1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

So I'm thinking about going over to the dark side

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by chocolate, Jul 30, 2012.

1. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I didn't eat the noodles yet. I was fine for the longest, and now I know I need more fat. I've just been dull. I barely touch coffee now and that cost me the fat that was on top.

I printed up the article Doc posted so I can highlight.

2. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Someone told me something interesting today about calcium. Because the body upregulates it for the immune system when we're vitamin d deficient, some medics are recommending it for first sign of flu.

3. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I was kind of wondering if I used a properly proportioned multiple mineral for a few days if that would do it? I can't find a phosphorus supplement anywhere.

4. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Today was an idiot day. I wound up with 81 blood sugar after eating my 60 grams of fish protein and about 3 grams of fish oil, along with an avocado, a large iceberg with olive oil and about two tablespoons of sunflower butter, at 3pm my blood sugar was 81 again. I drank water, but not salted. I realize that could've been a misstep. I didn't feel any better so I had two bites of little Halloween chocolate, pure name brand garbage and about a one inch cube of cantelope. Half hour later it was 131. Not good. I realized it was too soon, but still. I waited 15 minutes and tried again. 138. It think I need to calculate how much fat I need in a day and just get it down. I read the article and highlighted but don't quite know where to go with it.

That sugar was miserable. Or maybe I just need get going on some good gut flora. That really must be my problem. I think I'm willing to go through the gas or whatever it takes to make it work down there. I think radishes and seaweed are the only Hashi friendly things I can eat. Maybe a list of AI CAN foods would be good. The scfa needs to happen so my adrenals can keep resting.

I wonder if the vitamin d could be lowering my blood sugar? I guess I 'd better figure it out.

5. chocolate

chocolate Silver

My son and his girlfriend are juicing and I'm thinking the solids would be a good thing to put in a broth. That would be something that wasn't full of sugar and pretty benign that might start some gut flora. Maybe I just need to eat lots more or more often. It shouldn't be such a puzzle how to peck up the blood sugar just a little.

6. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Now I'm wondering if the vitex is doing it. does progesterone or vitamin d lower your blood sugar? It's just that 81 is such a consistent number. I guess it's back to tracking and often.

7. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Well, I didn't mention the exchange I had with my son. He's trying to relight on his pedestal and now he's acting like I need dietary help and I feel bad because of it. He's getting consult from his g/f brother saying low carb is bad. blah, blah, blah. I told him that I absolutely need help from a relevant doctor in front of my future dil. Today was a potluck that I needed to attend. I had 82 fbg when I woke up and ate leftover steak and oysters, along with a couple hard boiled egg yolks. An hour later, 92, and I'm feeling pretty darn good. At 11: 30 it was 82 again and I decided to eat passe' paleo. It was legitmate. No grains, blah, blah, blah. I finished the event at 12:30 and tested at 1:30. My number was 178. (I forgot my betaine next to the water pitcher at home) I felt great mind you. OM freaking goodness! Was not happy. 2:30 138. I started sweating profusely, which I also did last night in my sleep from the candy I suspect. I've had plenty of Iodine and sea salt lately thank goodness.

Now, I think I need took to school on this stuff good and proper. I really think I am just keto and that's why I'm low, or maybe not.

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/34/10/2237.full

doi: 10.2337/dc10-2414 Diabetes Care October 2011 vol. 34 no. 10 2237-2243

I will be carrying a flask of ghee, I believe. I guess I just need to eat fish.

8. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I woke up this morning with 80 on the meter. I guess I get to start all over correctly and try to figure this out. I had an ounce of beef jerky in the night and I think it helped. I'm going to try to get some salted (1/4 teaspoon twice) water in and no potassium supps. I seem to barely need them with the betaine, but I will never not have a pill box of them in my purse.

I feel like I've been beaten with a stick. I couldn't find the quercetin, so as soon as I find that, I'll be on my way. I have decided that I am going to try to use coffee medicinally. Just a tiny cup to conveniently get the coconut fat down in the morning and I swear, my supps go down easier with it. I think the trick is to drink it with food for the slow delivery. I need a little something to figure out transition through this only burning fat and needing more calories. I didn't realize how much I need to eat. The oysters every other day are about all I can handle because I have the fowl is fowl chicken of the sea ones.

9. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I think I found a seafood market that would be good nearby. Hopefully.

