1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

SIBO, GERD, or IBS? Ubiquitination 12 is live.

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Jack Kruse, May 7, 2015.

1. Josh

Josh Gold

Dry up the water in the Earth and the plates move....

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The absence or presence of light is a key redox sensor for life and death.

rlee314 and David Limacher like this.
  3. I really appreciate Jack and Josh's feedback..................let me spend the day in the river to think/meditate about it................

Josh likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. Inger

Inger Silver

Patrick... I would find it really sad if you drop out!!!! You are sure not the only person that have not got their every question answered by Jack ;)
    I really want to meet you, I want you to know that :love:

PS. River time is always good :) :) :) I bet it will sort stuff out in your mind in a good way Pat :) it always does to me :)

6. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

I'll post a conversation I had regarding Wine and Cheese here, since it's probably relevant:

----

I can't find the comments from Jack right now, but I do know the mechanisms as to why wine and cheese is a good pairing, so here are some notes ....

# Cheese

The $$$ comment is relevant with regard to cheese, because to get the benefits, you generally need to buy the good stuff.

Cheese has lots of casein, so milk from cows that only produce A2 beta-casein is preferred, whereas most cheeses contain lots of A1 beta-casein. I like aged goat's cheeses, which generally have casein that are not immuno-stimulatory.

The cheese needs to be aged, and is ideally made from raw milk, both factors increase probiotic count. Just search for something like "cheese probiotic blue mold" on pubmed for a ton of studies regarding probiotic and prebiotic content in such cheese.

Then, I was actually just reading in Mae-Wan Ho's 'Unravelling AIDS' regarding some of the immune benefits of cheese. Since AIDS is an immune disease, this is relevant, and there is lots of evidence to show that high acidic environments in the gut are good (I'll dig up some excerpts from the book later in my day).

The lactobacilus in the cheese produce acid in the **absence of oxygen**. "Acid" just means "lots of H+", and Ubiquitination #12 just explained again why H+ is good: http://qhwiki.com/excerpts:jk-ubiquitination-12#toc13

This should also point out why now reverse osmosis water or supercooled water build health. It provides a huge army of protons without any food added in this
    process. This helps you maintain a diverse flora best with small risks and low O2 levels in the gut.
    Probably also explains why people gain a benefit from drinking Apple Cider Vinegar, since it does provide a source of protons as well.

Wine contains acid too, so that's a good segway ....

----

# Wine

In the case of wine, you need to get the varietals that are tolerant to high UV environments, and that are grown in such environments. (ie: not Californian wine. Australian is good, Chilean is good, etc ...)

Altitude is usually a good thing for growing wine grapes, since there's more UV the higher you go.

I also always hear that lower humidity is better for wine grapes, or at least that's what some of the Aussie growers say. My Grandfather's friend Keith Lokan, is a grower in McLaren Vale. Lookan just says that humidity leads to rot, but I'm betting there's a Physics based explanation behind this as well. (ask Jack over some wine )

Polyphenols are nature's way of "encoding UV light", so no surprise that high UV environmetns give you grapes with lots of polyphenols. Resveratrol is the most studied polyphenol in wine, but I'm betting I'll find a lot more if I look into it.

Look at the shape of polyphenols -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphenol . Round electron cloud with large dipole moments and high UV absorptive capacity. LOTS of Hydrogen and Oxygen (OH), ZERO nitrogen. In fact, they are characterised by a lack of nitrogen related function. I'm not sure of the features yet, but my hunch is that this is a non-nitrogen depedent (and hence non-Ubiquitination-stimulating) method of bringing UV light to where it needs to go.

The alcohol stress is going to be a factor of course, so caution be advised there.

----

## Circadian Timing of Wine

The effect of resveratrol is pretty quick, especially when absorbed through the mouth. Hence the recommendation to swish wine in your mouth while drinking.

Resveratrol is a great SIRT1 activator, which allows cells to better perform appropriate autophagy and apoptotic processes. Thus, wine consumed during the last 2 hours of sunset, with some protein that stimulates high levels of protein synthesis (cheese! ), during a time of the day when cortisol is low and systemic protein synthesis rates are high, allows for efficient protein synthesis.

