1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sleep doesn't seem to improve really

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Antonis, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Hello guys,

I moved to the tropics recently to heal. Am staying here for 2 months. I did not see any change to my sleep. I don't feel energetic when I wake up, I feel more fatigue and am shaking a lot which is a sign of bad sleep. Also when I try to go to bed, I am overthinking and can't clear my brain. I try to watch sunrise as much as possible. I never miss one unless there are buildings around otherwise am at a higher building floor to watch it first and then go back to the ground. I also avoid populated areas.
    One thing that concerns me is whether the cause might be my cellphone use in the morning and after the sunset with blue blockers and the twilight application sometimes.
    Any thoughts would be really appreciated it. Thanks!

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

You are in a higher building? populations density?

Doesn't it seem like it would be your cellphone????

3. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Am staying in hotels sometimes for a night before to move to another place. I avoid population density areas. I only use population city for transit. If so I use a higher building so I can watch sunrise.

4. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

I thought about cellphone but I use it with glasses and application during night. It might affect me during the day you mean?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Where in the tropics are you ? Without that it is difficult to assess.
    Staying in a hotel you have the wifi of the hotel.I would look for smaller places to stay and see if that helps
    The applications do not protect your skin from exposure. Holding the cellphone in your hand does you no favours. If you are ina small place signal may be more difficult to obtain so your cell in yourhand may be working at full capacity. The light level of a cellphone even on lowest setting is too high. Check it on a dark room, hotel bathhroom maybe and you will see what I mean .
    High rise building is no way to see the sunrise.You need to find a place outside where you can get grounded. Anecdotally, it helps my sleep enormously to ground straight before going to bed,walking barefoot on a rough surface or grass and then straight to bed with no delay.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  6. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Hey, thanks for the answer. Am in Indonesia. Currently in Bandung. As I said, Im only staying in hotels when I am in busy cities for one night before I move to less populated areas where I stay to heal. In busy cities is hard to see sunrise and sunsets that's why I prefer hotels so I can see them at least. I always stay in small places.

7. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Am covering my skin during the night. Wear a scarf too. Normally i don't use lights but I do use the cellphone on airplane mode with my blue blockers.

8. axel brandt

axel brandt New Member

Going from winter to a tropical place in hours, is a stressor to the body. That raises cortisol. (Jet lag, another atmospheric pressure, humidity, solar radiation, another country. Add to that a higher temperature of sleeping..... don't blame technology, it's not the biggest problem that youre facing.

Michael CULLEN and Antonis like this.
  9. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

It might be true. This was happening back home too tho.

10. axel brandt

axel brandt New Member

Perhaps at home you were suffering from local stress......

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nnEMF increases sleep hygiene risks. Creative use of metformin can help offset some of these risks short term but the environment needs to change as the key metric

Corey Nelson likes this.
  12. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

It already changed sir. Am out of populated cities today. The issue with my sleep was happening when I was in other tropic areas. I understand it can't not change within few days. As you said to me once that I would do better in stronger light, maybe i need to be under the sun during the strong UVI 14,15 because I only do AM.

13. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Antonis,if you do not do pm then this might be your first step am + pm and then maybe some time in peak hours ,if your soar callus allows.
    Also bear in mind that while you are fascinated with he new surroundings you are also alert about possible problems like missing a connecting transport etc.

Antonis likes this.
  14. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Thanks. My solar callus allows it. I am ok to do it with no burns. I wasn't really doing because I thought Am is more important. But definitely The strong uv will help much more afterwards. Am in Pangandran now next to the beach. Good area.

Michalis likes this.
  15. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Maybe find a beach spot facing east and stick there for a while to create a routine? Preferably low population ?

Antonis likes this.
  16. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Yeah man already spent 6 days in Pangandaran at the beach. My sleep changed for the good there. I guess my sleep is getting worse when in cities and with no sun exposure. Came to see some temples now with sunrise then I will move to the islands to chase the sun. Hope you having great time in Thai

17. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Back in London and not very happy :/ Maybe stick to a location for an extended period of time and see how your body responds? Moving can be stressful itself i guess..

18. Hi Antonis.

in indo u have to be a nazi with your light hygeine as there is so many energy saver /cfl bulbs here.

1. when i travel i usually travel with 5-8m of black fabric. I then tack small nails around windows and black out my room 100%. Any light bleeding into ur room will disturb u.
    if u want to buy fabric ask for a Toko Kain (fabric shop)...look for a cotton twill (same material as shorts as made off) or fabric of same density.

2. Unscrew all garden lights and porch lights outside your room...u are paying for the room u can do waht u want

3. wear blue blockers and a long sleeve shirt at night( wearing shorts doesnt disturb me ) ...i also have my top button done up.

4. if u are in a place longer than a week get online and buy some Kara Benguk ...this is Macuna Pruriens /Velvet Bean. Its cheep. Have it 1.5 hrs before bed...you will sleep like a baby.
    If u dont mind a hunt, look along river gullies it usually grows there.

5. Stay away from built up areas. The electrics and electrical syatems are badly wired. Cities in indonesia there is nothing to see...they are a mess.

i hope this helps

cheers

s

drezy and Michalis like this.