I went to breakfast with a friend and had a spinach scramble. I had a coffee also. We left and did a brisk walk around a park (about a mile) and my glucose was 92 at the one hour point. I can live with that. I just need to make a point of getting enough calories in or >cough, cough< protein snacking. I 'm sure I should eat again in just a few hours. I spoke far too quickly about the potassium. I feel like my throat is hot and dry. I'm doing the extra salt water as an experiment. I'm so good about using the sea salt, I don't commit well to it. I'd like to get my blood pressure into the normal range.

If I fit in the statistics for non-Asians, I should have pretty clear blood vessels by now.( I still haven't gone for my labs, though I have a slip. I needed to get into a tiff with my kid in between and recover.) That might be the bigger issue. I should work on that. The low blood sugar makes me want to get up and move, along with the low blood pressure. I have a bulging leg vein. Its gotta be motion and electrolytes. I have to function keto because there is no alternative given my situation. I can't believe its so hard to consume enough fat. I would love to be able to eat onions and get that scfa going. I'm sure radishes do it also. Its been too hot to get any going around here.

Next month is the winter crops and it should be good.

10. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I just realized I quit pycnogenol. HMMMH... maybe it was a bad idea, but if it damages blood vessels, idk.

11. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I'm trying to figure some things out. I drank a half cup, let's be real, a coffee maker cup full of coffee with my thyroid supps and betaine. I decided again to quit the vitamin d just for a couple of days. I did a whole bunch of stuff simultaneously. I know the dull wittedness is not enough fat. I had spoons of sunflower butter with the coffee (which is another reason I like coffee, it pushes the sludge down) and I feel much, much better. Still hungover from the paleo feed, kind of. I think I'm going to try to increase my hydration in a non edemic kind of way to up my blood pressure. Back when I was young and healthier, I had to drink a big gulp of iced tea to be able to get blood drawn. I was reading again about the sea salt water and I guess it causes the water to turn over more quickly in the cells. That seems like a really good thing, seein' how I poisoned myself with Paleo SAD crap. I still can't find my quercetin. Maybe in a weak moment I decided I loved my son and gave it to him. I told him to quit taking the ibuprofen. I think I did give it to him. Obviously, I need more iodine. My daughter told me her eyes are getting even better, not acting up at all. I don't know if she was talking about the astigmatism or the difficulty holding long focus reading. She wants to take an upper division class because she thinks her brain is getting restless. Not manic, just wanting. She up and got a job today that will pay her rent. I hope she packed her lunch. She got cheesed off when I reminded her. She's an adult.... her job is at Coney Island and the pay seems like they probably will have food. Its so strange that she's restarted her life after all of the counseling telling her that she had to adjust to the new her and stop mourning her loss. Its kind of like she and I have gotten out of jail. It will be such a victory if she finds a class and her health holds her through. The torment is whether to take an online and not collaborate, but be able to take quickie jobs or.... be broke and go to a bricks and mortar. I have no doubt in her ability when her brain is nourished.

She had a side of raw cabbage at a Chinese restaurant and got toxic noodle. I warned her days ago that whatever she did, no raw cabbage family stuff. She's paying attention now.

I sure hope we get this fish stuff under control. I think the coffee has to be kept to a minimum. Its absolute poison to me beyond the kitchen sized cup and an empty stomach makes my heart pound, which isn't the benign tad of caffeine, its the potassium dumping factor. My kid can't touch it. I've been taking glycine as a glycation repair and life extension just posted about d-ribo something. I think its glycine. I might be over doing it, given the betaine I'm taking.

12. chocolate

chocolate Silver

After thinking about things a lot and upping my b-5 and pregnenalone, I'm doing better sleep wise. Other people don't have that effect, I think. I added back avocadoes. The fat is going on and the fish oil with cooked fish. I keep eating the spirulina tablets. It helps, I think.

There was an article on a facebook feed that got me back on the vitamin D along with Souldanzer's study.

I figure I need all of the stuff. My kid, too. You just dump and dump and dump trying to stay in balance. UGH. I have strengthened my resolve to drink the sea salt water to hasten the exchange. I think it can only get better and more accurate that way and I've been a lttle lazy on the msm/ wrinkle med.

I also take two 650 betaines in the middle of a meal now and WOW! Every little thing helps. The stomach is the battery for the bod.

13. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

That is a helpful 101...thanks for that.

14. chocolate

chocolate Silver

http://www.gaiaresearch.co.za/kelp.html

(not that I'm advocating vegetarianism.)

