1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sherry's official journal post to optimal health!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Sharon Coste, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Sharon Coste

Sharon Coste New Member

Hello everyone, I found Jack Kruse after not being able to afford an 8 week $8,000 program to obtain optimal circadian & mitochondria health. Something I knew nothing about but felt there was something there I needed to learn to finally heal and overcome fatigue, poor sleep and panic attacks. I almost took out a loan to do it. A couple red flags stopped me. Then I went on a deep dive to learn, on my own, what this program could possibly teach me without going into a big debt. I finally found an old podcast of that Doc being interviewed and the host mentioned that the Doctor and the host followed the works of Dr. Jack Kruse. My deep dive led me here today.
    Some basic info about me...My name is Sharon but I like to be called Sherry. I am a 56 year old female who lives in an apartment 50 miles NW of Detroit, MI. Up until 6 years ago I used to live much farther north in a nice very small town along Lake Huron, wish i lived there right now, I'd be able to actually see the sunrise and sunset from the horizon and to be outside more and without a 1000 eyes on your every move. Lol! I work evenings as a food server. I have some college but no degree and it's taking time to absorb the science behind all of this. My main health issues today, and over the past 25 years. are insomonia (falling asleep & staying a sleep for more than a few minutes to a few hours at a time), panic attacks/fear/anxiety, nocturnal panic attacks, low vitamin D, and now tinnitus (started about 5 months ago after getting Covid). I have smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for 38 years. I currently started adding in nicotine pouches. 2 shutdowns (or crimes against humanity as I like to think of them) have made my health issues even worse and my weight the highest ever. At 5'2" and 165 lbs, I am considered obese on any chart. In the middle of this March I started making dietary changes for health reasons, not weight loss, which brought me down to 165.8 lbs from 177.5 lbs. A welcome "side effect" I happily got from working on a diet to help my circadian rhythm and mitochondria. On March 3rd I began watching every sunrise and sunsets 2-3 times a week. After 3 days I began being alive and active during the day and effortlessly sleeping at night. Those 3 days were almost euphoric. I now know what high dopamine, serotonin and melatonin levels feel like. I imagine a drug attack chasing that original high. I don't know why that didn't continue but I am going to do what I can to figure it out. I realized I cant do this on my own. I need help so I signed up for this membership.
    I have had many other health issues over the years that are not in play currently. Here is a list of some; chronic fatigue, asthma, incontinence (still have but not as bad), sleep apnea (undiagnosed), sciatic, chrons, plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, vertigo, fluid in eustachian tubes, trigger thumb and other inflammatory issues in my knee and my foot. I have had very good years and very bad years regarding panic attacks, sleep and fatigue. I've tried many things. In 2014 I tried Plexus products that balanced blood sugars & gut floral with plant based products while increasing water intake. I did a complete 180 within days, my asthma went away, my energy and sleep were amazing and I lost weight. Those were 2 beautiful years I wish to get back. My panic came back when I abruptly stopped taking Zolft so I went back on begrudgingly committing to I'll need these for the rest of my life. Then in 2016 life was full of too high of stress, loss and sorrow from a multitude of events and also, I couldn't afford the products anymore. When I could afford them the effects just weren't there this time around. I was back to my dark- dreary, -fatigued- closed life sleeping throughout the day and up until the rest of the world was starting theres. November of last year I found some info about a protocol of specific amino acids , Magnesium and pharma gaba helping with panic attacks. Those helped very much and enough to get me to get off of Zoloft again but with the knowledge it must be done slowly. I am completely off Zoloft now. The amino acids are not as effective anymore and I don't know enough about how to adjust them. My panic and anxiety on the verge of all hell breaking loose but I'm hanging on for dear life and doing as much as possible to stay off anti-depressants.
    2. About my sleep..
