1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Skip's Journey to Optimal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Skip Platt, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Skip Platt

Skip Platt New Member

Hello! I'm Skip from Mobile, AL and have been a Gold member since last year although I've followed Jack for the past 4 or 5 years. I figured my first post here should be my optimal journal, so here goes...

I was born 3 months premature and stayed in an incubator for 2 months before going home. I had asthma as a child and stayed sick often. I’ve lived in Mobile, AL my entire life and grew up waterskiing on the river almost every weekend.

I grinded my teeth a lot while sleeping as a child.

As a teenager I had pretty bad acne and took various antibiotics quite frequently as well as Accutane. I was diagnosed with degenerative disk disease at the age of 15. After several cortisone shots for back pain as a teenager, I felt one bubble in my throat somehow and instantly tasted a metallic taste. It was at this point I began to dig deeper to get to the root of issues and stop using “bandaids.” I began to see a chiropractor and have had significant improvement with no back pain ever since.

I had recurring sinus infections 5 years ago and developed pneumonia 4 years ago. I was prescribed and took Levaquin and three months later tore my ACL. It was at this point I began to dig deeper into the world of optimal recovery, energy and resilience and began drinking the “Bulletproof Kool-Aid.” Along the pathway to becoming a Bulletproof Coach I discovered Dr. Jack and realized that all the biohacking and supplements were just “band aids” from the opposite end of the spectrum.

During this time period I had my Vitamin D, sex hormones and much more tested for the first time at the age of 36 and began doing bioidentical testosterone. In hindsight, I would’ve liked to have optimized my Vitamin D first and then rechecked the hormones before starting. I’ve most recently stopped the testosterone therapy to see if I can optimize it on my own with Dr. Jack’s help/educational consult, etc.

I have an internal hemorrhoid that bleeds substantially, and I’ve recently noticed a connection between drinking too much coffee/MCT oil. This has led to developing iron-deficiency anemia. I’ve cut way back on the coffee “cocktail” and skip it occasionally, and have noticed some slow improvement as I continue to check lab values.

My 23andme maternal haplogroup is H10a1.

I walk outside barefoot every morning and stare in the direction of the sun. I get lots of naked sun several times per week. I’ve slowly reversed my myopia from -4.25 to -3.75. I wear contacts for at least half the day and have recently switched to Cooper Biofinity brand as it supposedly does not block UV. I eat a dozen raw oysters 2-3 times per week.

I have a LOT of lab tests, but I'm not sure they would be helpful right now as they're 4 months old or older.

Jude, OliverGruener2 and Cheryl. like this.
  2. Cheryl.

Cheryl. Grasshopper

Your labs will give a starting point. Nice read and I am impressed with the healing! Good luck

Skip Platt likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Welcome, Skip. I love your perspective flip. We all go through them.

Life is unbelievably ironic at times. In my own existence, I have complained because certain situations I have faced were like awesome but filled with potholes, kinda like a sweet smelling rose bush but the thorns limited me from fully going all in. With time and reflection, I began to rejoice because I realized the thorns slowed me down to realize there was a better path of understanding. Thorns have roses for a reason. #perspectiveflip

[​IMG]

Skip Platt and Cheryl. like this.
  4. Skip Platt

Skip Platt New Member

Here are the most recent labs from December. I’m about to have more done and would be interested as to what I should have rechecked and what should be added that’s not tested here.
    Thanks so much!
    Skip

F4DD6706-42FC-429A-9808-8F62C5F24795.jpeg

5311BE2A-C3A9-4114-A500-1AFCE75732D0.jpeg

A7EBF9BB-3807-4E59-BAC0-248F82DA2287.jpeg

12C9A80F-96E9-4B50-A4CA-BCAD73F043F5.jpeg

B0D2F09F-5575-4C32-9BFD-C5F9482DD919.jpeg