1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Shakshuka!

Discussion in 'Epi-Paleo Recipes' started by Phosphene, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

158EA92A-8CAC-41A9-B9C1-554187A71EB5.jpeg

Or Shakshouka...however you want to spell it, this recipe for eggs poached in a chunky, spicy tomato sauce is just fab. I know tomatoes are a seasonal thing for many of us, but it’s almost the season for me so I stretched a little. Plus I had canned local tomatoes in my pantry just begging to be used, and we don’t have any (known) issues with nightshade veggies.

I made this almost as written, which is unusual since for me recipes are just suggestions. Only changes were nearly doubling the onions and garlic, a generous tablespoon of turmeric, a large can of salmon flaked in right before the eggs, plentiful cilantro sprinkled on top, and (sadly) no pita.

Ok so I guess it was pretty far from as written. ;) That’s the beauty of this recipe—it’s easily adapted for what’s available/allowed.

Enjoy!

https://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Eggs-Poached-in-Tomato-Sauce

2. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I LOVE Shakshuka. GReat recipe. Add curcumin and this dish rocks.