1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Slone

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Slone07, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Slone07

Slone07 New Member

Figured I should write this down for future reference...

I am supplementing with:

Rainbow Light One-a-Day Women's Multi
    Vitamin A (as Beta-Carotene, Palmitate) 5,000 IU

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 120 mg

Vitamin D3 (as D3 Cholecalciferol) 800 IU

Vitamin E (d-alpha Tocopheryl Succinate) 30 IU

Vitamin K (as Phytonadione) 100 mcg

Vitamin B-1 (as Thiamin Mononitrate) 25 mg

Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 25 mg

Niacin (as Niacinamide) 25 mg

Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCl) 25 mg

Folic Acid 800 mcg

Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 25 mcg

Biotin 150 mcg

Vitamin B-5 (as Calcium Pantothenate) 25 mg

Calcium (as Carbonate, Citrate-Malate) 200 mg

Iron (as Amino Acid Chelate) 6 mg

Magnesium (as Oxide) 100 mg

Zinc (as Citrate) 10 mg

Selenium (as Selenomethionine, Amino Acid Chelate) 200 mcg

Copper (as Amino Acid Chelate) 1 mg

Manganese (as Citrate) 2 mg

Chromium (as Amino Nicotinate) 200 mcg

Molybdenum (as Amino Acid Chelate) 75 mcg

Choline (as Bitartrate) 20 mg

Inositol 20 mg

Boron (as Glycinate) 1 mg

Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex 25 mg

Women's Nourishing Blend 125 mg ​

(equivalent to 300 mg food and herbal powder) Dong Quai [root] 4:1 Extract, Organic Spirulina, Red Clover [blossoms] 2:1 Extract ​

4:1 Vegetable Juice Complex 10 mg​

(equivalent to 40 mg vegetable powder) Kale, Spinach, Dandelion Greens, Beet ​

Complete Digestive Support 34 mg​

Protease (664 HUT), Amylase (226 DU), Lipase (2 LU), Cellulase (3 CU) ​

Lactobacillus Sporogenes 25,000,000 CFU

Betaine HCl 10 mg

Rainbow Light Complete B-Complex
    Vitamin A

Percent of vitamin A present as beta-carotene

Vitamin C

Calcium

Iron

Biotin 300mcg

Folic Acid 800mcg

Inositol 50mg

L-Glutamine 150mg

L-Methionine 50mg

Bee Pollen 225mg

L-Cysteine 50mg

PABA 30mg

Manganese (Amino Acid Chelate) 3mg

Zinc (Amino Acid Chelate) 5mg

Barley Grass 15mg

Spirulina 100mg

Choline (Bitartrate) 150mg

Potassium (Citrate) 25mg

L-Theanine 50mg

Calcium (Citrate) less than 50mg

Lemon Bioflavanoid 75mg

Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12) 250mcg

Vitamin C (Magnesium Ascorbate) 500mg

magnesium (Ascorbate) 60mg

Thiamin (Vitamin B-1) 60mg

Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 70mg

Pyridoxine (Vitamin B-6) 80mg

Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5) 120mg

Herbal Vitality Blend 4:1 Extracts 162mg​

(equivalent to 648 mg of herbal powder) Gotu Kola [herb], American Ginseng [root], California Poppy [herb], Gentian [root], Ashwagandha [root], Orange [fruit] Essential Oil

Now D3 20,000 IU

Now Vitamin C 5 grams

Now MSM
    5 grams

Now Biotin
    5,000 mcg

Now Melatonin
    5 mg

Now GABA
    500 mg

I also had a great Mag/Cal supplement that I could feel working. Unfortunately, when I reordered it, I ordered the wrong one and it isn't anywhere near as good, so that's on the list to come. It was 1000 IU of vitamin D3, 400 mg of calcium (from a bunch of different kinds), 800 mg of magnesium (also from a bunch of different kinds), and 15 mg of zinc.

I also supplement with virgin coconut oil. I used to do a shot glass of melted CO twice a day. Currently only one, as I'm trying to work back up to it. My "Coconut Shooters." lol

Looking back in history, this is actually one of my shorter lists of supplements. Eep!

