1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

skin color

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by villjamur_stevenson, Mar 23, 2012.

1. villjamur_stevenson

villjamur_stevenson New Member

Background: I put together a spreadsheet charting times, weight, etc etc.

Anyway, I started the entire process with face dunking 2/20.

Currently, i am up to 25 minutes cold immersion bath (50 F). I also take 10 cold shower each morning.

Okay, now my question - my skin never turns cherry red. I do get a slight pink - I never get white.

Is this a problem? Does everyone doing CT turn a dark cherry red?

2. villjamur_stevenson

After rereading the protocol, what is cherry red? Is it a dark color or just a pink color? I eat all kinds of cherries! Even yellow ones. And I am red/green color blind - lol!

3. So did you ever do the bags of ice on a compression shirt followed by bags of ice on skin up to 60 minutes? No pink from that?

4. villjamur_stevenson

yes, I got up to 60 minutes of ice with the compression shirt. slight patches of pink, but I guess my confusion is what is "cherry red".

Is it just pink? or is it a darker color?

5. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

For the first time ever today I was a consistent, bright reddish/pinkish colour all over from my bath, and that was at the lowest temperature I've managed so far (other than my first, over-the-top bath!). 25 minutes did me! Although the water was at 52F, my skin temp. on the infrared thermometer measured 57F, so I don't think I'm at optimum temperature yet. I have been noticing that the skin around my collarbone and on the back of the neck down to the shoulderblades goes a much deeper colour, so maybe that is a good sign?

6. Melinda

Melinda New Member

I think cherry red is like the color of a face cheek that has been slapped hard, it's pretty well charged with "red". I personally have only been getting pinkish after 20 minutes at 59F. My DH's color is deeper pink.

7. villjamur_stevenson

Ok, I'm not getting anything dark yet. it is more like the color of a blush wine.

8. villjamur_stevenson

Well, I think I know what cherry red is now. I started taking the bitter melon, and after about 60 minutes all of my skin turns cherry red....Anyone know what is going on? What is happening at the skin level for it to be turning red?

9. Can't say that I do, but I'm not sure you need to worry about it too much. I'd be more interested in what your skin temps are, as you need to get them down without damage. I think the color talk is just to help you understand the red is generally not going to hurt you whereas white is probably will.