1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sleep on top of the covers naked Anyone ?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by CoolingWeb, Mar 27, 2012.

1. CoolingWeb

CoolingWeb New Member

CoolingWeb Says: (comments CT-7)

March 23rd, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Dr. K .. Could I declare myself a starfish or only you has that authority? :D

I have a question regarding sleep and cold. You never mentioned anything regarding how to sleep in the CT series or elsewhere. Yet, I see discussions regarding sleeping with window open and such. Cold hibernation time.

I can not figure this out. I can sleep in a very cold room but I need to have heavy covers. Light covers prevent the deep sleep. Not well rested feeling is what I get if covers are light or if I get cold when asleep.

Could you please elaborate on this so we know where to sleep? Under or over the covers? :)

Cooling

Jack Says: (comments CT-7)

March 24th, 2012 at 8:38 am

@Cooling if you want to sleep like a rockstar make it cold and dark………on top of the covers naked. it takes practice but I do this all the time……..it took me about 6 months to get to that point in 2007.

-----------------------------------

OK. with that said, anyone care to suggest a "practice" to get there?

Cooling

2. villjamur_stevenson

villjamur_stevenson New Member

Sure, why not start off by covering your legs and arms, but sleeping with your abdomen exposed. Maybe wear a hat if your head gets cold. Then, each night peel back the covers an inch or so.

3. JeffieJoe

JeffieJoe New Member

It would take a lot of alcohol to get me there ;)

4. Evo Mama

Evo Mama New Member

If it took the good doctor 6 months, it will likely take me longer, but I think this is a

good goal to work towards. If I wake up in the early am, I find I'm warm enough to pull the covers down to my waist, so maybe I'm on my way.

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

regardless of temp I've been sleeping w/o covers since july/Aug of last year...usually in a tank top, and workout pants/ short... most recently its moved to just a cotton tank and undies. I'm guessing by this summer I'll be naked out of necessity - I'll be too hot to wear anything... of course this will make DH extremely happy!

6. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

I simply don't think I could do it. Sleeping under cover is how I settle. I do kick off the blankets and sheets during the night, but I have to fall asleep with them on me, it makes me feel safe,

7. Marsha

Marsha New Member

My husband and I both sleep in the nude.

For winter, we each have our own 'dyne' - Norwegian for duvet or eiderdown comforter...otherwise you get too hot with two bodies under one!

Since starting this whole new way of living (Leptin reset and CT) with windows open, I'm shoving the whole thing off of me by 3AM and reaching for it after I cool off. Then maybe just my feet out till I'm convinced it's getting light out (been wearing a sleep mask and ear plugs) and get up to start my day.

Soon it will be so hot in Colorado, that I'll only need a sheet and/or AC, but that won't last long if I keep up with the CT!!!

8. LinD

LinD New Member

Same here, but not sure the reason why... Maybe it is a 'safe' thing.

9. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

I'm very familiar with the dyne, having grown up with them (and still have them, but in Oz they call them doona).

I always sleep in the nude, I feel suffocated if I wear Pjs to bed. Since CT I leave the windows open in our bedroom, so it is quite fresh.

10. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

I'm sure it stems from babyhood. All my young children has had ways of self-settle that stuck with them long after they weren't babies anymore, the fact that I still need a blanket even on a tropically hot day in order to fall asleep goes to show that I must have been like that even as a very young child.