2. Seems that you are doing good!! :)

Thank you so much for your kind words. Week-end went ok, but had some mini-binges here and there...Nuts, chocolate and coco manna should not get in my house... I know myself, if any of those are around, there's a moment where I'll give in...Just a bit, and another, and another one, and before I realize, a whole bunch is gone and I tell myself I should have even more...Since i'm going to cheat, better do it all the way!! But it wasn't that bad, and today I gor rid of everything susceptible to make me binge. After a few days of doing fine, I tell myself this time i can buy chocolate and will be able not to eat it in one seating...Note to myself: DON'T BUY IT!! Period! lol

I feel like I undo all the benefits I've gotten so far with LR and CT, but I have to go on, my body deserve the best. Sleep is really the problem though, and I find myself binging much more whrn sleep deprivated. I've had insomnia and sleep problems for a few years, it started when I was in school, dealing with lots of stress and bulimia. It's getting much better. I don't sleep much those days, but I can tell quality of sleep is better. I know I have some kind of adrenal fatigue... Can't work out much because it makes my sleep even worst. I used to be a cardio addict, so it's pretty hard doing nothing, but I know it's better for me right now... And of course I've tried it all: HTP, melatonia, magnesium, GABA, pills...Nothing works. Some of them I tried a while ago, so they might work better now since my level of cortisol seems to have lowered at night. I'm having an appointement with a new Dr next week. I've heard that he treats patients regarding to symptoms AND blood tests, not only blood tests. Here, seeing a Dr is free (paid by gvt), and most doctor are not very helpful and too fast on prescribing medications. I have to pay big bucks to see this one (private clinic), but can't wait to see how he works and how he can help me. I'll talk to him about HCG, but I expect him to desagree... Never hear of anyone hear doing that, and I can't order any from the US, it's declined at customs...

You might be right...I'll make sure to follow the reset, and when doing good with it, I'll add CT...Dr K said somewhere in the comments that there's a reason he didn't talk about CT before...We have to get our way to LS and then add the cold...You're wise ;)

It's pretty cool that you gor the kids on board! Where they already primal/paleo? It usualy has big impact on behavior and mood...Good for them....and for you!! ;)

Have a nice evening,

Katy

3. Slone07

Slone07 New Member

Thank you!!

I hope it goes well with your new doc. I feel for you. A lot of people order their hcg from alldaychemist.com, overseas. I'm not sure if your customs would allow that into Canada, either, though.

The boys have eaten like we have all along, so they're pretty used to the changes (which probably isn't good). They were also raised with the thought that if they didn't like what was at dinner, that was fine, but their next opportunity to eat would still be with the family. It's worked well for us and they're exceedingly adventurous when eating out because of it (mores than even I am, and I'm not a picky eater! lol).

Take care! Stay strong! :)

4. Slone07

Slone07 New Member

I've read about and understand the science behind the leptin reset. I see it working in my husband who has simply read Dr. Kruse's Leptin Reset Prescription and is unaware until I tell him that the changes he's noticing are exactly what should be happening. I get it. But today, I'm stuck in my head, thinking that I'm going to be the only one out there left behind again (there's some melodramatic thinking for ya). That this, for whatever reason, won't work for me.

I'm going to talk to DH about ordering labs today. I priced them out and after finding most of them (all of the real biggies, i think), it will be about $1300, but I found a place that will send them to one of the hospitals here in town, so I'm super excited about that. Usually, I have to drive an hour and a half...if I'm lucky. 3 hours one way is the usual. I'm stoked. And a little scared...and (oddly) slightly hopeful. See, I'm torn in my mind. Like I said before, I've been operating under the premise if being utterly broken. The labs may confirm that. But...what if my state of mind is what's keeping me sick? What if I'm not that broken at all. What if I just need a little tweaking...or even just to see this through for a few months? My labwork will tell me this and not knowing, after feeling a glimmer of hope from Dr. Kruse's blogs and the MDA monster thread, is going to kill me. I have to know. And I have to change my thinking. Like now.