    In my early 20's I worked the midnight shift as a waitress. Then as a night bartender. I was up all night and slept in the day. For 10 years I worked in the banking & mortgage industry 9-5pm, I still felt best at night. In my thirties I worked nights again and had a son whom I breastfed and that may have been the beginning of my interrupted sleep pattern I still have today. Up until last month i spent all day trying to get enough sleep to feel "normal" and get through my work shift, come home eat, play games on my phone, and finally sleep. That time could be 4am , 6 am, 9 am and some nights I would almost 24 hours without sleep then crash. On my days off I slept as much as i could off and on. No energy no nothing. If i fell asleep anytime before 1 am I would sleep for maybe 15- 30 minutes and I'm up as if I slept all night. Also, I woke up holding my breath alot and snoring wake me up sometimes still as I'm falling asleep. I currently have anxieties most nights as bedtime comes because I'm fearful of nocturnal panic attacks and i will wake up many times throughout the night sometimes i can go right back to sleep and sometimes i have to get up and try to calm myself with distraction, with amino acids, magnesiums and if that doesn't work its .125 to .25 mg of Xanax. Im so tired of being me when I'm like this .
    3. About my Medications and supplements....
    A. ZOLOFT- I was prescribed Zoloft some 25 years ago after behavioral therapy didn't work and leaving my house and driving became most difficult. I was worked up to 200 mg to finally get my panic attacks under control. I have stopped Zoloft many times or reduced the dosage but always seem to spiral out of control and went back on. A few months back I weaned myself completely off and hope to never go back. B. Buspar- during the shutdowns my anxiety increased from being illegally locked up in my home 2 times and practically put in financial ruin. My doctor tried adding a couple other meds and buspar was the last. It didnt do much so I just took it at a very low does only 1 time a day. Until I recently stopped totally along with the Zoloft.
    C. Xanax- I have used Xanax since my early 20's it has been my crutch for all these years. I wont leave home without them, EVER! I only use it in a panic attack situation. Nothing else I've ever tried, meds or countless supplements, gets me quickly back to a thougt process that isn't scary and debilitating. The doctor I found when I moved to my current location 6 years ago will only give me 15-20 every 6 months, which closes my world very tight, since a great deal of my panic attacks revolvle around going to new places or places far from home.
    D. Supplements. Name a supplement, herb, vitamin etc. I probably have it . May not have taken it even but i bought it. This is what i am taking most recenly and mostly on a daily basis:
    100 mg R-Lipoic Acid
    200 mcg Selenium
    500 mg Acetyl L Carnitine
    600 mg NAC
    100 mg Ubiquinol
    10 mg PQQ
    365 mg Potassium Chloride
    4 drops Lugol's Iodine solution 2%
    Probiotics, a
    blend by Seeking Health
    At least1000 mg absorbic acid
    Varying amounts as needed of (protocol I mentioned to help with panic attacks)...
    Glycine, taurine, inositol, l-theanine, ps100, parmagaba, Magnesium bisglycinate, Magnesium Glycerophosphate, Magnesium orotate, DiMagnesium malate
    4. Changes made in the past 30-45 days.
    4.1. Watching sunrise and sunset as much as I can
    4.2. Blocking blue light. -Changing led bulbs to incandescent or red incandescent and using candlelight
    -iris app on laptop
    - putting black stickers over random blue and green lights in apartment. Wearing Gunnar brand day & night eyewear more often especially in stores and before bedtime. (Want to get Ra Optics which i believe block a higher amount of blue)
    -mostly Room darkening curtains. Currently my anxiety kicks in if my room is completely black and adds to my falling-asleep panic. I also, am opening my curtains and blinds for the first time in years and cracking the window a bit to offset blue light coming in through the window
    4.3. Room air purifier
    4.4. Drinking spring water with ph 7-8.5 such as icelandic, fiji, essentia, and others, whatever is on sale.
    4.5. Eating mostly high fat low -carb foods such as red meat (some grass fed) seafood (salmon, crab, shrimp, lobster tail) organic cheese, finland butter, redmond real salt, greek yogurt, adding in some dulce, spirulina, dragon fruit powder, & some seaweeds
    4.5a recently cut out seeds, nuts, coffee :-( not sure any are okay or not but heard that they can be a source of mold and plant toxins.
    4.6. bought a sperti vitamin d lamp maybe 3 weeks ago. I'm using every other day or two.
    4.7. Touching ground before I come into the apt. And lately going to beach in the rarer sunny-warmer days and walking in the water or sand for a quick minute.
    4.8 connecting my laptop via ethernet now, turning off wifi on my phone, unplugging as much as possible in my bedroom at night
    4.9 got rid of my heated blankets that I so loved to use
    and turning the heat down cooler at bedtime. I'm still adjusting to that.
    5. Costly items I think I might need to purchase but not sure how I should prioritize them due to limited funds I can only tackle them in increments. Any input on which are absolutely necessary for the next level of improvement would be appreciated....
    1. Testing/ Lab work from Life Extensions
    2. Ra Optics day /night glasses
    3. EMR-TEK Firewave infrared light
    4. Magnetico bed mat
    5. Grounding products; shoes, bedding, etc
    Thats as much as I have to say today. I eagerly look forward to any help! I feel desperate but hopeful! Thank you in advance!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  2. 8Phoenix

