1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

SIBO, GERD, or IBS? Ubiquitination 12 is live.

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Jack Kruse, May 7, 2015.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Jack mentioned long ago that cracking knuckles releases NO. Does this temporarily balance out excess ROS from inflamed joints?

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Jack also mentioned surgery as one way of getting excess oxygen into the gut. What are other ways? Oxygen-producing microbes?

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I always like it when DH turns over my compost pile. It's another method of speeding up the process.

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

If we were talking about plants and too much fertilizer, I'd say pruning was in order. But pruning is known to stimulate growth also, at least in spring when plant hormones are high.

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

So plowing and tilling, and otherwise energetically turning the soil would be detrimental to those nitrogen-fixing bacteria. I know there are some (often short-lived or undesirable) weeds/shrubs that are known for prospering in recently 'disturbed' soil like from a landslide or just plain digging around. But other plants react severely to root exposure lasting only a few seconds.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  6. Jonathin

Jonathin Gold Member

Azotobacter is actually a very aerobic bacteria that non-dependently fixes nitrogen. According to Nick Lane in Power, Sex and Suicide, they have 10x the energy output/gram as a human and 50 million times that of the sun. The actual fixation is done internally as an anaerobic process, though.

Josh likes this.
  7. Josh

Josh Gold

No dig....why would you open up your intestines?

8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Why are we getting so many ornamental plants that have red/purple leaves? I recently bought a Black Diamond crepe myrtle bush, with almost black leaves and red flowers. Got me thinking about the varieties we have now. Dark versions of japanese maple, taro, ornamental sweet potato, oxalis, begonia, etc. I remember when the black-stemmed taro came out. I just had to have one. Then soon the Black Magic taro came out, and I snagged one of those.

Do these plants not need red light? Are they adaptations to our high-energy atmosphere?

9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

My grandfather used to maintain that lightning is fertilizer. Just sayin'.

Danny likes this.
  10. Dr Kruse I get most of that. But what I was specifically asking about was the quite huge temperature drop in the baby's environment from inside to outside the womb. If you have no thoughts about it fine it's just I imagined you would or might have. I just imagined there is something there that might have ramifications for CT or whatever.

11. Thank you so much Cinnamon and also Inger (not to forget you). It is so nice of both of you and makes me feel so welcome. About my decision I am still thinking about it I do think I have some 'issues' with crowds of strangers and so on.

Being really honest I have a bit of hard time with all the 'positivism' about where I will be in 10 years etc. I mean I am 62 and retired and I hope I can 'stay' retired. I like a quiet life of reading, thinking being in nature, I was very driven a workaholic even and don't need to jump over any more fences to 'achieve' success in terms of money or whatever.

The other thing is about a 'future'.............does life/the world have a future these are big questions and I have a hard time separating the personal aspects of this and the kind of global implications.................I dunno I feel I am 'over' a lot of kind of rah rah positivism

I need to make up my mind soon though and thanks a lot to both of you.

12. Jonathin

Jonathin Gold Member

Purple in leaves are high levels of anthrocyanins. For a normally green plant this would indicate a phosphate deficiency. Certain plants have been selected for their natural purple leaf color. Obviously they must also contain green chlorophyll to be able to grow. Remember the color you see is what the plant does not absorb.

13. On the subject of a 'future' somehow this song comes to mind. I hope people don't find it 'rude' but the Sex Pistols had this thing about "No Future". This was the kind of music I loved growing up in Ireland and the UK................I think there is a cultural difference the US goes towards the 'positive' the UK/Ireland a bit more towards the negative.

Cations and Anions in terms that are used here?

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

love the sex pistols. Saw them several times

15. Cool.................they were not so 'big' here as in the UK. On the other hand they had this song "Holidays in the Sun" so might tip me towards going on the Cruise. (BTW 'musically' this is by far my favorite Pistols song)

Dr Kruse: what does extreme indecision say about my brain? It's a problem I have in general not just in relation to the Cruise. I seem to missing something in my brain I mean.

16. Now I notice they (Pistols) say they DON'T want a 'holiday in the Sun'.........................so I flip again lol

17. That wasn't rude, Patrick. This is rude (or at least wonderfully tasteless):

(Sid Vicious of The Sex Pistols)

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

they produce 10 joules per gram per second and this output outperforms the sun by 50 million. The sun produces 0.0000002j/g/s. Now remember when I told you we contain a mini sun in each cell? Remember a mitochondria is a former bacteria.

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You're too hard on yourself.........the environment you build around you now will fix the one that gave you that defect in thinking........

20. Inger

Inger Silver

well... Pat... I do not think Jack meant we need to have similar goals.... in fact, as I know him, he loves diversity... So someone might have hugely different goals for their lives than what he shortly mention as an example in the pre Kruise party invitation.
    I am not the one who has financial success on my mind much either...lol so I think I get you
    but I think it is so fun we are all so different! Diversity is beautiful :) :) :) isn't it? :)

if you are perfectly happy with how you are right now, then just come as that :)
    I am very much one that loves to live here and now BTW :eek: IDK if it is some sort of brain damage or not o_O I am not too good about making goals for the future at all
    maybe you are like me...lol