1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Shingles, Lidocaine

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by JanSz, Apr 26, 2021.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Skin that is already hurting (badly), should not be put under additional stress when applying anything to it with the goal of relieving pain.

By now, 5% Lidocaine is available without doctor's script.
    They are creams. Better than patches or roll-ups.
    I would not recommend patches or roll-ups or even cream, since 4% spray is available.

When my DW need it, we got script for 5% lidocaine script.
    That was highly inconvenient and impractical.
    Pharmacy did not had it, had to order it.
    Few day latter (wife in pain all the time) they call me that it will take over a week to get it and it will be few hundreds of US $$.
    Pharmacist suggests 4% lidocaine cream lying out there on the shelves of the Walgreens (under 10$).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Clarification.
    My DW was in pain for reasons other than shingles.
    She was already on
    fentanyl
    morfine
    and still in need of topical lidocaine

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4% Lidocaine cream (most convenient at the time when I used it for my DW), use gloves when dispensing,
    patches are inconvenient, with longer uses are messing up skin
    also do not use roll-ups (application hurts).

New, 4 oz spray may also be considered. (there are two versions of packaging of this spray, hopefully the more expensive is easier to use.

upload_2021-4-26_7-46-21.png

/////////////////////////////////////////////
    Use this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083XVZSH...C&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_1_title&th=1

upload_2021-4-26_8-2-50.png

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    Pebbles and Bonnie like this.