1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Small volume, zero carb, 70g protein, rest fat

Discussion in 'Epi-Paleo Recipes' started by seanb4, Mar 2, 2014.

1. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Are you able to raise the head of your bed at all, this is apparently very helpful for reflux problems and allowing the whole body to stretch a bit.

Have you tried belly pork? You can buy it in strips and just put it in the oven till it's crispy, lowish heat and then leave it until you re ready to eat. It's very fatty ;) to jazz it up put sliced onion under the strips, sprinkle with herbs and black pepper and eat with cabbage which will help soak up the fat.

2. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I usually end up having to sit bolt upright but then stack my pillows and slowly lay down as it gets less bad.

I have and it's pretty tasty. I also remember it being expensive but so is the fish I'm buying so yeah I'll have to buy some of that in again. Cabbage is a decent idea as well.

3. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

I wonder if you might try sitting in a meditation stool for a while rather than sitting upright in bed or a chair. That opens the angle at the hip and allows more room for your internal organs. They're cheap enough -- just google "meditation stool", if you're interested.

With one of these, you're as it were kneeling, but the "sitting-bones" are resting on the seat of the stool; and your back can be nice and straight without effort, because when the angle at the hip is greater than 90 degrees the forces on both sides of the spine are more balanced. Put a pad under it, if the floor is hard on your knees.

Interestingly, I recently learnt that medieval choir pews sometimes had flip-up seats. When the seat was down, you could sit in the 90 degree angle; flipped up, there was a little ledge on top where you could perch, so that the angle at the hip could be about 135 degrees. That was probably for when the person was actually singing -- you apparently can't even inflate your lungs fully, hence can't sing properly, when sitting in the 90 degree angle.

4. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I've tried that position before but it KILLS my knees, even with my own makeshift chair. Might have to try again with a proper chair though. Thanks Gagnrad.

5. Penny

Penny New Member

Spend $99.0 and get an American Gut project DNA of your gut flora... it will tell you what microbes you have... including any urease producers which kill stomach acid such as h pylori... if you don't have $99.00, then try taking a couple of mastic gum pills before you eat which will prevent the little darlings from neutralising your stomach acid... if that helps, chances are good you have h pylori or some other urease producer... acid reflux is the hallmark of this particular stomach pathogen...

To digest fat, you need bile - so eat something bitter before you eat - if desperately poor, even ear wax will work... the bitterness (dandelion greens are also bitter as are Angostura bitters) will stimulate bile production which is necessary to digest fat - so get a bottle of ox bile extract:
    http://www.amazon.com/Nutricology-Bile-500-Vegetarian-Capsules/dp/B0002JIUDS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406331143&sr=8-1&keywords=ox bile

and it will augment your own and help you digest fat - ox bile is all the rage with the gall bladder surgery community... bitters before you eat, digestive enzymes and ox bile pretty much cover it, IMHO...

You can also eat cabbage, oregano, thyme, turmeric, ginger, raw honey (bad for keto so maybe skip that one) bay leaves, garlic, sunflower seeds, shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds and cilantro - trust me, bugs will die... if all else fails, stick the fat in your coffee: coconut oil, butter, seeds, turmeric, ginger, black pepper to make the turmeric more bio-active, d-ribose, pumpkin/sunflower seeds and any nuts you want and chocolate powder (resveretrol), avocado, aloe vera - blast it in a blender with ice and any raw green veggies like kale/parsely etc to feed the distal flora and trust me, you won't be hungry for hours... plus the greens are very refreshing and have liquid... the ginger will help cut the fat and with digestion - fresh is always best... it's Morrocan coffee BTW:) Also, maybe get some ground beef and pork, mix in all the savory stuff, bake/saute it and have the coffee with it... if the coffee spikes insulin, just do it with chocolate...

Careful to not mix your acids and bases...:)

Alex97232 and seanb4 like this.
  6. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Thanks for all the information Penny. Unfortunately for me, I have tried all these suggestions at one point or another and none have made any difference.
    At one point I was convinced I had H Pylori/Low stomach acid, so I tried every trick in the book.

I need to get a DNA project of the gut flora. I have saved up so money from work as a back up if I can't convince the NHS to do it for me. I should have it done either way in the next few months. Hopefully this will shine a light on some things...

7. Alex97232

Alex97232 Gold

Hi Sean
    Sounds as though you've really been through it--courage.
    2 thoughts:
    1) Have you been tested for SIBO?
    2) How is your invisible environment (PARTICULARLY WHERE YOU SLEEP) with respect to EMF's? Have you done any measurements to test for a) Electro Magnetic fields; b) Low level radiation from WIFI, Cell Phone, Smart Meter; or, c) Body Voltage?

seanb4 likes this.
  8. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Hi Alex,
    Not been tested for SIBO however have tried various SIBO diets and supplements with no effect. If I get the DNA gut flora test then hopefully that would say if it is SIBO.
    I don't think it is though to be honest as my symptoms don't fit. For example today, I had 3 cans of mackerel at 8am then was slowly sipping my cold spring water afterwards. At 2pm I drank too much at once for me (still a real small amount) and my stomach shut down, felt real sick and heavy and I had to try and sleep it off, didn't go away for 3hrs. I have to assume only water was in my stomach at this time so it's like if too much is in it causes my symptoms to flair up like gasteroparesis. I have had a stomach emptying test and it came back normal however. Makes me think it is a mechanical problem, every time there is distention from food or water in my stomach/small intestines my body reads it as an emergency.