I'm eager to do this and know where I stand. I have to believe that I'm fixable.

5. Slone07

Slone07 New Member

I think I'm thinner in the waist area and my skin is feeling much smoother and more moisturized.

And I hate to say it, but I totally forgot to take my thyroid meds the past couple of days...which I'm SURE is what this pessimistic streak so early on is. Those meds are the ONLY ones I EVER forget to take...and they're the most important. I take all of my supplements and coconut oil and eat right...but the thyroid meds...don't know what it is about them. I irritate myself with that. Anyway, moving on, I took them with breakfast and am already feeling the surge of T3 dragging me out of despair.

6. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Wow...thanks for sharing that! Up until VERY recently I was on the scale every morning & it affected how I would feel. I'd be frustrated & irritable if I didn't like what it said & I might even use it as a rationale for a binge. You're doing great & I'm enjoying what you're writing.

7. Slone07

Slone07 New Member

Took a shower and couldn't wait to get out. I was exhausted. Seriously! Like anxious in my gut exhausted. Who ever heard of exhausted gut syndrome? lol My tolerance for the heat of the water (it was more like luke warm to get the conditioner out of my hair) was nil. The A/C feels really good right now. This is very different from how I usually am...which is frigid and seeking out heat. I wonder if the exhausted part is normal? I don't think so...

I'm exhausted and hot (too bad there isn't a better reason for it. LOL!!!).

8. Slone07

Slone07 New Member

Aw, thank you! :)

9. Slone07

Slone07 New Member

My MCT oil came in the mail today!!!! Sheesh, it took a lot longer than I expected when I ordered it (Amazon Prime). I was down to about two ounces and would have been miserable if I'd run out. I ordered this about a year ago because I detest the taste of coconut oil...yes, even Nutiva's, of which I have a gallon of for smoothies, cooking, and Coconut Shooters. Obviously, I haven't been that great at taking it daily in the past. Anyway, not only do I eat the stuff, but it's phenomenal for topical application! I fill a dropper bottle with it and drop about three drops into my face cream morning and night (when I'm not using emu oil), as well as a few drops in my leave-in conditioner. It's a great body oil...albeit a little spendy.

I'm totally excited about my skin tonight...this morning I thought it was getting smoother, but really, the spots and ashiness that have been plaguing me despite my heavy use of my acids...it's all now gone. I have some uneven texture, but there's been a HUGE improvement. My skin is even a little tacky with moisture, but not oily, and it looks radiant even hours after my shower. I've only ever gotten this from Retin-A and even that didn't give me the look of good circulation (mine is traditionally very, very poor). Seriously stoked.

On another note, I was *seriously* lethargic and mopey today until just after dinner, at which point, my day did a 180 and I got a huge burst of energy. Is that my cortisol? I believe it is. After reading Shinjin's success story tonight and her "Ah hah moment" early today in the monster thread, I realize that I CAN beat this...I just need to get myself the tools. I'm ordering some adaptogenic herbs tonight. I just wonder if I should use an actual glandular on top of that...need to research before I do both.

Speaking of things I should do...I know I have at least some candida overgrowth, as when I'm eating sugar, I get all yeasty (lovely visual...especially, as I used to bake bread regularly lol). I have a bottle of Candida Clear by NOW and I wonder if I should start taking that or if I'm doing too many things at once.

I realized tonight that my dinners are too big. I need to seriously focus on making my breakfast whole food 50+grams of protein (no supplemented with protein shakes), and I need to get my lunch and dinner portions squared away (BF is biggest, D is smallest). It was funny...DH was talking to me about this and I'd planned the very same thing earlier. I love him. LOL

Okay...signing off for the night (I think). It's 8:44 and I need to wind down for bed. No melatonin or GABA tonight. I had CAH-RAYZEE dreams this morning. Mostly about SCUBA diving in a cartoon from my childhood (I think it was a British production, actually...I vaguely remember it) and seeing a cat walking around on the lagoon floor (I'm not even sure what a lagoon is exactly, but I saw one in my dream LOL). Nothing bad, just wild with seriously vivid colors. And I didn't sleep that great the rest of the night, either (could've been my breathing through the air piece - you're not supposed to hold your breath when underwater with pressurized air LOL).

