1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sherry's official journal post to optimal health!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Sharon Coste, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Lee Sharon

Lee Sharon New Member

I found those same probiotics and I'm sure they can. Here is a link to how to make the yogurt posted above with the 3 specific strains... Can We Curate An Effective Probiotic to Manage SIBO? (undoctored.com) The L. gasseri BNR-17 is the strain I haven't locat4ed where get. The webpage I linked says this.... "L. gasseri BNR-17 is available from Korean manufacturer, Acebiome. It’s pricey at around $62 and all materials are in Korean. While UAS in Madison, Wisconsin has licensed the right to manufacture it from the Korean manufacturer, their minimum orders are impractically large (as they typically are from manufacturers). A U.S. retailer may be making this available to us at less cost near-future."

2. Lee Sharon

Lee Sharon New Member

Hmmm...none of these hold at 106 degrees. I wonder if it would make a difference.

3. Lee Sharon

Lee Sharon New Member

It might work!!!! It fits the criteria does it not? These are the instructions..."In medium-sized ceramic or glass bowl, place crushed L. reuteri tablets and the emptied contents of L. gasseri and B. coagulans capsules. Add 2 tablespoons of inulin or raw potato starch, followed by 2-3 tablespoons organic half-and-half (or your choice of other liquid) and mix thoroughly. Add remaining liquid and stir.
    Cover with plastic wrap or other method and maintain at 106°F for 36 hours."

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Thank you very much.

upload_2022-4-16_14-32-38.png

5. I wonder if they need to be cultured separately and mixed later so one strain doesn't out compete the others.

ND Hauf likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Good question, that brings another.
    --------------
    Three genus (species) for the Super SIBO magic yoghurt:
    1) Lactobacillus Reuteri (ATCC PTA 6475 and DSM 17938)
    2) Bacillus Coagulans ( GBI-30,6086)
    3) Lactobacillus gasseri (BNR17)
    ---------------
    I see three types (maybe even four).
    Can we mix them (before fermenting)?
    Are all of them need 36 hours incubation timing?

7. I read up on those briefly. I believe separate would be better so you can monitor each one and make sure they are all fermenting vigorously. The cultures could have different environmental preferences and one would probably dominate the others. One could take longer than others, one culture may have more active cells, one may give off exudates that slow the others. If you could grow really strong cultures and use them to inoculate subsequent batches, it might help. I used to culture yeasts for beer making. Inoculating with huge amounts of yeast, (compared with just a small packet) would accelerate the respiration and reproduction stages and quickly move on to fermentation, pretty much keeping out other yeasts and preventing off flavors.

caroline, ND Hauf and JanSz like this.
  8. 8Phoenix

8Phoenix New Member

9. 8Phoenix

8Phoenix New Member

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I likely will be making my reuteri yogurt using half-and-half.
    Most likely it will be generic, not organic.
    One or two quarts at the time.
    Will place it in the refrigerator when done.

How much of it should I consume daily?
    Any time of the day is better than any other?
    Is it ok to consume it indefinitely or only for a certain length of time?
    How long it can stay in the fridge?

11. Lee Sharon

Lee Sharon New Member

12. Lee Sharon

Lee Sharon New Member

1/2 cup daily per day is all you need. I just watched a youtube Video of Dr. Williams talking about his new book Super Gut. Alot of good information on the "yogurts". (2632) William Davis | Super Gut | Talks at Google - YouTube

JanSz likes this.
  13. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Hi Sherry and welcome to the forum :)

I've found this technique really useful to help with levels of stress. And its free. :D

Sharon Coste and JanSz like this.
  14. Sharon Coste

Sharon Coste New Member

Thank you!

15. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Another one :)

16. Sharon Coste

Sharon Coste New Member

I just started a batch of L Reuteri Yogurt and will use some to make the SIBO yogurt next. I'm still waiting on the BioThin L Gasseri I finally found at mercolamarket.com, takes 36 hours so I'll see how it goess. Here are the steps I took according to W. Davis book Super Gut

Attached Files:

17. Sharon Coste

Sharon Coste New Member

Only allowed to upload 5 pics so here are the last 2. I'm very much hoping to get the better sleep L Reuteri is known for giving and will be making a batch with lactobacillus casei shirota for greater effects.

Attached Files:

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Please post the full name and link where one would be able to buy the AICOK device.

upload_2022-4-26_20-39-43.png

19. Sharon Coste

Sharon Coste New Member

20. 8Phoenix

8Phoenix New Member

L reutire Yogurt
    ingridients
    3 spoun arrow root
    Yogurt L Reutire
    ingredients
    1) half and half A2
    2) 3 Spoons Arrow Root Starch
    4) 10 Capsules Gaia Gastrus
    5) Yogurt Machine from walmart

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nahomy-Y...ic-Easy-Yogurt-Maker-Machine-Silver/998833181

Instructions
    https://www.luvele.com/blogs/recipe-blog/how-to-make-l-reuteri-yogurt
    keeping the milk at 180F for 20 min really make a lot diference my was really thick you can see it in the video below

recommendation
    you may like to buy extra glass jar so you continue making more yogurt
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RXH6TT1/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2BXYR5JAZ47L&psc=1

here the video

Attached Files:

JanSz likes this.