1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

So let's try this ... DarleenMB

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by DarleenMB, Apr 3, 2012.

1. endless

endless New Member

Same here....I get satellite but if it snows I have to go outside with a big rake and knock the snow off. No cell service. My internet comes in on a dish too, so I don't know how to make that non-wifi yet.

That's too bad about the new Die Hard. I have a big crush on Bruce Willis....especially when he's bald.:cool:

2. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

So your satellite internet comes in to a router? Can't it go directly to the computer? I know you tried that but maybe you just need a different cable. I'm lost on this one.

I never really thought Willis was all that hot until I watched The Fifth Element for about the 10th time. I dunno ... maybe it's the CT and a year on the leptin rx but I was having decidedly naughty thoughts while watching it. He does wear bald very well, doesn't he.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

yeah - Bruce Willis rocks bald .... and he is no spring chicken is he?

4. Lanie

Lanie Silver

Darleen - you seem to be putting Jack's advice to the test. Personally, I get lost in his blog posts. What did he say that stuck with you and caused such a behavioral shift for you? (e.g., ditching the Netflix, Roku, and microwave.)

5. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

He's still younger than us, LOL!

Lanie, it's the whole EMF series. I saw no point in continuing netflix without the roku or Apple TV (OTOH I see they have a new series which I could just watch on the computer so maybe I'll keep it for another month and see if it's worth watching). also I bought (but then returned) and EMF meter. I was shocked when I put it next to the microwave, which was OFF, and it pegged the needle. My desk lamp pegged it as well when I turned it on so it's OFF permanently.

I'm not at the point of throwing the breaker at night. It's just too damned cold. And buying a generator sounds like a solution to keeping the pump on the hot water heat going but right now it's baby steps. Hubby thinks I've slipped a cog anyway.

Honestly so many of our friends and acquaintances are developing cancer ... and they're all avid cell phone users and users of other tech AND bad diets. I was at a friend's apartment a while back ... her cancer has recurred. I had turned on Airport on her Mac to see what wifi was available and she's swimming in it. I counted at least a dozen networks. She's on the 3rd floor and there are power lines right outside her windows.

I know that a lot of what Jack is writing about currently may seem really out there but he's backing it up with info from scientific studies and putting it all together in such a way that if you can't see the handwriting on the wall you just are not paying attention.

My health is actually pretty good, all things considered, and I'd like to keep it that way.

6. endless

endless New Member

Yeah, I don't know....I assumed just plugging the cable into the computer would work but it doesn't. I'm hoping the company that installed it can help me out.

I'm keeping Netflix...it's what keeps me entertained while I CT inside. I'll have to have a really long cord so I can drag my laptop into the bathroom is all!

7. Lanie

Lanie Silver

Ok, but how many of your friends who are NOT developing cancer are using cell phones? Cuz everyone I know uses them. And how many people who are NOT developing cancer have a bzillion wifi networks in the neighborhood? I don't have cancer and there are 28 wifi networks in and around my home (just counted them).

I think Jack Kruse has some good ideas. However, I just implore you and others to use some critical thinking skills before turning your worlds upside down.

Copper mesh? Doesn't that have holes in it?

EMF paint? Really?

I am becoming truly bothered by this.

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Darleen

I had the best sleep last night... and to top it off I had a DREAM and you were in it! the two of us had gone shopping??? and we were strutting our stuff trying to decide what bikini's we were going to buy for our big ocean CT and what manolos and choos we were going to buy to go with them... you ended picking a pair of HOT PINK 5" heels with ruffles on them and a HOT PINK hybicus print bikini on a dark blue background w/ sarong... I forget what I picked... but your selection stood out..and of course we had eye candy galore too drool over as well...

9. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

OMG that is just hilarious!!! Me in a bikini ... and HOT PINK to boot. Although how you would know that I love floral prints is pretty surprising. Oh wait ... it's that girly part of me that shows, isn't it. And let's see -- 5" heels would put me at about 6'2"+ So that eye candy had better be really TALL! Oh yeah, love the sarong as well. Now then, what beach were we hitting?

10. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Lanie, as in all things in this life YMMV (your mileage may vary for the acronym-challenged). Not everyone has genetic mutations or defects that lead down the road to cancer. And just because most people are (apparently) using cell phones constantly doesn't mean they are healthy or are going to stay that way.

There is just so much that we don't know about what we are currently doing to ourselves. As Jack keeps pointing out ... we've only been in this soup for a little over 100 years. Compare that to the 3 million years we have been evolving into modern humans. Plus he's cited plenty of evidence to back up what he's saying. My challenge to you would be to start reading and reach your own conclusions.

And what's your point on the copper mesh? Holes (and they are quite fine) don't necessarily mean that EMF will pass through. I don't know anything about metallurgy so cannot answer your question. I can hazard a guess that the waves will simply bounce off the metal threads or that maybe it sets up some sort of interference pattern. I dunno.

EMF paint is a reality (although it may not actually be called that) as I've been to the website.