10. jeepifer@gmail.com

jeepifer@gmail.com New Member

Which MCT oil did you get from Amazon? I love to order on Thursdays with my Prime because 90% of the time it arrives Friday for free. :)

11. No, you won't be left behind ;) Men see changes usualy most faster than we do...Hormonal thing.... Hang in there, you too will have positive changes, but it might take a few weeks...Remind yourself of your goals and how good you are going to feel soon.

It's a good thing to order labs and see what's going on...Those are really expensive, wow!! But you might save time knowing what's wrong, even if it's minor things.

Have a good day, and take your thyroid meds! loll

Katy

12. Slone07

Slone07 New Member

It's one week on the LR for me! I've done great!!! So, I think that weekly, I'll be reviewing the LS questions... Here's this week's.

How do I know when I am no longer leptin resistant?

Changes in appearance:

Your hair and nails will improve in color and presentation.
    Too soon to tell.

Your pedicurist will notice you have less dead skin on your feet.
    I noticed this today!!! I keep wiggling my toes back and forth because the skin is so soft and the bottoms of my feet are already much smoother. Not 100%, but much better already!

Your face will look a lot better, with softer skin and better color, especially if you use olive oil or coconut oil on your skin.
    I was just writing about this yesterday...the clarity of my skin has improved immensely. It's smoother, more radiant, and has even seemed to have gotten a darker, more fleshy tone. I'm typically pasty, ashy white, so this is a huge difference. At first, it looked like I'd been out in the sun a little, but even my scalp isn't quite as white (it's still white, but not like death anymore).

Changes in mood, personality, and thoughts:

You will become more thoughtful, more mindful, and less explosive in explosive environments.
    Today, I've noticed more patience, but my patience is typically directly related to my energy level which is great today. I am very explosive, so am eager to see this change in myself.

If you decide to add mindfulness to your reset, (you should) you will notice tremendous changes in your thinking and your ability to learn and comprehend things.
    I need to put this into practice. The thought of changing thought patterns at this moment in time are exhausting, but I've been there, and done it well, so I know once I'm in a better space, this will come much easier.

Your insight, intuition, and mental acuity will be sharper.
    Does sensory awareness count? I was taking a shower today and was amazed by how the shower (same ol' same ol') felt on my scalp and skin. Very cool.​

Also, your sexual desires will change and your libido will awaken.
    Well...at least it's not repulsive to me anymore. That would be improvement, right?​

Your spouse will begin to notice things and treat you differently.
    Not applicable this week...he's out of town. lol​

Changes in appetite:

Your carbohydrate cravings will go away.
    Yes, but the real test is in a social situation where desserts are involved. This is pretty cool, though, because even for the years of my life I've spent eating low carb/paleo, I still had cravings. I have had only one this week, in the very first couple of days of the LR.​

You’ll feel full and not really need to eat three meals a day.
    I'm feeling satisfied, but still eating three meals a day. Today was the first day I ate very little for lunch and will eat a small dinner, too, if it works out like I think it will.​

You’ll notice your taste and smell change.
    Not yet, though I have experienced this with low carb before...it's pretty cool.​

Changes in energy and sleep:

Over 6-12 months, expect your energy to gradually improve.
    Energy has improved some already. I hope it increases and stabilizes...

You will feel warmer and exude body heat, but your body temperature will actually be lower. It will continue to trend lower over the next 18-24 months while you thyroid settles into its new biologic groove.
    I felt this in the first couple of days, but the heat has dissipated. I am much warmer at night, now, though, which is something I need to get used to. I've gone from sleeping with a thick, flannel top sheet, a thick coverlet, and a warm, sherpa throw to sleeping even a little too warmly with just the flannel sheet.

Dramatic improvements will be made in your sleep.
    HUGE improvements!!! I fall asleep within 30 minutes (hoping that decreases) and I sleep deeply and restfully. Still waking up a few times at night/early morning, but I am now able to fall right back asleep.​

Both migraines and muscle soreness from exercise will decrease.
    N/A yet.​

Typing that out makes me realize I'm doing pretty darn well - and a million times better than I have been for the past few years. It's motivating.

