1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

SlamSlask Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by SlamSlask, Apr 20, 2017.

1. SlamSlask

SlamSlask New Member

About me
    Hey my name is Mads
    I'm a 21-year-old male from Denmark, and I live in a harbor city called Esbjerg (Easy access to seafood), moved here about 3 years ago.
    I work as an IT Administrator Trainee for one of the major companies on the harbor. So a typical office job with lots of bad lightning and EMF exposure (You don't even dream of the EMF exposure in our server rooms LOL)

Introduction
    After reading/listening to JK intensely for the last 2 weeks and implementing some of his advice I now decided to take this to the next level and make it a much bigger part of my life

The result I have gotten from his advice so far have been much better than from any of the many diets I now have gone trough. Which brings me to the first part of my introduction....

Diet
    Guess I been trough most of the diet schemes at this point!
    Before moving away from my family to my own place here in Esbjerg I ate a SAD with a lot of Coca-cola (was my go to drink even before water) lots of wheat, pasta you get the idea ;)
    After I moved to Esbjerg, about 3 years ago, I decided to do something about it and started on a journey to fix my health.
    I started weight lifting 2-3 times a week and went on a typically very high carb/protein diet this was mostly oatmeal, ground beef, chicken, milk and peanut butter
    As I quickly hit a plateau in my overall health I started doing a more Paleo version of the same diet (Still high carb protein etc. but better foods overall)
    Finally about 8 months ago I started going full out Ketogenic/Paleo, Mostly following the advice I got from Tristian (Primal Edge Health). Here I also started to understand that macronutrients are not everything
    Here I discovered why vegetables and micronutrients are important and that I had to eat more of them.
    This has been the only thing that has really taken my health to another level before discovering JK.

For nearly 8 weeks I have been following the Leptin Reset with amazing results (More on that later)
    At this point in time I still eat a Ketogenic diet but in the last few days I have followed the Epi-Paleo guidelines the best I could also

Current supplements (Split out on breakfast and dinner):
    6*Chorella Tablets and 6*Spirualina Tablets (Both from MyProtien)
    300 mg magnesium oxid
    Vitamin D3 62,5uq (From My Protein)
    Been using these since I started on the Ketogenic diet (about 8 months)

Leptin reset/Exercise
    For about 8 weeks I have now followed the Leptin reset and the results have been amazing.
    This is also the reason why I have decided to implement as much of the other protocols and advice as I can.
    Before the Leptin Reset I was doing a standard Hypertrophy program (4 - 5 times a week for about 1 hour each session) I did this for 2 months and gained nearly 2 kgs of muscle mass (still a newbie) but while doing the Leptin Reset I cut down my exercise to mostly long walks.
    At this point I have much more energy all throughout the day (which I never really had) hunger has also gone down to an absolute minimum so only having 2 meals a day is no problem anymore

Diagnoses
    I have been diagnosed with Epilepsy about 8 years ago after having 3 "attacks" in 3 months.
    After this, the doctors put me on medication the one I was prescribed is called Orfiril (300 mg) 1 pill at breakfast and dinner (Only thing I know about these is that they tapped me for most of my energy)
    But I haven't taken these since I moved to my own place (3 years)

The other stuff I have done since digging into this new rabbit hole have all been in the last week so they will come in my future updates.
    These are the major things I can think of if any more context is needed then feel free to ask away and big thanks to JK for all the information he gives out for free!
    Looking forward to meeting all you "mithochondriacs"
    caroline likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

we need a pic please.....
    SlamSlask likes this.
  3. SlamSlask

SlamSlask New Member

Could not get the uploader to work last night but here goes :)
    caroline likes this.
  4. SlamSlask

SlamSlask New Member

Today I looked at some pictures of myself from before I started on the Ketogenic diet
    Much has changed but especially my skin has gotten much healthier. Used to have to lots of pimples and dry skin
    Still not all good but much much better.

It has been very cloudy today and a bit rainy so could not catch much sunlight so went for a long walk around the city instead
    Here I went by the harbor and meet one of the local fishermen who I bought a whole trout from (finally something other than salmon)
    So for dinner, I made some homemade Sushi with cauliflower rice and avocado on side
    Desert was some Maca/Cacao brownie
    Both recipes can be found in the cookbook from Primal Edge Health:

Rest of my day has been listing to music and packing my stuff down so that I'm ready to move tomorrow
    Currently looking into a reverse osmosis system for my new apartment
    But still, do not have clue which brand or model to go for? (anyone got some recommendation)
    caroline likes this.
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks! What about just buying bottled spring water? apparently R/O water does a number on your pipes.....