As for the EMF. In my room I am very good, magnetico to sleep on, grounded computer, sit 70 cms away, wired everything apart from internet, phone on airplane mode, etc.
    Outside my house there is a tram system and about half a mile away there are big power lines.
    As for measuring I have a voltmeter but nothing to detect EMF's. No smart meter.

9. Alex97232

Alex97232 Gold

Hi Sean,
    Sounds as though you have been very dilligent about doing the things that are proven to help us get better. What are the measurements you have taken to show how effective your measurements have been?

IMHO, There are at least 3 different types of EMF's that could be fuxxing up your gut system causing it to malfunction mechanically--unable to handle the load you are putting on it.
    1) Magnetic fields coming from improper wiring in your home, or even from close proximity to a power station. A Trifield meter (available from lessemf.com) can measure the milligaus (mG) in your home--could be high because of your proximity to the power station.
    2) Radio Frequency fields from lots of things, including: WIFI, cell phones, cell towers, plasma tv's, anything wireless, et al. You can use an HF35 c meter to test the levels where you live. Your neighbors could be passing on their wireless signals to you.
    You can alsochose hardwire cable, no WIFI. That should help to bring down the stress on your body's electrical-mechanical system system.
    3) Body voltage you may be picking up from anything electrical around you--less emf or Michael Neuert could be good resources to help you understand what your body voltage meter is telling you.

MHO: The power station and tram.

seanb4 likes this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Sean .... I am so glad to see you back and posting......
    Are you feeling any better at all?
    How are you finding your magnetico? Has it helped?

seanb4 likes this.
  11. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Thanks again. Yeah I'm fairly sure the power lines and tram system are negatively impacting me but I don't think they are entirely responsible, I have lived in 2 other places away from these things since being ill without a noticeable difference.
    I will remember this post if I get the money for the Trifield/HF35c.
    As for the body voltage I have a voltmeter that measures this, I think it was above 3V until I made the adjustments to my room then it dropped to <0.5V.

@caroline
    Hi! Yea although I've not noticed any difference going from 10 to 20 guass.
    My energy has been mostly better (although still crap). I have been getting in lots of water (4+ Litres per day). I have also been eating a lot of salami however I am going to stop as the salt content is extremely high when I do this and is counterproductive to hydration.

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Sean .... you aren't drinking too much water are you?

Are you eating canned salmon?

13. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

No I'm eating canned mackerel.
    Before I was eating 2 cans of mackerel then 450g of salami. I have stopped this now due to salt.
    I'm currently eating lots of canned mackerel and other meats + lard. Wondering about the can metal toxins though.

About the too much water. If you think this is what is causing my stomach to shut up and feel sick then I don't think so. I think it is the speed I drink it as well as other seemingly random factors. If I'm good, I can get upwards of 4L (2 quarts?) per day. However yesterday and the day before my stomach shut up at under 2L. The only noticable reason was I was drinking slightly faster than usual, this probably lead to a higher build up than usual and at a certain point my stomach shuts off.

I was reading on a forum about some guy who had similar problems drinking water and someone mentioned it could be a psychosomatic response. I think this could be similar for me. My stomach learned to protect itself, when I had the stomach ulcer, by shutting off my stomach, making me feel nauseous, etc. It then adapted to this so that even when my ulcer went away it still automatically does it.
    The guy on the forum says he has it were he got food poisoning from a certain type of fish and now he cant eat it without being sick due to his bodies reaction.
    I think Gagnrand mentioned something about biofeedback. Could be worth looking into in the future.

14. Penny

Penny New Member

I don't get why you're eating such massive quantities of food - 2 cans of mackeral and a pound of salami? I mean, I'm no rocket scientist, but even I would have had trouble digesting that - and trust me, that's sayin' something... :)

I drink 16-32 ounces of water before breakfast and the same before bed - a few sips before meals so I don't choke on the food - weird but that's me - and then let it digest - if I have troubles I take either an enzyme or a probiotic - I think there are enough glutamates in salami to start 15 consecutive migraines... maybe add some raw greens/spices to feed the gut flora? Especially something bitter...

As far as nausea goes and a psychosomatic reaction - I can buy into that... my dad made me a homemade pina colada once while the band "Heart" was playing and it made me want to throw up... I literally felt nauseous every time I would hear that band for years...

Or you could do what my grandmother who lived to be 97 did every morning to help her digestion - she would drink warm water with some lemon in it - I've also heard people do apple cider vinegar - throw some acid down the hatch and maybe whatever is down there won't see it coming... ?