I've been reading a bit about CT...interesting stuff. Makes sense...

13. Slone07

Slone07 New Member

Thanks, Katy. :) You have a great day, too.

14. jeepifer@gmail.com

I hear ya! That was the brand I was looking at. What does it taste like? I've been making my own mayo, and finding even the mildest olive oil too odd for me. Coconut oil was okay but a pain to melt it and then blend. I'm hoping this might be tasteless enough to use and still retain the good MCT benefits of regular CO. I also want to add it to coffee, a la Bulletproof fame, although I think I can't have the butter -- I seem to break out from it. AND of course, none of this will be applicable during my 43 days of HCG, but that's a blip in time compared to the rest of my life. ;)

Glad to see that you're already seeing some benefits in the Leptin Rx. A weekly check-in with the list is a great idea!!!

15. Slone07

Slone07 New Member

It's flavorless and odorless. Completely clear. I'm going to try making mayo with it tonight, I think.

What is this Bulletproof Coffee that everyone's talking about? I totally missed the memo on that one. LOL

16. jeepifer@gmail.com

17. Slone07

Slone07 New Member

Oh, my. It looks like he redefined "fully-leaded." I sent the link to my husband, who will love this. Thanks!!

18. Slone07

Slone07 New Member

Today was a huge success...I'm so excited. :D

I've had a smile on my face...all day. My gut has been unclenched all day (my constant undercurrent of anxiety "grips" my stomach, usually). And here's a biggie...I took the boys grocery shopping and didn't have to go straight home. DH does all of the grocery shopping because I get so overwhelmed, anxious, and snappy for the rest of the day. Good thing he enjoys it and finds it meditative! LOL Anyway, we were out of eggs and a few other things, so I ventured on out with the boys and it wasn't quite relaxing...but it wasn't far from it, either! I reminded myself to chill out and take my time finding my items and even though the boys were being shits (J's in a foul mood today...weird, 'cause he's my happy go lucky boy), I got it done with a smile on my face and when we left, we ran a couple more errands. I could have done double that at least! I know it doesn't sound like much at all, but honestly, going out and running errands KILLS me. I do one thing and I'm so exhausted that I want to just crawl in a hole somewhere and sleep (and I usually do...the hole being my bed). I get overstimulated to the max.

I swear, I feel like a normal, healthy, skinny person right now. All.stinkin.day. I'm so uncharacteristically happy and chatty, this could get real irritating to the people around me...but do I care? LOL Hardly.

19. Slone07

Slone07 New Member

LOL...What a morning.

I just wrote it all out, but don't feel like posting it. The gist of it is that I got crap sleep this morning and a couple of serious adrenalin dumps from a couple of situations...all before 9 a.m. The good news is that I'm not nearly as tired and crabby as I usually would be, but the boys are bent on having a crappy day. I may just call it a day, school-wise, and send them to different corners (of the world) to read all day while I hide in my room. We'll see...

I had a great breakfast and actually enjoyed it this morning! I had a hamburger patty with a couple of eggs and if I don't overcook them again...lol...I just might be able to eat that everyday!

Was down .6 pounds from yesterday, which brings me to that steady 230.0.

Time to turn this day around. Crank up some good tunes and get the boys laughing...

20. You're doing good! I really enjoy reading your journal! You sound more optimistic than earlier this week, that's great :)

I also noticed that my skin looks so much better since I'm on the reset, and especially with CT. I stopped training, but my thighs and my butt and more firm than ever! How weird. Even not doing CT in the face, I swear I look younger! The dark circles around my eyes disapeared, and I have less wrinkles (ok, I don't have that much, but my skin is looking much better).

Nails are growing like crazy, libido up a little, and until I screwed up last week, I was sweating like crazy!! Sleep was also doing better, waiting for that to come back, and that's why I went back to CT today, I want the reset to work faster.

I hope your day is doing good despite the way it began this morning. Take care,

Katy