1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

SO why does Jack advocate AM sunlight?

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by Jack Kruse, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

shiran, Brent Patrick and Josh like this.
  2. Clayton

Clayton New Member

Also for the collagen zipping too right?
    shiran and Brent Patrick like this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yep
    shiran likes this.
  4. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Does this have any bearing at all on women with high T? Or does this mechanism of early sun exposure raising T only apply to males?
  5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

It might be better to think of it as morning sunshine "improving" men's T levels.
    cantweight likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

or gets more important when you know this: A study in Medical Hypotheses suggested that indoor workers may have increased rates of melanoma because they're exposed to sunlight through windows, and only UVA light, unlike UVB, can pass through window glass. At the same time, these indoor workers are missing out on exposure to the beneficial UVB rays, and have lower levels of vitamin D. www.medical-hypotheses.com/article/S0306-9877(08)00599-9/abstract
    Brent Patrick and shiran like this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

ladies too......but different hormones.......Pg/e2
    SlamSlask, shiran and cantweight like this.
  8. Inger

Inger Silver

yeah.. what I have read the sun balances and heals the hormones (optimizes them), what ever way that might be, up or down

that is the magic of the sun :) :) :) but it needs to be nude to be the most effective ;)
  9. PaulG

PaulG Gold

10. 400lbbenchpress

400lbbenchpress New Member

I'm sure it probably stimulates the activation of cortisol receptors - thyroid - probably upregulates androgen receptors to get the day moving etc. Testosterone has a diurnal rhythm as most hormones do.
  11. shiran

shiran Curious

AM exposure for a woman is pure magic .
    Brent Patrick and Lahelada like this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Title of this thread
    SO why does Jack advocate AM sunlight?
    and then its content actually makes me feel uneasy or at least not balanced.
    Specially
    that @Jack Kruse then talks about UV and do not even mention blue.

Any sunlight is better than artificial light, nobody questions that.
    And however small amount of UVa there is in morning light is better than none,
    and that morning UVa indeed does its work,
    but morning light is predominantly about blue light (I think)
    And I am missing that part.

13. shiran

shiran Curious

What exactly is that magic of the AM sun light in a few words?
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  14. Allin

Allin New Member

I think Jack wants us to speed up our eye clock when there is no UV a or b available. He wants the hormone factory to get synch up and turned on by the Blue spectrum, I think Red and Blue light take up most of the spectrum in the sunrise to about 8-10 AM window when UV a shows up, which help build up the ability of the skin to capture more UV b when and if any released a little later after UV a.
    curves2.0 and JanSz like this.
  15. Allin

Allin New Member

Lack exposure to UVB from the sun (Vit D) and also indoor workers are exposed to much more electro-smog and much higher levels of blue light @ higher temperatures than workers outdoors.