1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sleeping in a van

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by ozbuck, Jan 4, 2018.

1. ozbuck

ozbuck New Member

Im planning a roadtrip with some friends and we were planning to sleep in the back of our vans.

Just wondering if there are any strong downsides to this?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hope not ....we will be doing the same soon!

Make sure you get lots of grounding and don't miss a sun rise or a sunset!

Stay off your devices s much as possible.

Park beside an ocean, river, lake, stream and get some C/T.

Can you sleep outside? Do you have a swag?

Sunny Cowgirl and ozbuck like this.
  3. ozbuck

ozbuck New Member

I'll be camping when possible, and grounding as much as possible. Just wanted to make sure there weren't any crazy bad effects sleeping in a metal cage.

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

I guess that will be a biohack for you! let us know! How long are you going for? where to?

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Not smart in a 5 G city. Patreon 101. Reality 21.

6. Meli

Meli New Member

If you have a hands free system in your van make sure that the blue tooth is off. You do that from the van/car end. If you have phones paired to your system even if the phones are off or phone blue tooth is off, the system is looking for the phones and that equals a 2.4 gigahertz signal - like having wifi on all the time the van is on.
    I finally figured this out yesterday and unpaired all the phones off my system.

caroline and Sunny Cowgirl like this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Hands free is as bad a in home alarm and fire alarm system...........nobody even thinks about them.

Meli and Sunny Cowgirl like this.
  8. I've been seriously looking into getting a caravan. I'm planning on parking it in a area of my property that gets zero phone reception. Will need to be super careful about power source. Fridge and stove can be run on gas. DC Lighting can be run off the batteries. Be careful about where solar system components are located though as some vans have inverters under the bed!!!!! I'm not intending using an inverter in the van and I'll have the solar panels located away from the van as I won't be on the move with it.

I think it's do-able with extreme caution not to use electronics inside the van. Sit outside with feet on the ground! :)

ozbuck and caroline like this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

When we were looking for a caravan .... lots of them had the batteries under the bed!

seanb4 likes this.
  10. ozbuck

ozbuck New Member

Is there a way to totally disable/turn off all electronics (solar, inverter, etc) manually? i.e. a kill switch

11. drezy

drezy New Member

ozbuck likes this.