Protein recycling activity is high at this time, but "efficient protein synthesis" means that only the broken proteins are turned-over (marked for Ubiquitination), while most of your proteins can be repaired and recycled without high energetic cost.

----

The H2 gas production from wine is something that I haven't looked into yet. Don't know if it occurs, though I doubt so. (The hydrogen we're referring to above is H+, while H2 gas provides both H+ and H-)

But whatever, nuts provide H2 gas via bacterial fermentation in the colon.

So Nuts + Wine + Cheese is the classic pairing.

7. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Specifically, I wanted to take a closer look at my comment on polyphenols:

Look at the shape of polyphenols -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphenol . Round electron cloud with large dipole moments and high UV absorptive capacity. LOTS of Hydrogen and Oxygen (OH), ZERO nitrogen. In fact, they are characterised by a lack of nitrogen related function. I'm not sure of the features yet, but my hunch is that this is a non-nitrogen depedent (and hence non-Ubiquitination-stimulating) method of bringing UV light to where it needs to go.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Lots of Oxygen, but no Nitrogen.

I wrote "my hunch is that this is a non-nitrogen depedent (and hence non-Ubiquitination-stimulating) method of bringing UV light to where it needs to go." but I don't know if that is true.

8. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Then, quote from @Jack Kruse -- https://www.facebook.com/groups/872...&total_comments=1&comment_tracking={"tn":"R"}

The absence or presence of light is a key redox sensor for life and death. Using blue light night puts you closer to illness and death because of this relationship.

When light is absent, electrons are more dense in water, oxygen levels are higher in water, proteins are more hydrophilic, and water can rise in microtubules defying gravity. This defying action affect the optical lattice timing mechanism in the the SCN's MT's .​

So I'm thinking that with a disease where the GALT is compromised, you can't rely on DHA in the GALT to absorb the light given off by gut bacteria. Polyphenols would help absorb that light and "give it to the GALT" (due to the polar nature of polyphenol molecules). Reduction of free light in the gut gives the effects that Jack mentioned in the quote.

rlee314 likes this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Vitamin D3 has no nitrogen in it and some find it weird.
    Its not a vitamin first of all. Vitamins are supposed to be nitrogen containing compounds that act as co-enzymes which your get from your diet.

Vitamin D does not contain nitrogen, which might be acceptable since A, C, and E don't either, but unlike C and E, D is also not a cofactor vitamin. It activates 1000 genes. This is 5% of the human genome. Why would it be an activator of the genome and contain no N? Could that be tied to light and ubiquitin?

A acts like a co-factor or I should say the precursor of a co factor in the eye photoreceptor enzymes, and also gets processed in a controlled manner into hormones for other parts of the body.

D3 acts just like a hormone, raising blood calcium levels and helping cell differentiation across the body, but unlike A's hormonal form (the retinoic acids), and every other hormone, its production is not produced on demand by homeostatic mechanisms in the body.

Sunlight exposure to UVB light determines how much vitamin D you get. D3 from diet is something that happens at the poles naturally and not in the tropics. Why on earth would we want sunlight exposure to raise our calcium levels? Or why might it be necessary for absorbing calcium from our food. What happens when calcium is effluxed in cells because of something in the environment? In fact, D3 also triggers cellular changes that are necessary for the absorption of magnesium, iron, zinc and phosphate too.

I suppose in our past we may have always gotten enough UV light to create the proper pro-hormones, but what about nocturnal or burrowing mammals?

It's so weird to have a hormone, that is necessary for key nutrient absorption and dependent on exogenous factors that seem to have nothing to do with the hormones function. There is a deep story here tied to light and N.
    Get your circadian rhythm fixed first. Then CT, fix the mitochondria, and pour in the electrons.

10. Why we are less hairy the further we move away from the equator?...my father's mother and grandmother are Swedish...have little to no leg hair at all.

