1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Shocked at Trifield Meter readings

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by BJK77, Mar 9, 2013.

1. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I just got my Trifield meter yesterday and have been playing since!! I am really surprised by some of the readings though . . . the kids' ipods barely register (unless charging) and my cell phone is the same, even DH's iphone. Most of the appliances register much, much higher than the handheld electronics. I never would have expected that.

Someone mentioned their ceiling fan had a high reading, but ours shows nothing. CFL bulbs are horrible, but halogen and LED give nothing. This is so interesting. I can't stop playing! Anyone else find something that really shocked them?? Problem is now that the kids saw that their ipods aren't as bad as I've been telling them I'm going to have trouble convincing them to give them up. I was hoping for the opposite to happen.

2. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Check the iPods when they're connected to wifi and d/l something. Same with the cell phones. It's when they're connecting that I think the real issues begin. I could be wrong. Someone will correct me if I am.

3. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

The Trifield meter is a good starting point. However, no one meter will measure all EMF.

Your answer for the kids is that Wifi on iPads, etc is RF (radio frequency), and the Trifield meter does only a marginal job of detecting RF.

Radio frequency or “RF” refers to high frequency fields and microwaves emitted by microwave ovens, cell towers, cell phones, cordless phones, TV and radio broadcast towers, Wi-Fi, wireless computer devices, and other electronics. The electric and magnetic parts of RF fields are not separated, so you only need one meter to detect the RF field. RF is usually measured in units of microwatts per centimeter squared (μW/cm²).

http://emfcenter.com/metrsale.htm

4. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Ditto....unfortunately the wifi isn't going to be measured well with the Trifield. We just got our taken out of the house all together. It makes me feel like I'm going in the right direction.

5. Jonathin

Jonathin Gold Member

What type of energy are you measuring? Motorized devices and CRT monitors put out huge magnetic fields. Wireless routers, cell phones and cordless house phones definitely put out microwaves between 900MHZ - 2.4+ GHZ. Turn on the phones and they put out more. I have been in home offices that have large amounts of RF. I would take the Concerto with me to minimize adverse health effects when working on computers there. The owner's body was in constant pain and her joints were disintegrating literally. This was over 5 yrs ago when I knew less. My measuring device is not a tri-field meter but only detects microwaves. I don't remember the name at this time. Microwaves are arguably the worst emf unless you include the terahertz airport scanners!

6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I've been wondering about exposure to the old fashioned metal detectors. Any harm in that? Probably?

7. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Me too. I was using an electric blanket to pre-warm my bed, then I turned it off before getting in. Thought that solved the problem. No! The meter literally showed more voltage when the blanket was off than when it was on! Now I am unplugging it...problem solved and I still have a warm bed.

8. Martin

Martin Gold

I doubt it, it's a measuring device rather than a transmitting device.

9. Inger

Inger Silver

Read the instructions that came with the meter to more effective use of it, it will help.
    The iPods and cellphones gives out pulsed EMFs, you need to hold the phone to the left side of the meter, very close, and wait. Then you will see how it send the pulsed EMF all the time. Tell your kids the pulsed EMFs are really bad for us as they do not exist in nature at all. Ipod has a place I think on the upper right side where it has way stronger radiation, you must move the meter over it to detect it. You need to touch the screen and have it on, too.

The TriField meter is not too sensitive meter but good enough to get a picture.
    Put to cellphones close, maybe a feet away.. and call the other, with the meter in between. You will get shocked at how strong and far it reacts!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
    kyrakitty likes this.
  10. Hope

Hope Gold

I am sure they are not great. But still better than the new stuff. I refuse them every single time. I Just hope they don't phase out the old kind some day..

11. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

Use WiFi on a smart phone and then watch a YouTube video ... the Trifield meter goes crazy.

12. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I've turned the wifi off on my phone I won't turn it back on...

13. Rachelle

Rachelle New Member

I'm so screwed. I live by a transformer grid yard and there is nothing in between my apartment and it. I took out my wifi and I am not watching TV, bought a corded phone and a Himalayan salt lamp, but I know in my heart I am not safe. I have lived here now for a 1 1/2 years and didn't realize there was a transformer grid yard right across from me. What is up with that? I was oblivious to it. I was so worried about everything else going on I missed it.

I really just want to pack up very little, move to an ocean spot and pitch a tent. That is the bohemian in me but there is also the conservative person I grew up to be gnawing in my head.

seanb4 likes this.
  14. Rachelle

Rachelle New Member

So my homeopath said it's actually the electricity in my home that is actually guarding me from the strong fields from the grid yard. And to stay off the street--never hang around here. That until I can move.

15. SCRN2007

SCRN2007 SCRN2007

Sniffed out the house with the Tri-Field meter and, thank goodness, we seem to be doing very well. The bedrooms were clear, but now I can prove to my husband that I am not a "Nervous Nellie" for having wanted nothing plugged in near the beds and having all audio/video equipment plugged into grounded power strips that are turned off when not in use. I am also very glad that I have always made people sit FAR away from the TV, computers, and EdenPure heaters in my home. I did find a mysterious spot in the kitchen wall near where my daughter sits at the kitchen table. I bet it is some sort of fault in the wiring. We will be moving her spot at the table while awaiting an electrician. Our old desktop computer is horrible and so is our multi-function printer. I am glad we barely ever go in the office. I will be keeping them off unless in use. The laptop does not seem to be much of a problem at the distance I sit from it when it is unplugged from its AC adapter. Plugged into the AC adapter seems to make it just a bit worse. The signal from the cell tower 1380 meters away is not perceptible through the windows on the side of the house facing it--I know this is not the correct meter accurately measuring RF, but I am glad that whatever that tower is putting out is imperceptible to the Tri-Field. Working up the courage to go stand by the smart meter and see what it registers on the Tri-Field (again, I realize it is not an accurate meter for RF).

16. kathylu

kathylu Gold

I felt better almost immediately when I had the SmartMeter removed from my house. See my journal for the story.

I took the TriField meter out to my car today. I have an Acura 3.2 TL ...oh my god...it's bad! Electric and magnetic measurements literally off the meter, a little better in the back seat. I don't know what to do about it...gotta get reading about mitigation in cars! And I really don't want to think about what I'll find when I measure the Toyota Prius tomorrow (electric hybrid car)...maybe get a bicycle?

17. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

A horse might be a better solution....

18. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

They have always been my transportation of choice ! ;):D

19. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I've always wanted one

20. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Another question for those of you with a trifield meter. Does anyone have a large aquarium setup - 60 gallons or larger? How high was the reading around it?

DH is wanting to get a saltwater aquarium. Every time something new that's electrical or wireless comes into the house I now flinch. Can't exactly unplug an aquarium...

Thanks