As I said earlier, my physics knowledge is limited to one year of freshman physics so long ago I barely remember taking the class. I'm sure there are others here on the forum with far more current knowledge who can answer these questions. I'd suggest going to one of the other forums and starting a new thread. You'll get much better answers than I can give.

And lastly, my world isn't being turned upside down. Unlike a lot of people here I'm already in a good physical location. Giving up cordless phones, the microwave and the wifi is no hardship. I got along quite well long before they came on the scene.

As to cell phones ... I've NEVER liked the damn things. They are so misused and abused that if they were outlawed tomorrow I would have a party to celebrate. We had a bag phone AGES ago when they first started becoming popular. DH insisted we get it so when I drove to Colorado I would have a way to get hold of someone in an emergency. I never once used it. We went to one of those big ol' "flip" phones ... the kind that weighed nearly a pound. Never used it. About 6 or 7 years ago we got our first tracfone. Now we each have one and they are seldom on. Once again it's mainly for emergency use when we go on road trips. Living out here in Wyoming it is an absolute necessity. We have nothing but miles and miles of empty miles and miles. A breakdown out here could mean a darned long wait for the HP to finally come by.

I do think, however, that a number of people here are panicking since the EMF series began. I'm sure that was NOT Jack's intent but there's always that part of a group that does the chicken little thing no matter what. They will calm down. Yes, what he has laid out IS frightening. But as he says ... when you know better, you do better. Good enough for me.

11. diane

diane Gold

Darleen I think you expressed it perfectly.

Love the dream with the hot pink shoes and bikini! Will there be some googling today to find said shoes?? :) Could be fun!

12. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Thanks Diane. 5" heels? I think not. those 3" wedges are about as high as I dare go. I"m too tall to go Lady Gaga on everyone. :D

13. diane

diane Gold

One of my friend's is 6' tall and she loves heels! I always look like stumpy walking beside her LOL - I'm only 5'3"! :)

Even 3" would look hot with a hot pink bikini. ;)

14. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Diane, I am the opposite in that I always feel like the Amazon amongst my friends! 2.5 inch heels are my usual choice.

15. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Back from the salon and coffee with my friend. and here we go with yet another TMI post.

My first EVER bikini wax. And may I just say

OUCH

I had timidly thought about a full Brazilian but chickened out at the last minute opting instead for a landing strip (not that anyone other than BUZZ will be landing there any time soon but WTH). The woman who did the deed was funny and so she and I and my stylist (who was doing some painting in the next area) had a good time while I winced and tried not to levitate off the table.

during the course of THE PROCEDURE the subject of piercings came up. Clitoral piercings to be exact. I tried not to cross my legs and squeal and then the waxer informed us SHE had had it done. OUCH OUCH She said she'd always wanted to do it and after she gave birth to her first child figured WTH and did it. uhhhhh ... Well TECHNICALLY, she confided, it was not the clitoris but the hood that was pierced and yeah it was worth it.

Things that make you go hmmm.

I didn't have the ovaries (hahaha little post-hysterectomy joke there) to ask WHY it was worth it but I can sorta guess. When I go back for the touch up and the rest of the Brazilian I will ask. IN the meantime I just will have to use my imagination.

I did allow as how I would probably rather get a tattoo and she said THAT hurt more than the piercing did. hmmmm.

OK SHOW OF HANDS ... who would consider a piercing of that most delicate area?

Oh yeah, the wax job. We were doing fine until she accidentally dropped a glob of wax at the top of the landing strip. Oh well, she allowed as how since I"m blonde it isn't much of landing strip anyway. And it took most of the painful part of the full Brazilian right then and there. But I'd had enough ripping, thank you very much, so we just left it at that. She can get the rest next time I go back.

Now, if only the rest of me was bikini ready I'd be real happy. I think I'll go internet shopping now and see if I can find that hot pink hibiscus print job Gretchen thought up for me.

16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

erm.... NO! no interest in piercings there....

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

This is exactly the bikini bottoms that I just bought!! we must be channeling something here....it seems important don't you think??? and my shoes don't have a ruffle but the bikini does!

18. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Darleen, your post made me laugh. I used to go to a salon for waxing and my husband would ask, "Are you going to get ripped this Saturday"? I dropped the ripping in favor of a weekly shaving...much cheaper.

NO, I would not consider a piercing in at vicinity. Yes, I do have a lovely Tatoo on my upper left shoulder. It was done freehand, so no one else has one exactly like it. Guess that makes it a good identifying mark for the FBI ;)

19. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Audrey, not sure if that means anything other than we're all so girly!

Fitness, I have tried shaving and I get awful ingrown hairs. Plus the stubble drives me mad.

I have wanted a tattoo since I was in my mid-20's. I just have never gotten around to it. It's next on my list.

So, no takers on the piercing eh? I don't know WHAT has gotten into me lately. I'm thinking about it. But still NO on a nipple piercing. NO NO NO.

20. janagram

janagram New Member

OK, who spilled the estrogen????