1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sleep worse during full moons

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by freshveggies, Oct 30, 2012.

1. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

Does anyone know why my sleep gets worse during a full moon? I get very little sleep during this time of the month.

2. We didn't want to say, but since the person suffering usually has no idea. . . A rare and old world condition called Lycanthrope. If you had done the 23andme, it would tell you - I think it's a snip on the MTHRF 215467.

Or, you are doing very well - and you SHOULD be sleeping less as it's much brighter out at night. You should be out foraging for shrooms and all that kind of stuff.

Happy Halloweeeeen!

3. ealachan

ealachan New Member

I'm guessing it's the extra light from the moon? That's what does it for me. I have to block my bedroom window from about a week after the new moon until a week before it, because it's just too damn bright in our room to sleep well, otherwise.

4. ealachan

ealachan New Member

AAAAHHHHRRRRROOOOOOO!!

(that's me howling at the moon)

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

It could be the additional light at night... also what point in your cycle are you? I've found that from about cd 20 - on I don't sleep well even w/ short cutting the leptin-melatonin pathway. I attribute it to my Pg dropping

6. It does beg the question - why do we think we should sleep the same amount everynight, when the amount of "night" varies by season and phase of the moon.

Just as eating has evolved in congruency with what nature provides - so has sleep. I think all of our "levels" of whatnot should probably be variable as well based on all our sensory input, including sound. I bet in the natural world the night is also LOUDER during a full moon.

I bet we have NFI what optimal levels of anything are as we are still not taking into account some mofo variables such as:

Time of year

Where subject is

Sex

Weather

Solar patterns

Position in the tribe

and probably a boatload more of material items. We are STILL in the reductionist mode of isolating (even the most erudite are thinking in terms of carbs/fats/protien) because we simply don't have the abilities nor language to quantify and evaluate the material variables.

So, what is one to do? Look to nature to guide you. Or Inger, that will work too ;)

7. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

Well ---my room is always black so no light. I wear my blue blockers starting at sunset. I am on cd 34 so now what day is that really? Have I started a new cycle and dont' know it? Something about the expanding water ways maybe?

8. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

I have done 23 and me but cannot find that snip. I am not doing great. I should be sleeping 10 hour nights to make up for everything. But sleep stinks during the full moon.

I have methylation defects and I am finally get some where with it.

9. Do you feel nappy at anypoint during the day? May want to consider heeding it if you do.

10. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

crappy sleep can be b/c your hormones aren't balanced... I know you've added BHRT to your program... have you tested recently? I forget your age, but is it possible you're in peri-menopause? during your cycle are you tracking CM and Cervix height? CM can be an indication of where you're at in your cycle as well...

11. ealachan

ealachan New Member

The first day of your period is CD 1, so you can't really have started a new cycle and not know it, I don't think.

12. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

Yes, I think there is something to nature and the full moon. I am not too stressed out about it. It is just that I have been sleep deprived for 6 years and want to heal my body. I do not feel nappy ever. It has been hard for me to sleep since day one. My mom would have to take my crib with if she went to stay at Grandma's. I had issues all the way back then. I am on the wired side do to the methylation. I am working on it and know that this is the right direction.

I get flight or flight from a CBS defect: Biochemistry – The 10-fold up regulation in CBS generates sulfur breakdown products (sulfite and sulfate, which stimulate the stress/cortisol “fight or flight” response), excess ammonia (in the process wasting BH4 which is used up detoxifying ammonia), hydrogen sulfide (producing “brain fog”), and alpha-keto glutarate (leading to “excitotoxicity”).

http://www.heartfixer.com/AMRI-Nutrigenomics.htm#MTHFR:* 5,10-Methylenetetrahydrofolate Reductase (Þ 5-Methyl-Folate)

Just kind of wondering if others see their sleep change during full moon.

13. I haven't noticed any changes based on this that I can tell.

14. MartiD

MartiD New Member

I use to have issues during full moons but I have slept like a rock for well over a year now. My husband woke up around 12:30 a.m. this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Turned on TV (I know worse thing to do) and watch a movie for 2 hours. I never knew it!

He woke up exhausted and I woke up feeling pretty good. We use to notice our dogs were more restless on full moon night too. We have very thick drapes on our bedroom window so it is very dark regardless. Maybe it is the gravitational pull or something? Isn't there an old wives tale about full moons and women going into labor? LOL

15. diane

diane Gold

I think it's more than just the light. The full moon affects animals - and in every animal it's different. The energetic ones can get mellow, the mellow can get crazy. My youngest was staring at me for 2 days, and I wasn't sure whether it was because of the storm, then realized it was a full moon. I even have the moon cycles in my calendar so I know what's going on (and I teach training classes so I can quickly know why the dogs are crazy LOL).

If it affects the animals, it likely impacts us, but I'm assuming in different ways as well. Most of us just aren't as tuned into our nature!

sjoshua likes this.
  16. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

I wish I had been tracking because awhile back I noticed changes in the CM and thought that was odd for this time of the month. Now I don't know where I am at in the cycle. I am 45 so I know I am in Peri-menopause. I did check last month but on day 4 because my cycle came early and was suppose to be day 21 and I had to do other testing then any way. I need to test again, but I kind of wanted to get a handle on the program as I have had a hard adjustment to it and now I am finally felling better on the program. I know sleep got worse the longer my cyle has gone on. Now day 34.

17. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

That makes sense. I am very in tune to changes in nature. That is one reason I am moving to the country. I just love being outside. Doesn't matter if it is 20 below. I need time in nature every day.

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

could be your in an annovulatory state (think pregnenolone -> cortisol; instead of pregnenolone -> progesterone) if you're not converting the Pregnenolone to Pg, then you'd be annovulatory and might not have a cycle... how often are you CTing? it can impact your hormones and your cycle as well as the lack of proper sleep

19. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

I used to be 28 days when I was younger. last month it was 15, month before 21, 28, 23. I noticed that if I don't have enough estrogen in the beginning of my cycle, it won't go out long enough. So my length of my cycle is dependent on hormones. I have a better handle on the Dzugan method now and was seeing improvements in my sleep and moods, but then this long cycle hit.

Was CTing last winter 5 days a week. It was too much d-tox to handle with not methylating properly to get rid of toxins. I have been overloaded with metals and viruses. I am getting my methylation working then I can CT. I don't want the toxins to just recirculate.

Don't remember skipping a cycle. I have been pretty regular except for the last 6 months were they have been shorter.

20. margor_j

margor_j New Member

Hi,
    I get that, does my head in! And i dont usually feel it the next day, which is why i assumed it was moon / cyclical - but sure as crap winds me up at the time!
    im waiting on 23andme results, it will be interesting to see what comes up!

my cycle is / has always been regular as clockwork though i do wonder sometimes, that i ovulate too early, like only a few times after my period.