1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

So let's try this ... DarleenMB

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by DarleenMB, Apr 3, 2012.

1. diane

diane Gold

Hi Darleen! I'll still find some time to do some tanning (if my bloody schedule during the week wasn't so crazy) but I'm a couple of days away to having the sun close enough! Although interesting, it's closest at 5pm. Always thought noon was the highest point? I was out pretty much all day today - so much fun!

2. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

diane, ??? where did you get that info? And yeah, we get to 50° in a few days as well. YIPPEE!

I think I figured out what's going on with the lab results. I'm pretty sure the RT3 ng/ml NOT pg/ml. I'll have to call the lab monday to confirm but if that's the case then I am moving in the right direction! I wondered why I was having issues with my hands trembling off and on again.

3. diane

diane Gold

Oh man. Someone posted a link to the sun's distance from the earth based on your lat and long. You could enter in a day, then it had degrees from the sun by hour. It's in one of the threads here!

4. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

OK... I think that's the US Naval site. I didn't see where it said when the sun was the closest. I'm pretty sure that you want to be out at high noon. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

5. janagram

janagram New Member

Darleen,
    I, maybe like you, find myself at square one....N-1, perhaps. I notice you are taking a new approach to eating. newish....I feel like I just need to find my very own N-1 and I haven't found it yet.
    What's up with your eating of late?

6. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Jana, I'm back on low carb, modest protein, plenty of good fats and on a regular schedule. No more BAB. I'm using livestrong.com to track my calories and attempting to keep them around 12-1400. And btw I do NOT count the calories in my BPDC ... they come from fat and if I count them then I don't have much left for food-food. I know that sounds kind of stupid but the MCT oil gets used immediately and I'm now very strict on the butter. Looks something like this:

B: 2 regular slices pan fried bacon, 2 eggs scrambled in the bacon fat, mug of BPDC, 2 ounces pomegranate juice
    L: water packed sardines, 1 ounce sweet potato chips, dill pickle spear, handful raw almonds
    S: apple and more raw almonds if I feel hungry
    D: baked tilapia, green salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette (usually 2TBS or less)

7. Hope

Hope Gold

Darleen, that is awesome about your new T labs!!!!! Way to go!! I have to check out your new site as well!

And....did you ever start red light therapy? If so do you like it?

8. lioness7

lioness7 Gold

The link is http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/AltAz.php

But, I always had a problem using the international form (though have not tried it for a while), so I used to use the U.S. form and entered Niagara Falls N.Y. to get a pretty good approximation for Toronto.

The other site is http://nadir.nilu.no/~olaeng/fastrt/VitD_quartMEDandMED_v2.html where you can input more variables.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  9. Lanie

Lanie Silver

Darleen, can you say more about this? Even if the MCT oil gets used right away as opposed to being stored, shouldn't those calories be counted since your body is NOT burning off other calories since the MCT oil is being burned? I mean, if you're going to count calories why wouldn't you count all of them?

10. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

I've done 10 sessions so far. And my lips are back! My upper lip had disappeared quite a while back. Age sucks. But I noticed a couple of weeks ago it felt like I had a fat lip and sure enough, they're plumping up. Well, as much as mine ever do. So yeah, I'm really liking it.

Lanie I want to make sure I get enough protein so I decided to ignore those two counts. It's a game I play with my head like entering deductions in the checkbook that never actually exist. I've managed to build up quite a nice little cushion doing that so now I never ever worry about having enough money to pay the bills or bouncing a check. It's silly, I know but it works for me.

and I forgot ... about the RT3 ... the NP told me wrong. That number is 157 NOT 1.57. WOW what a difference. It means my ratio IS 22.3!! I stopped the cytomel Saturday and just take the iodoral + selenium now. I did notice a little bit of trembling in my left hand again about 3pm. Gotta remember to take some d-ribose at lunch. That stops it. So YAY for me on the thyroid. On the right track.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  11. Lanie

Lanie Silver

LOL...I do that with my checkbook too.

Great work on the thyroid! Progress!

12. diane

diane Gold

Great news about the thyroid Darleen! Must feel great to see progress!

13. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Lanie, good to know. I thought I was just being weird. Something new is I now pay for everything (except the monthly bills) with the cc. We're racking up air miles for our next trip. yay! Which means that when it's time to reconcile the checkbook it now takes mere minutes instead of hours. What a relief! Of course I have to be careful not to spend too much because the house rule is always pay the cc in full every month. We spent way too many years giving too much money to the frackkin' banks. Now we're "deadbeats" and I laugh every month.

Diane, it does. Now to get/keep my calories under control and the scale should start going down. I plan to do the wellness panel lab work at the hospital in a couple of months. I'm curious to see if my trigs come down since I'm trying to eat way less beef and more fish.

14. Lanie

Lanie Silver

Darleen - where you at? Read your recent blog post. Just came over here to give you a hug, since I can't leave a comment there. So here it is. (((()))). Mean people suck.

15. Inger

Inger Silver

Darleen... I LOVE those orange red earrings on your blog. They are so very beautiful! Hope you are well and outside tanning, I always feel tanning has a slimming effect to me..:) Forget about the mean people.. just ignore. I tell myself to do that always, it is just not worth wasting time on (do I still fail to do it at times, hell yes! lol). Just look at the beauty of life instead! :)

16. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Lanie, I'll have to check that. I thought I had it set so comments were available. tsk. Why is something so simple so darned difficult. Thanks for the hug. All I'd really like at this point is for that person to acknowledge what she did and 'fess up to the guys she used to destroy my reputation. Fat chance. I still cringe when I see a post from one of my high school friends wondering if they still think I'm some kind of slut.

