1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Share your success of today

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by PaleoSue, Apr 4, 2012.

1. PaleoSue

PaleoSue New Member

We know that major change is really a series of small steps that add up, so this thread is a place to highlight your success *today*. Did you resist temptation? Did you cook a new recipe or try a new food? Have you made other progress? Tell us about it!

2. PaleoSue

PaleoSue New Member

My success of the day is that I cooked broccoli and free-range bone-in split chicken breast (from a local farm), wrapped in bacon, to my 2 and 3 year old niece and nephew. I have rarely to never witnessed my nephew eating real meat. He chowed it down, not only the bacon but also the chicken. My sis-in-law said, "I have never seen them eat meat like that."

This from the kids who won't eat anything other than chicken nuggets or mac and cheese. I say, feed 'em bacon. And real chicken. ha ha.

:)

3. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

I went to the gym this morning, and once again I was able to load on more weights to my bars and dumbbells!

4. donkjellberg

donkjellberg Silver

Bacon Pizza!!!

My kids are loving it. They keep saying more pizza please. LoL, a 4 and 6 year old both getting into the groove. I don't think there will be any left-overs for breakfast but that's okay ;)

5. PaleoSue

PaleoSue New Member

@donkjellberg, what is bacon pizza? sounds yummy.

My victory of today is that I am wearing pants to work that I haven't been able to fit into in over a year or possibly longer. And they are even a bit loose.

6. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

My victory today is I ordered a pair of jeans online in a size down from what I usually order, and they came in the mail today and fit like a glove. When does that EVER happen?

Also, my day included uncured side pork (my version of bacon), and any day with bacon is a success story in my book. They say bacon is the gateway meat for vegetarians...I like it!

Cheers to all of you on your small victories!

7. Susan M.

Susan M. New Member

My husband and I just came back from Florence, on the Oregon Coast. The weather was mostly horrid, but I wasn't freezing like I normally do when I go to the wet, humid coast. I never warm up when I am on the NW coast, even when the sun is shining, but this time it was just awesome! At the hotel that we stayed at my husband was chilly at night with only a thin blanket, but I was roasting. Normally, he's roasting, and I'm freezing.:)

8. agatha

agatha New Member

Today I had to sit in our living room wearing just a bra and jeans because I was hot. DH was wearing long sleeve shirt, jumper and jeans.

9. Brice

Brice New Member

To day I took my first Yoga class.
    I have heard a lot about the health benefits for the yoga workout.
    Finally today I joined a yoga gym and took first training class.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

I bought a corded phone yesterday and am waiting for broadband to become live!

11. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

My victory of the day was finding a new doctor who willingly prescribed my 300 mg of compounded Progesterone!! My last doctor fought me tooth and nail on increasing it from 50 mg to 100 mg even though my labs were still in the tank. I was doubling and tripling my dose the last couple of weeks to help my sleep and was terrified I would run out before I found someone to prescribe . . . no worries now :)

12. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

This is from a couple of days ago, but here it is:

I ate oysters for the very first time!

This was after vacillating back and forth thinking they might be icky, LOL. A local fish store had a special "buck a shuck" event. I gathered my courage in both hands and went in to explain. The folks there were very friendly and explained how to go about it. The first one they recommended I try straight up - no sauces or condiments. Because how else was I gonna know if I liked it? I timidly sipped the liquor and immediately thought YUM! Then I tipped the shell and slurped the whole thing, gave it a couple of bites and swallowed. I loved it! I had 4 more! hehehe

I felt fantastic! I'm sure part of it was the magic of oysters, but also, it's always exhilarating to conquer your fears.
    Maybe I need to ask for an oyster shucking knife for my birthday? :D