1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sexy younger you.....

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Sep 9, 2014.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

Did anyone listen to the first webinar today with Dr. Mark Hyman?

Thoughts???

I probably didn't listen close enough ....it is a lot of stuff we already know.

He is really well spoken and nice to listen to .....

Something tho - for me ..... I have to kick the stevia habit !!! and do it now - no more stevia for this girl!
    I have been thinking this for a long time but just wasn't managing to do it ...just being lazy really.

I really think that it drives my hunger .... has anyone else noticed this?

I have been using it a lot this winter because I have been drinking so much more coffee than I normally would - so I lace every hot drink with this crap! stupid, stupid, stupid!

there is probably some natural Stevia on the market if you search for it ....but the stuff in the grocery story is just manufactured crap ...and the profits are lining the corporate pockets of Pepsi and Coke.

I have know this for awhile ....but today I am turning over a new leaf...

I want to be a sexy younger me!!! how about you?

Alex97232 likes this.
  2. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Good morning Caroline,
    Have you tried the actual Stevia leaves?
    You could even buy a plant.

I have not listened to the seminar. Glad it was worth it. I was undecided as it is difficult with my mini electron stealer device ;) but I will sign up now.

3. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

4. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I've listened to it but it was too much been there, done that, didn't work then, so not for me ....... Makes me appreciate the depth of learning here even more though, and the value of my membership....:)

caroline likes this.
  5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I've heard the liquid stevia is a much better product. Could help you withdraw, Audrey?

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

My talk is Sept 12th

7. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Ive got a couple of his books, he's a nice starting point for those coming off SAD....not as scary as Jack :p

rlee314, Hope and caroline like this.
  8. Marie

Marie New Member

They are going to have a lot of attrition, if the content doesn't improve. I consider that lecture one of the worst I've heard. I've heard him give much better talks, so I wonder if the directions were to soft sell...

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

I found the exact same thing ....I only listened vaguely .... but it is good to remember where we have come from!

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

everytime I listen to one of these things - I always get really aggravated ...they limit what they tell you because they want to sell their book etc.

Do people really buy/sign up for all this stuff?
    I suppose a lot of people in the paleosphere are getting really wealthy .......

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

your Sept 12th ...so my Sept 13th ...can't wait...

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have wondered about this ...but I am going cold turkey! why do I want this stuff in my body......

shah78 likes this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

yes that would be the way to go ...thanks Lah

14. Hope

Hope Gold

That is the #1 reason practitioners do these things.....paleo or otherwise. A way to exposed, get more people interested and start a relationship so to speak, get them to sign up for newsletters, blogs etc and eventually buy their stuff, whatever that may be. Or even become patients.

I never expect much out of stuff that is free.....

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

I aways expect to get something ... and I always do.....maybe it isn't much - but there is always something.

I have a very dear friend who is a cooking teacher/author - and has been for many years. She is extremely well connected in the food world - she knows everyone. She once told me at a class that someone else was doing ...she always learns something - no matter how small ... she always pays attention. Sound Familiar?

I have never forgotten that and it was many years ago .....

Actually - I just realised - that was at a class in New York City! I may have passed JK on the street...lol

rlee314 likes this.
  16. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo New Member

In case anybody is going through summit withdrawl, here is a compilation of upcoming summits.

http://www.healthcoachingresources.com/events.html

Looks like the health area might be heading towards summit overload .... probably resulting in some of the comments above.

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I can only control my part in this...........so I think my hour was pretty good and a lot different. Anti aging medicine is becoming a bit CW lately. I dont do CW too well.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

we kinda noticed ...we do pay attention!
    looking forward to some real honest talk...

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

I suppose - when something becomes CW ...it is time to bail...

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think my talk is going to really jar the other listeners.........and maybe not the veterans here. It will be interesting to see.