Melanin. Chaga mushroom contains a fair amount of melanin. So is the effect of ingesting melanin supplies electrons to the respiratory chain resulting in ATP extrasynthesis? The term melanin refers to the black or brownish pigment which appears to occur at all phyletic levels of biological organization and is ordinarily considered to be an insoluble, nitrogen-containing polymer.

"Commoner, Townsend, and Pake (1954) who had observed an electron spin resonance (e.s.r.) in natural melanin which they attributed to free radicals trapped in the pigment. The entrapment and protection of a free radical by a growing polymer had been demonstrated with methacrylate (Fraenkel, Hirshon, and Walling, 1954) and one might have expected that autoxidized melanins prepared from suitable biphenols such as dihydroxphenylanlanine (DOPA) would show e.s.r. signals. Subsequent investigation in our laboratory of both natural melanins (squid, human hair, and Harding-Passey mouse melanoma), and melanins produced in vitro by both autoxidation and enzymatic oxidation revealed similar e.s.r. signals in all cases and suggested that at least for the autoxidized melanin the unpaired electron was located to at most a few monomer units (Vivo-Acrivos and Blois, 1958). Mason, Ingram, and Allen (1960) have reported the results of an e.s.r. study of a number of natural melanin samples, including the finding that the spin density was increased upon irradiation by ultraviolet light. At the same time, to explain the paramagnetism of melanins, Longuet-Higgins (1960) suggested that melanin behaves as a one-dimensional semiconductor with the protons acting as electron traps."
    source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1367600/pdf/biophysj00640-0051.pdf

Chaga is also known for it's effects to improve the condition of the gut, namely IBD and colitis.

rlee314 likes this.
  11. Wine swished in the mouth because this is the area where electrons are close to the surface? Mucous membranes where blood-flow is close? Or am I thinking about UV light?

12. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

Patrick! :eek::( Please don't cancel - It is going to be such an epic adventure!:cool::p:D

I am so excited and looking forward to the cruise and to meeting everybody (including my cabinmate!) You know a few people have told me I'm nuts for sharing a cabin with a 62 year old Irishman that I've never even met! But I know from the forum that you are a genuine and intelligent person. You probably don't need to hear this, but you ask some pretty good questions and you have made some interesting breakthroughs in the last few months. The cruise could well be like proton tunnelling for your brain! :cool::D

Oh, I do hope you are going to be there!:)o_O:D

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

light and time are linked Dave.........does light and life link? If yes then light has to link with time..........now open a bottle of malbec and think about this........because the wine is part of the solution to that riddle.

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Dave: Here is something I wrote as I re read the time blogs coming..............
    As I sit here in the sun writing about "time", your inspired me to this thought on what the wine experience really is, it really is about life and fellowship as I reflect on it..........To enjoy good wine, one must first observe it hue in the glass, then savors its bouquet and nose. We then add two more senses to the experience....the tactile movement of the tongue on the juice to touch its palate and terroir to appreciate its flavor. We are only missing one sense now with our wine experience........hearing. So how did we solve it? We added glassware to it so that we could clank the vessel's together to hear the fellowship of nature in the juice. In this way true scientific knowledge of nature should also make simultaneous use of our minds and our senses, as we do in the cognitive processing of what evolution is to biology...........Time is critical in this story = circadian biology = light

David Limacher likes this.
  15. Funny that I already had the bottle of Malbec open ;) Let the click of the mouse be the clink of the glass.

seanb4 likes this.
  16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

17. You must have known I was writing my EMF blog post...

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

David Limacher likes this.
  19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

marry this info to your SCN which is an optical lattice atomic clock: Each foot higher we are in altitude means a clock in your SCN has to run four hundred-quadrillions faster per second to keep up. The take away is that your head ages faster than your feet do naturally.....so the taller you are the more your SCN clock is off and that height difference is what leads to a shorter longevity. To keep up the retina has more DHA than the brain to drive the DC electric current to make this occur. Remember the seasons result in a deep change in the amount of blue light in solar insolations.......so the SCN has to adjust to maintain ubiquitin rates. When it cant you get ill. Light undergoes a gravitational RED- shift because of gravity on Earth.