1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

So happy to be here from the Adirondacks NYS

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Cathy Hohmeyer, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Cathy Hohmeyer

Cathy Hohmeyer New Member

I was waiting to write JUST the right thing which will never happen lol - so thrilled to be here. As a chef/educator and conscious resort owner (and energsit, OTR.. blah blah..) I just KNEW there was more to the food, light etc etc!!! Now i get the pieces I certainly couldnt explain by myself. 30 years ago I gave up a high paying job to come back to the "Healing Woods" to keep a family built inn (1886) going as a (healthy, conscious small resort) Super happy to "catch up" on details and become a Black swan mitochondriac best I can.

becca and Kana like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome

3. Cathy Hohmeyer

I have been a WAPF chapter leader for tons of years and of course am listening to your Nourish Vt videos - yay - I had even developed an (intuitive) program of my own knowing its not all about the food. Sally Fallon was at my place just after your 2016 talk and we had a whole weekend of fun and cooking real foods. I do my best to incorporate cooking good fresh local foods in my classes - thank you for your work Dr K - simple yet complicated to "get " the word out and i am constantly learning and pondering... I look forward to joining as a member

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Nice to have you aboard. Where Sally stops we begin.

Sergio Valadez likes this.
  5. Sergio Valadez

Sergio Valadez New Member

Welcome Cathy. Like you, my health journey started with Sally Fallon and the WAPF back in 2013. I am still very grateful to Sally as she was the first to spark my interest in health.

Cathy Hohmeyer likes this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Cathy ...and welcome!

Would love to see pics of your Inn........ and hear more of the stuff you are doing there.

Please start a journal in the optimal journal section so we can all follow along......

Sergio Valadez and drezy like this.
  7. Cathy Hohmeyer

....Just got pushed over the edge - a customer just came and had to leave his 3rd child behind because he was diagnosed with anxiety. SO many GOOD kids have depression, anxiety etc - including mine. While this might be a little premature in my technical black swan learning, I am committed to learning and running a program here in nature to help with that - any suggestions appreciated. We are offering more wellness programs here in 2019 - nature walks, local foods cooking via traditional food methods - swimming in the mountain lake. We do not have wifi in our beautiful year round cabins. Our beach is ideal for sungazing. I dont know if i can place the website here but you can google Lake Clear Lodge, we are close to Lake PLacid - actually anyone wanting to watch the sunset - its better than not seeing any (smile) (and we are said to have an energetic portal there) - can watch our LIVE webcam off our home page - scroll down when you get there... I do online programs as well.

Phosphene and caroline like this.
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

thanks ...I will have a look

9. Welcome!! I’m excited to popped on today (been a while) and behold I find you an fellow up State New Yorker. I live up in canton/Potsdam for a number years before landing here in Fingerlakes region of NY.

10. Cathy Hohmeyer

Hello! I went to Potsdam State eons ago and my daughter graduated from Ithaca a couple years ago . I have a Nutritional ENergetics Pantry FB page , would love to connect

11. Welcome Cathy,

Quite amazingly I came across Lake Clear Lodge’s website in November last year before you opened for the winter season. Since your inn was closed, I ended up staying at the Crown Plaza in Lake Placid. I had the intention of trying to stay at your inn again. Now I have even more reasons to plan another trip to the Adirondacks. Hoping it’s going to be soon.

12. Cathy Hohmeyer

Oh sorry we missed you! Even tho we are getting a foot of snow right now, spring and summer will be upon us soon. we have a live webcam on the main page to see our sunsets over the mt