion about me and were trying to tell me that I cannot continue to go on this journey to optimal health. They say what I am doing is a religion and I am like an extremist. They say I am not normal for a 20 year old . A 20 year old man enjoys their time, goes to the nightclub every week, uses their phones like all young adults nowadays, have a few beers, eats what is there at the party etc...

They say I am seriously limiting my ability to socialize and form connections

My parents said I can't socialize and meet girls if I am wearing blue blocking glasses and I do not want to stay up to midnight.

When going to see family friends and have lunch or dinner I never make exceptions. They say this is rude and it hurts the people who cooked the meal. My parents want me to make exceptions when eating out. They always say that food is a way to socialize. It is not fair on them to cook what you want, not accept to eat what is there, or bring your own food. My dad always like to give me this example since my dad has T2 diabetes. Say I meet someone at their house for tea and they put sugar in my tea, I will still drink it, if they offer cake I will still take a small slice even if I know it is poison. I will never refuse it.

My parents said making friends and finding girlfriends will be extremely difficult as no one wants to associate with a person who is so extreme about being healthy. They say, why is there a need to be so obsessed about optimal health? There are so many more important things in life than just health.You are limiting your ability to do many things. No one will understand your intentions. No one will understand why you are so controversial and do things so differently to CW. There are not a lot of people out there who will sacrifice their social life for this.

They said how will I be able to travel to places like Italy, India, France, Malaysia etc... with or without them if I eat Epi Paleo? They say it is not possible. No restaurant sells what you want to eat. They said it will be too costly and too much trouble and stress. A lot of time will be wasted

I know well that making friends, going to new places and socializing is part of the Epi paleo, Primal Rx. How do I respond back to my parents about these issues? How do you guys manage these issues? How can you avoid sacrificing your social life?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Your parents care about you but they don't see their own biases about life.
    When you're different or an outlier for any reason, sometimes your critics don't see the millions of people who accept you for what you are now and why you are choosing to reject mediocrity. All they notice is the person who doesn't. This is because the lens they see life through is attuned to their own paradigm.

Ask your parent to start a bio hack with you on journaling. Do it for 3 months and then share the journals among one another so they and you can learn about each other. In order to understand our world, one has to turn away from it daily. Journaling is a small voyage to the interior of your mind. The words you choose to use are a reflection of your environment. This is the ideal way for you to observe what is going on around you daily to help you explain what your life to yourself. Journaling won't let you lie to your soul.

3. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Tell them you are trying to meet a girl that wears blueblockers and eats oysters too so that you can have healthy grand babies.

Toby King and Jenelle like this.
  4. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

You don't need to be a monk all the time I think. I certainly am not. but it's may in the north hemisphere and I am in the sun enough not to care so it doesn't make me crash. Would be different in january obviously.
    And for the blueblockers if people ask you stuff, just own it. Say it's your glasses of seduction.