1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

So let's try this ... DarleenMB

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by DarleenMB, Apr 3, 2012.

1. diane

diane Gold

I can't imagine a piercing there - but eagerly await more info from the waxing lady. Yes I have had a brazilian. Yes it hurts. But yes, you do feel pretty sexy, I think. And I do have a huge tattoo on my back - took 6 hours. And have had my nose pierced (had a totally rebel year when I turned 40 LOL). The tattoo was WAY worse than the piercing, let me tell you. Although I don't still have the piercing, I do have my tattoo.

2. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

LOL more likely the testosterone. I upped my dose a smidge more about a week ago and I'm feeling quite, well, um, randy.

3. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

If I were to hazard a guess I'd think it adds an extra bit of zip to things. Ah there goes my hyperactive imagination again.

I would have gone all the way today but I figured I'd better start slow, LOL. As it was she might as well have finished the job but I'm just as glad she didn't. I'm a bit tender in spots.

and may I say WOW on the tattoo. Would you mind sharing what it is? Full back? lower back? deets, my dear!

Um NOSE? Um. When I turned 40 I got 2 extra ear piercings. I'm impressed. And yeah, I can see how the piercing would be less painful because it's one little prick (no smart commentary now!) as opposed to all that needle work for the tat. I still want some viney, flowery, star filled GIRLY thing. although I'm seeing some awesome tats on FB but at my age I think less is more.

SPEAKING of age ... I checked in at 23andme again to find that I have a higher than average longevity factor ... as in 95-100 years. That'll be fine as long as I'm not wrinkly and shrunken. Time to lift those weights! hahaha like that will help.

4. diane

diane Gold

Mine goes from the lower back all the way half way up my back. It's 2 skulls in flowers, with a huge heart with fire coming out of it. Yes, it is a masterpiece. And it is uniequ. And I do love it. I love hearts and skulls. I especially love hearts - and heart jewellery. Just one of the odd things about me. LOL.

5. janagram

janagram New Member

Wow! Diane! that sounds impressive!
    Darleen...Love the longevity!

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

So - you really are going to be around to at least 120! impressive! .....I better pick up my game.....

but - I am not getting a piercing "there" of course I have done a lot of strange and unlikely things lately and I am old enough to know better than to never say never !

7. ashryn

ashryn New Member

I'd consider a piercing there... A small barbell would create some interesting effects I should think.. A "secret lady rub" when wearing jeans - as a very good friend of mine described it once... The only thing that is stopping me is piercings are a pita to keep clean whilst they're healing.. But my nipple piercing was such a rush I almost got the other one done at the same time... You know how nipple tweaking is supposed to help produce oxytocin? That good.

i have a pink tattoo of an ohm (symbolising balance and the interconnected ness of things) on my shoulder blade. It hardly hurt getting it. But it is only about 3 inches tall. My nose piercing on the other hand was the most painful thing I have voluntarily done to myself.

I used to get brazillians occasionally, but it always disturbed me to look so prepubescent. And I had several nasty cases of barthic cysts which I eventually worked out had something to do with getting ripped. So I stopped and have been a hairy feral for a few years until just recently (pool.. Beach.. Don't want to frighten people) I will probably eventually get IPL done on the bikini line so I don't ever have to think about it again. I suspect the cysts have contributed to my not being all that interested in SO since it is the glands that produce the lubricant that get blocked and eventually burst (one was the size of a small apple) sorry for the tmi Darleen, but I just wanted to pass on the warning.. Just in case.

8. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Oh Ashryn I so do feel your pain. When I was in my early 20's one of my Bartholin glands developed not one but TWO cysts. The doc I was seeing turned out to be next to useless (long story not worth bothering with). She inserted a balloon cath into the gland and told me I had to leave it there for a week. THEN she left town. Do you know what it's like to have a piece of rubber tubing sticking out of your labia? It is NOT pleasant. Neither was the procedure.

ANYway. About 5 days in the pain became so awful I couldn't take it. I called her office and she had left town for a long weekend. I finally called the doc who had correctly diagnosed my appendicitis (which SHE had decided was an ovarian cyst and had then proceeded to pounce on my right ovary several times) and HE removed the cath. That's when he found there were two cysts not one and the cath had been rubbing on the 2nd one causing all the pain.

I think I'd rather have had that than one that got so huge. And just to make things interesting about 6 months ago I found a swelling right about where that cyst was. I had a moment of pure panic. I finally figured out it was a swollen lymph node. Odd spot but it went away almost as quickly as it appeared. stupid hoohaw.

I was thinking the same think re the piercing. A tiny barbell. and for the same reason. heh heh. Great minds and all that. Ah the nipple thing. Um. Seriously? I would have thought it would hurt like a sumbich. No thanks on the nose, still. :eek:

DIANE! You Amazon, you! That sounds gorgeous! Stars and hearts for moi. Skulls? Maybe it's my age but they're starting to have some appeal for some reason. shrug. I was actually thinking of trying my hand at skull beads. If I ever get off the computer and back in front of the torch.