This is my new favorite seaweed site. I love what sodium alginate does! LOVE, LOVE LOVE!

I got a nice little note from someone asking if I had seen ms remission studies and I had. I even think I may have posted one because MS is so near and dear to my heart. I can't find half of what I or anyone else posts. I plan to start digging and rereading so some of this puzzle refits in my head and simultaneously tagging anything beefy. Its tough when you are looking for a post and you maybe only know one key word and the poster. A couple of hundred postings might pop up. I hope others might consider this also. We really need to help each other and I love how great this forum is.

15. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I made a roast yesterday and soaked a sheet of kombu. It was a little tough (the kombu) so I laid it on top of the roast. I was afraid it would transfer the taste and ruin the meat. It didn't. It was so easy to eat. I didn't eat enough fat yesterday and woke up needing some. I couldn't sleep. I've been eating huge blobs of sunflower butter and I left my jar in a fridge where I'm taking a class. I guess that's something that needs bought like oysters.

I guess its time to stop chincing on the coQ10. The supplement list isn't shrinking but the effects are getting felt, finally.

We're doing:

cold pressed fish oil (should be krill)

Betaine with us all the time and every meal

potassium with us all the time and take at the slightest sign of any gut pressure

selenium

msm

magnesium

carnitine EDIT: also ubiquinol and k2

glycine

iodine

pregnenalone

pentathenoic acic

p5p

vitamin d

I don't see any of these going away.

In the age of the Presidential elections, I thought I would share a personal observation.

The class I'm taking requires testing into, not that rough ...90 th percentile. Anyway, the entrance test is trained seal stuff. The first test in the class was application of knowledge through critical thinking. Half of the class failed. Only one Obama supporter passed. He was was stressed and ready to vomit from thinking. The people that failed all were screaming the test wasn't fair. It was the first time I had ever seen such a stark representation of our differences.

It made me feel very hopeless.

i guess I need more fish.

16. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Count me in on the people with improved vision. My vision took a nosedive a few years ago during a long term misdiagnosed tooth problem. It seemed to return to 1.00 after the tooth was fixed and then went bad again. 2.00. Anyway, lately I've been very impatient with reading but my light sensitivity has gone completely away and I drive with out sunglasses. That was unthinkable for years. I went to Target and left my readers in my gym bag. I went to the reading glasses to "test drive" a pair while I was in the store. I used the chart and I'm back down to 1.00. Maybe lower, actually. I bought them and am using them right now. I'm kind of excited. I've been shoving my glasses up and down my nose and beating myself up for my antsieness. I wish I would have realized sooner. Maybe I'm not getting senile, maybe the toys are getting shuffled in the attic. I have to warn my kid.

Then there's always the looking for the phosphate supp. Its KRILL OIL! How did I forget that? I guess I gave it to my husband and bought the phosphidityl whatever it is and its soy based, sooooo. Of course we are phosphate deficient. How could we not be?

17. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

What does being an Obama supporter have to do with whether they passed the test or not? I'm just wonderin'.

18. LinD

LinD New Member

Critical thinking skills?

19. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Why thank you so much. But mine are just fine.

20. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I was just wondering that myself. It was the only common denominator I could come up with. It's how the room was divided before the test discussing the debates. But I didn't understand how everyone thought Michele Obama was speaking about their childhood and how their parents worked very hard for their children to have it better. I kind of remember my conservative democrat parents working their butts off, also.

The test required multi-step thinking. Its the sort of thing that comes from being challenged and rising to the challenges as quickly as possible. I think they thought they were smart and their scores told that they weren't thinkers yet. Funny thing was, they were required remediation and complained and the rest of us wanted our skills improved and took the assignments the next day. Kind of a different ethic, I guess.

Now, on to my confusion. Rather than try to start a new thread, I was reading about the NAC improving mucosa and the combo with iodine made it lethal to pathogens. The fact that it thins the mucous seems pretty good. But then the fact that it increases insulin resistance seems not so good. However, that just might be the no carb ticket for me. I was wondering if anyone had played seriously with it. Supposedly, it works better than the diflucan for candida when hopped up on iodine. It grabs any free tyrosine finger. (tyrosine doesn't seem right, but its what I read) The overload of tyrosine is supposed to cause lots of moles. We have the Marilyn Monroe beauty marks in my family. I notice the better I feel the more they fade. I don't know about the adhd that we seem to have though. blah, blah, blah and away.... I would sure rather use the NAC and iodine/ide than ever go back to nose spray. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.