1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

So how do you know your gut is healthy?

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by KiwiLauren, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Coriander

Coriander Silver

I think Jack meant to say 'every' turd. That would make more sense. And so, you're right; if you gut is easily thrown off course, then there's more work to be done.

2. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

With the emphasis on "every" and eating lots of foods and able to tolerate supplements...then yes I can see this as the critical signpost. On my limited foods I am mostly bs#4, but if I change anything it's a different story. I'm thinking more time needed to reverse decades of leakiness....and trying to add the epcottx when I can.

Kiwi...I was thinking about the runny nose thing too...I wonder if it's a sign of systemic mucosal inflammation and autoimmune overactivity. For me it can be triggered by food or bug bite reactions or heat etc...but it also waxes and wanes in intensity. As general inflammation goes down, and I'm really banking on adding hormone/thryroid/adrenal support to help with this, I'm going to assume that this particular symptom will start to clear away. Being 100% with food is really important and I'm not going to over challenge myself in that department too soon.

Since the light is going things are getting worse....CT is brutal...my energy is flagging and I can feel this drain on my system. And my nose is running like a faucet without changing food. Hoping to get the rx for hormones really soon.

3. kjgraffin@yahoo.com

kjgraffin@yahoo.com New Member

Another question I have is how many times a day you "should" be having a bowel movement. Some say 2x/day is best others say once a day. Does it really matter?

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

depends what your are eating and how healthy your gut is.

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Wouldn't your gut instinct tell you if your gut is healthy? Ie following your intuition on the right choices given a certain situation (MHS, kelp tea, high meat etc?)

I know my gut health is optimal but its better today than it was several yrs ago

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Lauren. I think in order to fix the adrenals you have to fix the brain and the gut together. all illness starts as miss-signaling in the brain. Go back to BG12 it's all in there couple that w/the EPCOTx and you're on your way.

Make sense?

7. Destiny

Destiny New Member

My DH has been using the Primal Defence for almost 15 yrs. It stopped his Crohn's progression.

http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Defense-Ultimate-Probiotics/dp/B000GWG8FS

Garden of Life Probiotics Formula is a whole food dietary supplement. Delivers 15 Billion probiotic cells daily; broad spectrum protection with HSOs; and rapid release and delivery. UltraZorbe 100-percent vegetarian capsules. Contains no artificial colors or preservatives.Probiotics (Pro = positive, biotic = life) are living microflora that play a critical role in maintaining good health. Present in many live foods but destroyed by heat processing, live probiotic cultures populate the intestinal tract where they play a positive role in digestive and immune health. Broad spectrum protection: Primal Defense ultra is the ultimate high potency, broad spectrum probiotic formula, made with 15 billion live cells per day and 13 species of beneficial cultures including soil-based probiotics called Homeostatic Soil Organisms (HSOs).HSOs play a positive role in digestive health by supporting a healthy lactic acid bacteria count and healthy pH levels in the gut. The key probiotics in Primal Defense Ultra can thrive in the toughest digestive environments and are undeterred by stomach and bile acids.
    Probiotic Saccharomyces Boulardii nourishes and supports healthy intestinal epithelium lining integrity, the front line for the body's defense system, and promotes healthy intestinal comfort and function. A unique blend of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium probiotics promotes regular bowel function and supports immune health.

8. kjgraffin@yahoo.com

kjgraffin@yahoo.com New Member

As an indication of a healthy gut?

I'm glad that this thread was started because I really think I've made some real improvements. I was wondering if there were some everyday signs that I could look for that indicated I was improving, other than labs.

9. jib

jib New Member

[Q[pre]<pre class="HTML">UOTE=Destiny;56539]My DH has been using the Primal Defence for almost 15 yrs. It stopped his Crohn's progression.

http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Defense-Ultimate-Probiotics/dp/B000GWG8FS

Garden of Life Probiotics Formula is a whole food dietary supplement. Delivers 15 Billion probiotic cells daily; broad spectrum protection with HSOs; and rapid release and delivery. UltraZorbe 100-percent vegetarian capsules. Contains no artificial colors or preservatives.<p>Probiotics (Pro = positive, biotic = life) are living microflora that play a critical role in maintaining good health. Present in many live foods but destroyed by heat processing, live probiotic cultures populate the intestinal tract where they play a positive role in digestive and immune health. Broad spectrum protection: Primal Defense ultra is the ultimate high potency, broad spectrum probiotic formula, made with 15 billion live cells per day and 13 species of beneficial cultures including soil-based probiotics called Homeostatic Soil Organisms (HSOs).<p>HSOs play a positive role in digestive health by supporting a healthy lactic acid bacteria count and healthy pH levels in the gut. The key probiotics in Primal Defense Ultra can thrive in the toughest digestive environments and are undeterred by stomach and bile acids. Probiotic Saccharomyces Boulardii nourishes and supports healthy intestinal epithelium lining integrity, the front line for the body's defense system, and promotes healthy intestinal comfort and function. A unique blend of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium probiotics promotes regular bowel function and supports immune health.[/QUOTE]</pre>[/pre]

Thank you Destiny, I think I'm going to try something like this also. I know my MMV, but ATM I'm not ready for MHS and high meat...

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The best way to assess gut is the use of the sugar test: Mannitol or lactulose.......they are so large they should never be absorbed......and if they are they wind up in your urine.......if they are in your urine you can bet your ass you have a bad gut. Then the next step is to see if the gut issue has gotten to the brain......ie think back what I taught you in the brain gut series. These two systems are connected via the vagus nerve and the fourth ventricle. If the BBB is leaky you can use a GABA challenge..........GABA is not usually permeable to the brain. In fact, the brain makes all its own GABA. In the the brain GABA is very calming.......if you take 1000 mgs of GABA and it wires you..........you also have a permeable BBB. Not good. This means you have high levels of NF kappa beta and IL-6 in your head.......if you have Hashi's the story is even worse.

Alison N and Hunger4More like this.
  11. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Fascinating! Sugar free chocolates as a gut test!
    About the BBB test, is that why some drugs (Ritalin) act differently in people without ADHD?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yes.........

13. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

How do we assess the urine? Urine test .... if so, which one?

Or will observation work? (i.e. a visible change in urine)

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you just look to see if either sugar you drank shows up in your urine......it it is there your gut is a sieve. Simple

15. Eve

Eve New Member

Interesting....So, does it follow that if your BBB was not permeable, then exogenous GABA would have no effect? Or it would have a soporific and calming effect?

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

it can no affect or calm you......if it wires you........you got issues

17. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

Any relationship between Bristol stool chart and leaky gut?

If a person normally has #4 stools, does that indicate a healthy gut?

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yep.......its called dehydration........the more water you dont have the closer you are a bristol one.......no magnesium and bad calcium in your enteric gut neurons and brain neurons.......all tied to your field............it is a defect in calmodulin from the field........you'll see...........its time to step up the QED game soon

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

a 4 is good...........means what you are doing is offsetting your field.

rlee314 likes this.
  20. Hemming

Hemming New Member

What if you have 1 and 4 on separate days (and for the majority of the time NOT 2 and 3)?