8Phoenix New Member

hello sharon nice to have you in the group
    here very interesting link for longevity,beauty,love,sleep

JanSz likes this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Sherry and welcome!

Have you been listening to Jack's podcasts? They are a great way to get his info faster and easier to understand.

You have made some great progress ...good for you!

It is all about baby steps.....

Please read the leptin reset blogs.

Do you have Jack's book?

Keep reading and listening and asking questions..........If you don't know something please ask.

Have you seen the thread ....Why newbies are important to the battle ahead?
    Why newbies are important to the battle ahead...........
    Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Jack Kruse, Jun 8, 2014.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    GavinH and Sharon Coste like this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Also ....Give Jack a bit of health history ...as well as Your Mom's and Gran's

It is going to be impossible to heal if you are woking nights in a blue lit environment.

Any chance you could move south? Florida for example?

Cn you get an onside job? like gardening? or on a farm?

Can you work days at an outdoor cafe?

Put on your thinking cap .......you need to come up with a healthier solution - your life depends on it!

You have made such a great start ......please keep going.

Lee Sharon likes this.
  5. Lee Sharon

Lee Sharon New Member

6. Lee Sharon

Lee Sharon New Member

Yes, keep going I will.

My health history is mentioned in my orginal thread. As far as my mother and grandmother my mother was surprisingly healthy even though she was an alcoholic which led to her demise in a round about way. She died at 76 and did have arthritis, high blood pressure and depression. She ate alot of processed foods too.When I was younger she had mental health issues and anxiety I think she self medicated for years with pills and then turned to alcohoI. I am not depressed, I do have anxiety, my blood pressure is always normal and I had a touch of arthritis but not anymore. My grandmother, her mother, died in her 90's, she led a pretty healthy lifestyle but as she got older she had eyesight problems (macro degenerative), and vertigo for many years in her 80s and those things I believe led her being depressed. She thought she was dying for many years of some unknown or rare something or other but according to her tests/blood panels etc she had no identifiable health issues. The women on my mom's side of the family do tend to have anxiety issues. My issues are broken up sleep and panic attacks. Do you believe or know that anything else I do or changes I make will not help me if I do not move or change jobs? That would make me feel very defeated off the get go. Both of those things are huge changes for me and I don't even know that in my current state I could handle either of those. I would love to move in the future but factors such as finances, my son being here with me in Michigan and my panic attacks/state of mind etc that is something I am not ready to jump to first to heal myself. I know that I have healed my sleep and panic attacks in the past living and working in this environment so why could it not be done again? My panic attacks have come and gone over the years and some days I feel as if I couldn't force a panic attack if I tried. I feel like I am searching for that missing piece to my puzzle. Thank you for any input

7. Lee Sharon

Lee Sharon New Member

I'm intrigued! Have you made this yogurt?

8. Very very warm welcome to you Sherry and you have found the holy grail!!!!!!!!!

DR JACK'S WORK IS YOUR SUPERPOWER

YOU CAN USE IT TO BECOME WHOEVER YOU WANT TO BE

I'll be watching and wishing you luck

Ravi

Sharon Coste likes this.
  9. April

April New Member

It sounds like you are off to a good start! Don’t forget to embrace the cold as much as you can if you can’t get further south to the sun!

Sharon Coste likes this.
  10. Sharon Coste

Sharon Coste New Member

Thank you, in this moment I'm having yet another wave of panic attacks and I feel so defeated and hopeless and don't want to go on this way anymore. I want to figure out what it is to I must do to overcome this. Reading these messages means very much to me.

11. 8Phoenix

8Phoenix New Member

not yet, I'm just ordering all to start next Friday
    I'm traveling Monday to Miami for 3 weeks

JanSz likes this.
  12. Sharon Coste

Sharon Coste New Member

3 weeks in Miami sounds nice!! I think I may order as well. Where are you able to get all 3 specific strains and how do you plan to "maintain for 36 hours at 106 degrees Fahrenheit:?

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

After you are successful in making yogurt, wonder if you would have time to explain the details.
    Preferably in the form of protocol, shorter, better.

List of strains and what they do.
    Where to get them
    Equipment that is able to accommodate different strains.
    x
    y
    z

Sharon Coste likes this.
  14. Sharon Coste likes this.
  15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

It is not about your everyday yogurt.
    He was talking about bacteria that must have a temperature near body temperature.
    So (temperature range) and (temperature variability) seem to be of primary importance.
    I thought that he mentioned sous vide cookers.
    But it would have to be the kind that is able to hold about 100F
    Steaks are often cooked at 132 F.

For example, I am looking at this one:
    Amazon.com: Dash Chef Series Stainless Steel Sous Vide, Temperature Control For Steak/Poultry/Seafood/Vegetables with Timer & Vacuum Bags + Pump Included, 8.5 Quart : Home & Kitchen

And the temperatures it can hold are
    104-194°F with a time range from 10 minutes to 72 hours

So, it would not work.

upload_2022-4-16_11-27-54.png

Sharon Coste likes this.
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Post above deals with line #1.
    ===-----------------------------
    But someone mentioned:
    Three genus (species) for the Super SIBO magic yoghurt:
    1) Lactobacillus Reuteri (ATCC PTA 6475 and DSM 17938)
    2) Bacillus Coagulans ( GBI-30,6086)
    3) Lactobacillus gasseri (BNR17)
    -------------

Where to get this set?
    How to deal with it? How to ferment it in yoghurt?
    Time, temperature, anything else.
    /////////

Sharon Coste likes this.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

20. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

Lee Sharon and Sharon Coste like this.