1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Social Isolation or 5G: Which to Pick? (Any Alternatives?)

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Matty_M, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Matty_M

Matty_M Purple Angel Club

Wow.

I will maybe visit my old friends and peers in these places, but it definitely makes more sense for me to LIVE in a place where I can be nothing short of my best.

I have an experiment to do:

Can I set up structure, production, and fulfillment with a lab in under a month? If so, I will take the "easy" route and leave it in Philadelphia, after which I can be independent and live in a place that is better for me than Philly.

If it will require me to be present for more than a month to have the physical aspect of the business working, then I will not stay in Philly; I will move the whole operation to a place where I want to be. This will probably be Florida or Puerto Rico due to the increased quantum yield.

Still, as 5G is poised to penetrate both locations, the ultimate goal is to become mobile; this is why I would rather just get things running smoothly in Philly where I still have my divorced parents, 16 y/o brother, and friends.

This is where I'm at at the moment.

2. Matty_M

Because of the fact that I'm flying and traveling so much, and want to dial it back to keep myself in good health, I'm trying to pick the place where I will settle down for a while.

If it turns out that I need to be around the physical business for multiple months, and can't just get it up and going from Philly, I will probably settle in Florida/Puerto Rico (PR because of US laws and good shipping and so on) to make this happen, for the next phase of life.

@JMO I love being around peers but I couldn't force myself to LIVE in a 5G environment like all universities will be very soon... I would definitely visit, but my life is too short to shorten it.

I am visiting UC Berkeley at the moment and really joying meeting smart and interesting people my age, people who are very interested in the stuff that I have to talk about… This makes me really want to be in place like this. However, I'm still not willing to take a risk with my health.

I decided I can totally visit these places for even a few weeks, but it is key that I LIVE in an environment that is charging me up.

If 5G/radio frequencies weren't an issue at all, I would probably try to live with my aunt and uncle in Berkeley, make friends with loads of university students, build my business, and sell an awesome product…

But the evidence is saying the 5G is more than just a small issue; and given that I actually have the freedom to make a good decision for myself, I want to make the
    most prudent one, given information I can gather. So, I've decided I can visit places like Berkeley, but it's key for me to live in a super optimal enviornment so I can get away with the other stuff.

To have the financial freedom to live in this environment, my business is my main focus at this stage in my life. My next move is to figure out how it will be to set up production and and work remotely from somewhere like Florida or Mexico, and to check out the playing field for Florida and Puerto Rico in case it becomes clear that I must be present for months.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Just saying "hi" Matty. We have recently changed locations and it isn't easy to get it all right. We did the best we could with the information we had. Was it the best possible location? pretty hard to say for sure just yet.....but we did our best!

There have been some great unexpected benefits to this new location - it is called oyster cove btw! But things that are less than optimal ......we can't see the sunrise! - because of headlands - so we have to drive to a particular beach. That seriously ticks us off!

Positives ...we are sleeping great and this is a fishing village.......so lots of wins. The thing is, in my opinion - you never know until you make a move.......

It seems to me that the world is a movable feast ......you are young and strong - you should trust your instincts and fly by the seat of your pants.

4. Awainer1

Awainer1 New Member

Come to Florida! I’m 32 and I live in nearby in Jupiter, Fl with my parents. Would be cool to have someone close by who's about this life. Also I'm a customer of yours!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  5. Matty_M

Thank you Caroline!!

My instincts are telling me to see if I can get the business up and running quickly (under a month) on a higher level (for more volume) from Philadelphia (where I don't feel well), where I have people I trust, so I can then continue to be mobile. Until I try this out, I have no way of knowing whether it will actually be necessary for me to physically be present with the business for many months to really grow it-- in which case I'm pretty certain I'd want to be in the best environment possible, health-wise, that is still a part of the USA, which would probably be Puerto Rico.

So, my next experiment is to try this from Philadelphia :) . I really dont feel THAT bad there, as long as I remind myself why I am doing what I am doing, and that it is a part of my journey.

I appreciate your advice, because I know that the "worst" thing that could possibly happen is that I make a mistake with the business and I have to fix it, or that I decide I don't want to be doing it, so I decide to move on to something else. But, I am currently really, really enjoying it. It gives me an adrenaline rush practically every day. I will keep your advice in mind.

6. Matty_M

Hey Andrew!

I have a good friend in Vero as well as in Flagler Beach, and I imagine I will be spending some time in Vero in the coming months. However, to base my business there would be difficult as, unlike Philadelphia where I was raised and have family and friends I trust, it would require me to be present indefinitely (probably many months), so I won't be able to as easily leave to escape the 5G rollout.

I will definitely visit, but as far as basing the business there, it may not be the wisest move at the moment.

If I do find that I need to be PHYSICALLY present for some unforeseen reason (any continuous issues with shipping/production/orders after we have up-scaled), then I will be considering basing myself and the business in a BETTER environment than Philadelphia, still within the USA for function & shipping, such as Florida or Puerto Rico. I won't be able to make this call until I have some more information in the next few days and weeks.

If I do have to, it would be cool to be around. However, I am craving to be around universities with loads of girls and really intelligent people in my generation, as I just really, really enjoy this.

@Jack Kruse has warned me sternly that deciding to LIVE in a university area IS deciding to live in a 5G zone, which is NO BUENO for health. So, again, my goal is to be mobile, able to base myself in the best environment possible, such as Mexico, and to be able to occasionally visit universities or attempt to connect with people, while having really good physical function and a very strong buffer.

I'll keep this thread posted as my knowledge evolves.

I really appreciate all the guidance.

7. Awainer1

Awainer1 New Member

Matty just curious why Mexico? No 5g there?

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Matty .....I read a book many years ago about a guy that was looking for the best possible way to save on income tax etc. ..............he wound up living on a boat! I can't remember all the details now - it might come back to me - but I was very impressed at the time.

Dean6789 likes this.
  9. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

My cousin and her husband and 1 year old son live in Colorado Springs... 7 years now, I think. Young couple... they don't look good at all.

10. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

The computer is taking over the ship.

11. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

How far do 5 G signals travel? Do you think it'll be safe where you are drezy?

I've considered moving back to Texas because of the latitude (among other things). I also like Florida... and some other places... but Florida is so small, with plenty of people there, it seems that it could easily be overrun with 5 G.

12. drezy

drezy Gold

My wife and I are making a 5-10 year plan with a couple alternates. I'll be passing it by doc on a consult once they all gel or are possible enough.

Texas is a big place. One of the catches, though, is that generally as you move out away from infrastructure you move into worse deuterium(aka dessert) areas. Being in those areas while getting fresh oysters and good water is tricky I think.

I think the bigger question is how will 5G be different.

Once deployed
    1. The towers will be lower (like closer to your face)
    2. The towers will be quite a bit more numerous
    (Lower and more numerous because the signal will run along (be absorbed) by surfaces more easily like trees, shrubs, and your face.)

Theka and Dean6789 like this.
  13. Jonathin

Jonathin Gold Member

Drezy, what do you think about the western gulf coast in TX. Looks dry but not too near city centers unless you get down to Brownsville?

drezy and Dean6789 like this.
  14. drezy

drezy Gold

I vacation on that quiet coast sometimes. I'll have to take my meters next time.

15. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

Good idea. I'd to figure that one out too.