1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

So let's try this ... DarleenMB

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by DarleenMB, Apr 3, 2012.

1. endless

endless New Member

I had no idea that baking powder got old! Mine is very old....hmmm. Might have to make some.

2. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Just saw this on FB and could NOT resist reposting it here. You might want to put that beverage down before you view it.

295675_428175053943024_442333290_n.jpg

3. endless

endless New Member

Haha....I took your advice and set down my wine. I actually use that 'term of endearment' quite frequently...often while driving.

4. diane

diane Gold

HAHAHAHAHA. So funny!

5. janagram

janagram New Member

lol.....he he....

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Love it......

7. Martin

Martin Gold

Huh?

I don't get it. What's that giant thingy she's got such a grip on?

;-)

8. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

LOL, Martin that was almost as funny as the cartoon!

Definite mood improvement since I stepped down off the reset. Small amounts of protein 3x a day and limiting carbs (but not eliminating them) and bumping the fat seems to be having a positive effect.

Yesterday:

B: 1 piece thick sliced bacon, 2 eggs scrambled in the bacon fat, 1 mug BPDC with 1oz of butter and 2TBS upgraded MCT oil
    L: leftover roast beast with a few bites of potato (!yes potato!), 3 or 4 baby carrots, a bite or 2 of onion and the broth, handful of raw almonds for dessert
    S: apple and a few more raw almonds.
    D: small tin of mackerel fillets (packed in sunflower oil ... ick but that's all they had), sweet potato chips (about an ounce)

Lots of spring water (which has hubby in a snit as he thinks our tap water is just fine).

Slept ok except for the damned cats. Between Missy pawing at my neck to be let under the covers, Sammy hopping up and down off the bed (and walking over me, of course ... 16 pound cat who is NOT at all graceful), and Three trying to snuggle without disturbing Missy ... well you get the idea. Woke early (like about 5:30) and lay there about an hour before giving up and getting up. Sunrise always is 20 minutes AFTER actual sunrise because of that ridge we're behind but it was spectacular nonetheless.

Weighed in ... will weigh once a week from now on. Scale was up 2 pounds (probably from getting rehydrated) but I'm not worried as I am now eating WAY less than I was before.

9. endless

endless New Member

Ah yes, sleeping with cats. I have three on my bed as well, needless to say I don't change position much!

How on earth can you handle eating only ONE piece of bacon?? It's like teasing...I can't stop at just one.

10. janagram

janagram New Member

trying a new approach is a damn good idea. I've tried a potatohack...(last wk...1 day)...its hard to do but I do lose about a lb a day if I stick to it. No fat.
    Hell, Darleen...I just don't know anymore. Just want a diet that lets you live your life! Went out to dinner last night and gained a pound! why? I had ahi tuna!
    Oh, sorry, this is your journal!!

11. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Krista ... look at all the fat I'm getting in the morning. Makes it real easy to stop at just one piece. ;)

Jana, I hear ya. I really like the force fat approach. Honestly 60g of protein is plenty. I'm getting enough carbs to keep my FBG in a good range and I am NOT hungry. As I said, my mood has improved -- the one marker I've been waiting a whole damned year to see and here it is! I also firmly believe that paleo is a good template. I will continue to add as much fish as I can and keep starches to a minimum. Doesn't get much easier than that. And I think there's room for an occasional treat. I also think that weighing every day is a big mistake. This from the woman who used to start every day by doing just that. Your weight can vary so much in a 24 hour period it isn't even funny.

That's all I know. Not much. But I'm working on it.

12. endless

endless New Member

I wonder if your mood has improved from adding the carbs in...

I don't weigh myself even every week anymore. waiting till I see/feel some difference in my clothes.

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Darleen
    I may have figured out the recipe for the hail mary macaroon's....

blonde macaroons:
    1&1/2C shredded coconut
    1C almond flour
    1/3c coconut oil
    1/3c maple syrup
    vanilla to taste

they're in the dehydrator right now - its possible the wet ingredients need to be cut back to 1/4c

Haven't started on the chocolate - but will be working on them later this week

here's what I'm thinking:
    1&1/2C shredded coconut
    1/2C almond flour
    1/2C cacao powder
    1/3c coconut oil
    1/3c maple syrup
    vanilla to taste

yes I'm enabling you!!!

14. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

OOOOH yummy! I still have the package on my counter where I stare at it daily. Thanks!

15. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

wet ingredients don't need to be cut back... after 4hrs in the dehydrator they're freaking perfect. If you have a history of binging...DO.NOT.MAKE

16. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

OH NO! I'm in big trouble.

17. endless

endless New Member

Darleen must have decided to ditch her computer after the Q&A....or maybe she's busy with the macaroons?

18. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Nope. Didn't do the q&a, not giving up my electronics. I live out here in the hinterlands in a dead zone. So I'm keepin' what I've got.

I've been busy switching my website around. I finally decided my old site was a wasted effort so I've ditched it and gone straight to wordpress hosting. Of course I did everything backwards and lost all the stuff off my old site. No big deal 'cause none of it was worth keeping but you'd think just once I'd line out my strategy BEFORE I jump. Of course not.

I'm still trying to figure out what I can and cannot do on the Wordpress-hosted site. And I lost my old theme which I absolutely loved because it was just so whimsical. Oh well.

So between that and FB and tanning etc I've just been "busy." hahaha

19. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Fast checkin. still here. sort of.

20. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Got my labs back on the thyroid.

free T3 = 3.57 pg/ml
    RT3 = 1.57 pg/ml

when I ran the numbers through the ratio calculator at STTM I got 2273.9. ?????

If that's correct then I can stop taking the cytomel. Right?!