1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

So vitamin D inhibits uncoupling proteins....this makes perfect sense!

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Hansen Kenimer, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Hansen Kenimer

Hansen Kenimer New Member

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/296/4/E820

So it seems natural and NECESSARY for your vit D levels to drop in the winter, to enable uncoupling proteins to work their magic in the cold. BOOM!

As a side note, forgive me if this has been discussed. My search didn't bring up anything on this topic.

2. Andrés

Andrés New Member

Non sequitur. It doesn't matter that VDR-null mice have their furniture always on. The question is if they are better adapted to cold exposure than normal mice. Sincerely I doubt it since I suppose that I am not the only one keeping high levels of 25-OH-vitD year round (greater than 50ng/ml) at the same time that keeping CTing (well, I still do mostly DIY-ICE-vest-2.0, drive with AC full blast toward me and keep heat-off at my office) year round too. Brown fat turns on without problems as far as I can see.

I think prudent to follow Vieth's hypothesis while not falsified.