Inger, thanks. I am trying to cut out the tanning booth and get the real thing. The weather hasn't been real cooperative.

17. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Lanie, I just checked. This theme uses an iPhone-like appearance. To leave a comment, look next to the title of the post. You'll see a "conversation balloon" over to the right. Click on that to leave a comment.

18. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Since things are not going anywhere I've decided to do a once-weekly checkin starting today.

My weight has not budged in over a year which, in and of itself, is actually a very good thing. But being stuck at 231 sucks. However, I have decided that I've set my goals way too high (or low, depending on your viewpoint). Why? Well, my age for one thing. For another, there was an article in one of the fashion magazines I read that showed real women getting their jean-thing on.

jeans.jpg jeans2.jpg

On the left, 5'8", 162 pounds. On the right, 5'10", 200 pounds.

I'm 5'9.5" and was aiming for 130. Well, not gonna happen. So I'm thinking 160-165 might be a better goal. Especially since I'm starting back to doing heavy lifting. Muscle and all that.

On another note I was steered to a book by Ridha Arem entitled "The thyroid solution diet." Dr. Arem is an endocrinologist in Houston with a spectacular website and a forum which no one posts in. Too bad. He pretty much lost me when he mentioned "healthy grains" and he DID lose me at insisting on cardio. Um, no thanks doc. I may yet buy the book (I just downloaded a sample to my Kindle, that's as far as I've gotten) but after reading some of the review, probably not. It seems EVERYone has an answer but I've yet to find one that really works. And before the howls of protest begin, let me point out the only reason I started on THIS journey with Jack was because I want/need to LOSE WEIGHT.

My health is pretty decent given how much extra weight I'm packing around.

Well anyway. That's all I have for this week. See ya around the water cooler.

19. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Darlene, I am 5'7.5" and have never been considered petite. Have been this height since beginning of 7th grade when I towered over the rest of my peers, especially the boys :eek:. I would love to see 130 again but it is also not likely...my weight doesn't go down that far unless I am dealing with IBS and/or high anxiety.

Right now I am just barely under 145 and carry it well. I feel good. Not going to beat myself up over it. I think your goal is good for your height. Would LOVE to be be 5'9"!

20. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

It's been an interesting several weeks. The sun finally decided to quit playing hide and go seek with Mother Nature and I've spent a couple of blissful afternoons (well, OK really only 15-20 minutes per side each time but still) getting solar powered vitamin D therapy! Man it was HOT out there today. I am a pansy? or is it candy? ass when it comes to summer heat. I wilt. Pansy it is.

Sleep has been pretty good but when you're sharing your bed (even if it IS king sized) with three cats it can be problematic when the little darlings want the warm spot, or want you to get your ass outta bed because the SUN IS UP DAMMIT AND YOU SHOULD BE AS WELL! Or maybe they think you should get their breakfast ready because, you know, dry kibble is just not what they wanted.

I finally managed to get my big ol' ass to the gym last week. The owner took me through all the machines and wrote down the settings for me. I think he was trying to kill me. The next day was fine but the day after that I was a hurtin' unit. And the next. But I went today when my massage therapist changed my appointment on me and I got through all of them. Want to know what I hate the most? The wall to wall frickin' mirrors. I've gotten very adept at only looking at my face but when you're sitting 3 feet from the mirror it's kinda hard not to see your/my fat belly, the batwings on my arms, ugh ugh ugh. Well, that's not exactly what I said to myself.

I may yet hit the treadmills he has. The place is pretty well empty or it has been each time I've been there. Much nicer than the crowds at the Y and no kids. yay!

And finally, a little something to get everyone stirred up. We WERE talking about oxytocin weren't we? ;)

I still haven't done the piercings. Doesn't seem to be much point since I'm the only one playing with my parts. Oh well. I'm still thinking about it though.

I have discovered, quite unintentionally and totally by accident (drum roll) that female ejaculation is a real deal. See it all started when I spotted an interesting blog entitled "aroused woman" and naturally had to go check it out. Well she just doesn't pull any punches. She recommended this so naturally I ran right over to Amazon and bought it. Let me just add here that glass is wonderful. She recommended another toy but I haven't gotten the nerve up yet to order it. I'm sure you'll understand when you find it.

short pause while I ponder the wonder that is glass

OK.

So anyhoo I was giving it a good workout the other day when I finally FOUND the damned spot. Leave it to me to have things not be where they are supposed to be. Did I ever mention that when I had my hyst I decided to do a spinal block but after 30 minutes of trying the anesthesiologist had to give up because he couldn't block me? So OF COURSE something as important as the OMG-spot isn't where it should be. That explains a lot.

But it's there.

Pause for a while as I ponder the wonders of the female operating system.

Back on track. There I was enjoying the sensation when ... WTF was THAT?

This is what THAT was.

I have been wandering around like a hormone amped 16 year old since then. I've caught myself eyeballing every male who crosses my path. holy macaroni. Nothing like being in your mid-60's before you finally discover WHAT is what.

Last edited: May 6, 2013