If you are nauseous, eat small quantities of food, lots of ginger or chamomile tea until you can handle it - you don't look to me like you have a leptin sensitivity problem...

I can drink more ice cold water than regular water...

Another resource, as odd a site as it is is "The Woo"... she eats keto, and has some really good examples of what that actually means... like a couple pieces of smoked salmon with some cream cheese - she is not going out of her way to eat volumes of fat/protein...

http://itsthewooo.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/myth-meat-is-not-very-ketogenic-plants.html

Of course , your CF presents its own challenges, but that Jeremy guy did it and I have no doubt you can too - hang in there...

Alex97232 likes this.
  15. Alex97232

Alex97232 Gold

16. Alex97232

Alex97232 Gold

Penny, You're on a roll. Thanks for the yuks and the good ideas.

17. Penny

Penny New Member

You know - and I can't believe it took me this long to think of it - if you eat a lot of protein, it creates a lot of ammonia for your body to get rid of - that could be why you feel so ill... you could do the ol' molybdenum/B12/manganes/boron/yucca/phospatidyl serine/beets and methylated B vitamin complex like Thorne #12 and see if it helps? Some people have enzyme issues - they are either blocked from genetics or blocked from aluminum etc... you also might want to try magnesium malate and some kind of horsetail/silica - propolis helps with aluminum toxicity and is actually amazing on so many levels:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19425234
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19425229

This guy had some of the same issues digesting protein and he solved it with a mild keto diet - interesting:
    http://defyingagewithfood.com/12-9-body-fat-mild-ketosis-meat-protein-june-6-2014/
    http://defyingagewithfood.com/ketos...otein-clarity-or-protein-coma-day-152-112413/
    And this is really good - about the ammonia/urease producing bugs and resultant nausea - we are certainly experts here on ammonia producing bugs leading to nausea:
    http://caloriesproper.com/?p=3882

From what I can tell, the clostridia family puts out 20 times more ammonia than any good flora would - add a couple of urease producers and you have even more...
    And you might have some kind of desulfobrio bacteria which eats any sulphur you eat thus depriving you of sulfate...

My kid soaks in Epsom salts for nausea - it's the only thing that has helped him - another tid bit - hormones are processed in the liver by "glucoronidation" - this is a phase 2 liver detoxification pathway where the body slaps a glucose onto the toxin/hormone to get rid of it - clostridia will actually cleave the glucose using glucoronidase enzymes... so taking calcium d-glucarate will help this...

So, soak in Epsom salts, take calcium d-glucarate, a b complex with some trace minerals and maybe some yucca when you eat protein and eat beets/dandelion greens/liver to support methylation - liver would be so much better for you than salami IMHO and it is cheap - chicken liver with eggs is divine - add a little bit of bacon - yum!

Green smoothies would also maybe help you as well as being hydrating - good gut flora loves greens:
    www.unblindmymind.org

Alex97232 likes this.
  18. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I don't get why you think that is such a large quantity of food. Maybe in America the can portions are bigger? A can is 88g here and about 200kcals, I did have 2 of these for breakfast and then 3 x 150g Salami for tea. This totalled 2000kcals, and ~150g Protein. The weight was 600g total and the volume pretty small.

Anyway it is not a protein issue. I have tried all differen't combinations of food, even a dreaded all fruit diet and it doesn't seem to make a difference. My stomach reacts to everything.

Another example is just the other day I had only 2 cans of mackerel (170g) the entire day and my stomach still shut off.

Thanks for the info on the glutamates but I have dropped the salami now anyway. Also tried apple cider vinegar/lemon, methycoloblamin B12 and anything else I could read about that would help acid production. The wierd thing is, when I was taking Betaine HCL (increases acidity) you are meant to stop when you feel burning, the higher you go the less stomach acid you have, I went ridiculously high and never felt burning...

I tried lots of raw ginger before, all my water is ice cold.

I'm not sure ammonia is the problem. I drank just water for 30days last year and had the same problems throughout. The ammonia levels would have surely died down in this time.

Thanks for the links, I will read them soon.

Alex97232 likes this.
  19. Alex97232

Alex97232 Gold

EMF?

20. Penny

Penny New Member

Try soaking in Epsom salt foot soak in hot water - if it helps => you R toxic and that will give us more info... still think you're guessing unless you see what your gut flora is...

You also might want to try feeding the distal flora a variety of plant based green foods like they talk about in www.unblingmymind.org -

Did you try the mastic gum?

As far as betaine HCL goes, if you have a urease producing bug, they use stomach acid as a substrate... this is why Yasko doesn't go for betaine HCL - Klinghardt doesn't go for it either as the stomach will produce 6 oz of stomach acid on its own and betaine HCL is a drop in the bucket... he recommends bitters for that reason -

The mastic gum will inhibit the urease and your stomach will then have acid again, thus doing its job of keeping out a whole host of pathogens...

that is what it sounds like to me - you could get a urease test if they pay for it, but I would still go to American Gut...

Alex97232 likes this.