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Tattoos - yes. multiple. only 2 are visible and w/the exception of the Kanji I designed them all. I have an anklet of stars, suns and moons on my left ankle, Kanji that says peace on my right ankle (I got this done in Okinawa - and I asked for the design in Japanese/Hogan - and the owner of the shop actually did the tattoo - he was notorious for not tattooing gaijin - but he tattooed me b/c I asked in the native okinawan language of Hogan - he also did 3 other of my tattoos as well)

I have a dolphin jumping through a heart on my front right hip bone, a crescent moon sitting atop a yin/yang on back left hip bone. and a kanji that say beauty and identity on my lower back

I love each and every one of them...

10. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

OOO How cool is that!? I esp like the anklet ... would love to see that.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

You girls are all amazing - I am in awe ........ no plans tho...

12. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Audrey, me either. But I am thinking about it.

CT this morning was COLD. I missed another 2 sessions this week and almost skipped today but grabbed myself by the scruff of the neck and went and did it anyway. I thought I'd never warm up. Fortunately the tanning salon was BUSY so by the time I got to a bed it was already warm. Ok OK probably NOT a good thing. Sometimes even when you know better you fail to do better. Shoot me.

Oh and while I was at the tanning salon/body piercing place I spent some time eyeballing (from a discrete distance) the body jewelry they have on display plus the motorcycle mama clothing lines. :eek: They had one jacket (all the stuff is BLACK) with printed skulls and 3D roses on the shoulder. I immediately thought of YOU diane.

And while I was thinking on all this stuff I realized that I like the idea of being a 60-something hotty. Only undercover. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chico's clothing line. It's hip without being juvenile, trendy and slightly flashy. And I can see myself dressed in some of their clothing which would be hiding sexy tattoos and a couple of body piercings. No one would be the wiser. Kinda describes my entire life, I guess. Sexy as hell without anyone being aware of it. And I wonder why I think I'm invisible to the men out there. ha. I'm not sure that's a good thing or a boring thing or something I need to take up with my sometimes therapist, LOL.

Still haven't had a chance to watch the webinar and I just started EMF 7 and already my brain is hurting. I am not slow but I don't see how everyone manages to just plow through these things so damned fast. I have to take them in small bites, go think about what I've read, think some more and then go read some more. Not to mention time spent looking shit up. I just FINISHED EMF 5 and haven't done EMF 6 yet. geez.

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

I found EMF5 really hard - but #6 lots better but I seem to be avoiding #7 for at least a few more minutes....

14. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I haven't finished EMF6 myself...

15. diane

diane Gold

Love it!

I've been pretty busy the last couple of days - so haven't started EMF 7 yet. Will shortly though....

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Did you guys listen to the Q&A? I didn't - the last one drove me crazy with all the continual chatting.....

17. diane

diane Gold

Yep, I was there! No, not as much chatting. Although I do think that some chat is helpful - but it has the ability to be too much.

18. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

I'm sorry I cannot do the Q&A. Just. won't. It's too annoying.

and I have to say I'm having a very difficult time concentrating on what Jack is saying in the latest webinar. Maybe I should just d/l the audio. ;)

Got my Thursday afternoon SO on yesterday. add another winkie. So my mood is much improved. All I can say (besides THAT which is probably too much) is thank god for rechargeables.

Was supposed to go up to Story this morning to play crash test dummy for my coffee buddy who is also an occasional Reiki practioner. She has someone who wants to learn the techniques and I got volunteered to be the practice client. BUT she canceled this morning so I"m a bit at loose ends now. Maybe I'll finish the webinar and then polish off EMF 6.

19. endless

endless New Member

I tried to....apparently I am anatomically unsuitable. Both piercers I approached said my hood was too small. They'd never seen that before. Trust me to be a freak of nature with an abnormally small clitoris:rolleyes: I have a large tattoo that covers most of my upper back. In spite of not actually having the hood piercing myself, I know for an absolute fact it is far less painful than the tattoo. My sister in law is a body piercer and I've seen people get it done and be totally fine a couple hours later. It's very thin skin and it heals quickly. She keeps threatening to do my nipples instead but THAT one hurts. Not sure I'm up for it.

Waxing, on the other hand, is great! I've been waxing for 20 years....I usually don't bother with the bikini area this time of year, unless I'm seeing someone, but I do my pits and legs myself. I hate shaving.

I'm still on EMF 5/6 too....I can't process it all at once.

20. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Krista I about spit my tea all over the monitor. Now I'm afraid to even talk to anyone about getting it pierced because I think I might have the same issue as you. Mouse parts. boo. OTOH maybe it's just the hood that's too small. Maybe your clitoris is too big for it's little hoodie ... didja ever think of that? Quick, get out the calipers.

Nipple piercing would require sedation on my part and I don't care WHAT Ashryn said about oxytocin release.