1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

SHBG

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Meli, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Meli

Meli Silver

I recently did new blood work since drinking 85PPM DDW for 3 months and about 100PPM or a little higher for another 3 months.
    My human growth hormone doubled.
    CBC cleaned up.
    hsCRP from .4 to .2
    Omegas got into the desired ratio ranges and DHA is much higher.
    BUN Creatinine stayed exactly the same at 24 with Creatinine .5 and BUN 12...Not very good.

SHBG is at 131.9 (17 to 125 reference range) It was 194 a year ago.
    Free Testerone .08 (.3 to 1.99 reference range) .12 a year ago.
    Does anyone understand why SHBG gets high and perhaps what to do about it? My dr. recommended stinging nettle.

Michalis likes this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

SHBG goes up with raising estrogens
    SHGB goes down with raising testosterone (and I think DHT or only 5a-DHT)

Check your
    progesterone
    e1,e2,e3
    TT, FreeT, DHT

or better do DUTCH test

You may want to continue with DDW
    at least 85ppm
    I am using (2+1)--->66.7ppm for the last 38 days, overall 302 days on DDW

//

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  3. James Gerard

James Gerard Platinum Member

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

SHBG is another indirect redox measure. In women, as the progesterone levels are altered you can bet that SHBG is an issue. I see this a lot with nnEMF issues.

James Gerard likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Initially only blue light was a problem for melanopsin dysfunction and then the government unleashed the rest of the spectrum on humans. Because of the "weak" covalent bond, the effect of nnEMF = cause way more melanopsin dysfunction = a very elevated SHBG = your environment has something nasty in it.

Many antiaging docs treat SHBG by lowering drugs and it makes the hormone panel worse. They just do not realize the hormone panel is all tied to incident light.

JanSz, drezy and James Gerard like this.
  7. Meli

Meli Silver

Thanks! I would imagine so. The focus in the article seems to be on raising the hormone.

8. Meli

Meli Silver

Yes, my environment we suspect has many nasty things in it...I look forward to environmental change very soon. Thank you.

9. Meli

Meli Silver

Hi JansZ
    Hi JanSZ. I have very little estradiol, I don't think estrogen is an issue. I didn't test progresterone. I will do that next time around. Thanks for that suggestion. My focus now is on change of environment. I leave for the Yucatan in less than 2 weeks. I plan to find some of that bottled cenote water to drink there.

James Gerard likes this.
  10. James Gerard

Here is a generalization from the article.

So far, I think the message is clear that low SHBG levels are indicative of suboptimal metabolic status, but are you doomed if your levels are below a certain level? Not necessarily. You see, as long as you know your genetic healthy baseline and you arm yourself with what external factors can affect that baseline, you have the tools to understand fluctuations in your SHBG

I am doing the hormone bootcamp now and I really don't know what to make of any numbers for SHBG and I have very few things to refer to so far ( I'm hoping to change that rapidly) . However, given that melanopsin dysfuntion elevates SHBG, it is probably something that will settle into some normative function when other hormones are modulated with sunlight
    (among other things). It doesn't seem to me that it would be great to try to lower or raise SHBG. It is like trying to tape leaves back on a tree in fall because you think the tree is dying... It's not an evergreen, that is, it is meant to fluctuate given X. X being other sex hormones. I am curious though how SHBG lowering even works from a medical perspective.

11. James Gerard

Cenote water is intriguing. Doesn't the oxygen level drop after a certain depth? That might be a different sink hole. There used to be a brand of bottled water called O2 cool that was oxygenated water. I was thinking of buying it for resale a few years ago. You can still see it on the web, but I don't think it is available anymore. http://www.o2cool.com/default.htm

12. Meli

Meli Silver

I have no idea about the oxygen level dropping. My understanding is that it is deuterium depleted water. I believe Andrew Udell was getting some tested so I am curious to find out how that came out.