1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Skin temperature question...

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Jenny Young, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Jenny Young

Jenny Young New Member

I see that the goal is to get the skin temperature to 50-55 degrees. Does this mean unless we get our skin down to that temperature, we cannot lose any fat? I can spend an hour in 53 or so water and my skin temp (checked by infrared gun) very rarely gets below that.

2. kris90

kris90 New Member

How long have you been doing CT? If you can do an hour in 53, you are definitely cold adapted, so your probably burning a ton of heat to keep your skin temps above 50-55 degree. You are definitely burning tons of fat IMO.

drezy likes this.
  3. drezy

drezy New Member

[QUOTE="kris90, post: 285616, member: 19157" You are definitely burning tons of fat IMO.[/QUOTE]
    Interesting. @Jenny Young have you noticed any related weight loss or not?

4. Jenny Young

Jenny Young New Member

Interesting. @Jenny Young have you noticed any related weight loss or not?[/QUOTE]

It’s been over two months with no weight loss. I feel like I am cold adapted. I’ve been doing it in my pool and with the sun shining down, it’s pretty effortless. We changed pool water and when we filled it back up, it went into the 60’s (I’m in AZ) so I moved to my bathtub and for the last two weeks, it hasn’t been as often (1-2 x a week from 4 x week). I just don’t get what I’m doing wrong. Would colder water help? I’m 5 weeks into lepton reset too and was really hoping I found something that would get this extra weight off.

Matt Fowler likes this.