1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

So what are you up to for Easter?

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Glamorama, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Personally ill be watching the extended family binge on chocolate and fish ruined by gluten-rich batter,beer and wine. Then I'll spend the weekend painting our lounge-room and hopefully squeeze in a few hikes and a gym-session.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

You look so fantastic I am positive you will get lots of nasty glares!! Rock on Glam!! Your family will benefit big time from what you are doing for yourself. Happy Easter

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think I am going to go to the Opera in Sydney Harbour. I never get tired of hanging out at the harbour. Happy Easter everyone. We are all amazing!

4. JustinB

JustinB New Member

I hope that I'll gonna join you there at opera in Sydney Harbor.

Happy Eater to you as well. :)

5. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

I'm going to my MIL's (joy....) Friday-Sunday. Going to pack my BABs but otherwise I'm kind of at the mercy of what's served for food, which totally stresses me out. So I guess I will eat the ham and the veggie tray...even though the ham is going to have some unpleasant msg, hopefully it's not covered in brown-sugar sauce, too. If that's the case, I guess I'm doing a weekend IF.

Happy Easter to all of you!

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Im making my daughter Kalifornia burgers from the e cookbook and my Sean Series bacon crust pizza's from the cook book for the family get together......9 in total. All pizza will be in spring update of e cookbook

7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

6lbs of grass fed/finished leg of lamb will be slow roasted to perfection in my garlic and herb ghee blend (B/c I was raised its only acceptable to have lamb at Easter) if asparagus is on sale (since its in season here in VA) we'll have that other wise we'll just slow cook some collards or broccoli greens.

we'll have an easter egg hunt for the kids sunday morning. we'll also finish planting the garden. get the cover crops down for the part of the garden we're going to leave fallow, and get our salad greens, summer greens, summer squash, snap peas, heirloom beans, and tomatoes planted.

Saturday we'll zip out to the farm to pick up our Meat CSA! see all the baby goats, chickens and calfs... then head home for some play!

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Kalifornia burgers were on the menu for this week but the grass fed pork shoulder roasted in the rosemary recipe has lasted us 3 meals + lunches!

FWIW DH saw the Kalifornia burgers and decided to take them to the next level - he plans to wilt cabbage, and wrap the burgers in the wilted cabbage leaves and bake!!!!

9. vlynnb

vlynnb Gold

Going to dinner at my daughter's. She will be trying to accommodate my diet with the meat she serves at least. I am hoping she will get to the point of studying and applying the Leptin Rx soon as she struggles so with her weight. She is on Weight Watchers now after using many diets including hhcg successfully but always gaining back. She is afraid to do anything more right now as she slips easily into anorexia. I'm hoping she will be open to Dr. K opinions on that soon.

On another note, another daughter who has been a highly placed Div I collegiate athlete is now doing cross fit at an alarming pace and is trying to get me to join her. She hasn't read Dr. K. but is sure her exercise schedule will benefit me more. We are a family with a strong background in medicine and athletics and have been well steeped in CW so it is proving difficult to change their views. Hope my determination and improving health will convince them.

Happy Easter without chocolate to all of you, well without milk chocolate anyway!

10. Croak

Croak New Member

Some well meaning asshat put a pile of Hersey's Kisses and Cadbury Cream Eggs on my desk this morning, it ambushed me when I got in. I fought it off, forced it to retreat to another part of the office. I won that skirmish, but the war continues.

11. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Dude, I feel you. I had to re-home a little bag of jelly beans and a pile of Hershey Kisses today, too!

12. vlynnb

vlynnb Gold

I'm happy to say that chocolate in general and jelly beans do not tempt me anymore. It is just a good thing that salt and vinegar potato chips or any other potato chips are not part of the Easter tradition or I'd be having to exercise a good deal of self control.

13. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Anxiously awaiting the spring update!!! Love the cookbook! Got my folks cooking from it too and hope one day to get them off statins, HBP meds, metformin.... Resolved I will not take my "morning" and "nighttime" Rx meds like them. They think I'm crazy to come use their 64degree pool for my CT but are happy to feed me fat and protein before I jump in, God bless 'em (and God bless Jack Kruse... Changing lives!)

14. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

That made me laugh!! My office is full of such asshats. Every holiday is a new flavor for the zillion candy jars and dishes.

My fun this Easter weekend is a baby shower... Hoping my BAB will help that morning as I doubt there will be food I can eat there. I'll also have to forcefully decline cake (my weakness).... But at 7-8 weeks on the reset (and feeling the signs it's working) I am NOT ABOUT to blow it....!!!!

Best part about Easter is no more meatless Fridays. Fish (even slathered in fat) just doesnt satisfy me like meat does!! Yay Easter!!

15. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

You know what's funny about offices and co-workers - when some one at HQ sends an email out to all employees about "There's Xfood at so and so's desk - stop buy to get your piece!" the off-site employees - some who are Overseas - send nasty emails back - saying "Thanks for sharing, can you take an picture, and send it to me so I can see what I can't have" makes me LOL all the time...

I remember one place where I worked - there was this candy bowl - one day when the owner was on vacation - the office conspired against him, confiscated the bowl & candy and threw it out so it was no longer a temptation! That lasted until the next halloween when he brought in a new bowl and candy... and the same thing happened on his next vacation... eventually he got the hint...

16. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I'll be eating lamb and nothing else, despite being asked to bring a vegetable I can eat, because I don't eat carbs after breakfast and no one else likes the veggies I can eat, lol.

And probably doing maybe a little resisting, at least of my kids' easter eggs (which I fill with "yogurt" covered raisins, dried fruit, organic gummies, etc.), judging by the dream I had last night (of eating half a Kroger cake).

17. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

We'll be eating a grass-fed 3-rib of beef roast today, I'll be doing some roast potatoes for the children, and other vegetables will be roasted cauliflower and some sauteed broccoli. I've made 90% dark chocolate Easter eggs for all (mini-ones), and will have some baked chocolate custard from The Primal Cookbook for the children for pudding. We'll also be going for an extra-long walk with the dogs down to our pond (which I might just get into!) and back through the woods. Racing Demon by candlelight will be the order of the evening, rather than any computers or television.

18. David

David Silver

I colored hard-boiled eggs for the first time in decades for in the baskets. No candy this year, not even a jelly bean; but I did include a surprise: brightly colored Primal T-shirts from Mark's Daily Apple still in their neat little cellophane packages.

We will soon see how well this substitutes ...

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

we are unleashing the Sean series of ketogenic pizza's on our family.......this should be epic. And I am doing Jack attack video's on them all.

20. I got rid of my BP meds after two weeks of the leptin reset. I have been on them for 10 years prior to the reset. Now it's been 3 months and the BP has settled at around 120-70. No doubt food choices were causing my HBP and I have been a "healthy" eater all my life. I hope your parents have the same results with their BP. :)