1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

So you want to now why progesterone and cortisol are huge for a leaky gut?

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

thanks or the brain hurt!

3. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

This was a biggie during my consulation. Now I need to take action. I have ordered some Kevita and found some coconut kefir water in my small health food store. Having some kombucha in the meantime. I will have to look at fermented veggies too.

4. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

Water Kefir

Kombucha

Fermented Veg

...and no more pro-biotic pills

"WINNING"

5. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Is KEVITA as good as Kombucha?

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think it is better......but that is just me

7. All this kevita talk thrills me. Finally something I really. Like is good for me. If anyone is trying to kick the diet soda - mix this stuff with sparkling mineral water.

8. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I can't handle the stevia in the Kevita, but that's just my n-1. I recently started kombucha abd love the effect it's having.

9. What's The problem with it? Ive noticed I gain if snack on it - but I have not isolated so I am not sure!

10. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Really, you gain? The coconut and mango coconut kevita only have 1 g of carb per serving...that wouldn't make a difference for me. I don't know how much my homemade kevita has, but it can't be much. I ferment it for 3 days, taste it to make sure no sweetness is left and then sweeten with stevia or a little z sweet. Fizzy and tasty....

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you can gain with Stevia if the gut bacteria is way off.......it is possible. When I hear this I think there is a K2 issue in that gut.

Rob Kavanagh and brandie like this.
  12. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Good to know!

13. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

I drink the sauerkraut juice these days!

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I do this w/both the sauerkraut juice and bubbies pickel juice - cheap kevita/kombucha

15. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I don't gain with it, but it makes me feel unbelievably miserable - maybe it's just a herx. I'm not sure, but I get extremely weak, fatigued and just flat out grumpy!

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

To me with your other seafood concerns.......you have some gut issue cooking causing a metabolic issue. You need to get in to see your doc.

17. Eve

Eve New Member

Just a thought...but it might just be a leaky gut reaction. I can't do any packaged foods, even organic ones. I reacted to one organic lemon juice in a glass bottle but was fine with an organic one from a different brand. I figure it must be something they prewash the glass with.

Re: fish

I started eating fish in May and was getting more and more bloated...I realized it's likely cause there is sodium phosphate in the fish. I tried organic salmon and the reaction was much much less, but still a problem...so I'm thinking the fish may have been packaged in ice with citric acid in it (citric acid is from corn and I am super sensitive).

18. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

Kombucha has 2 billion probiotics and Kevita has 4 billion. I actually prefer the Kombucha if you were to buy them. I might start making my own Kevita drink as I really don't like the flavoring they add to them and stevia. I dont need anything sweet. The Kombucha is so good, I could drink it all day. Mine never tasted that good when I made it.

19. Pamela

Pamela Gold

I've been making Kombucha for a few months now and mine is way better than the store bought in my opinion. And the best part is it doesn't cost $3.50 a bottle!

20. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

Hi Pamela, can you give me some tips? What do you start out with for tea? I really don't want much caffiene so is their low caffiene options. Do you add any flavorings or when it is done fermenting do you let it sit in a bottle longer to get more fizzy?