1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sex and acute head pain

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by ShannyM, Dec 22, 2016.

1. ShannyM

ShannyM Silver

Oh my, such a personal question but here it goes:

A month ago, seconds before the point of climax I had an intense rush of pain in my head. It felt like the lining of my brain or skull was being pulled from the back of my neck and traveled around my head over the top to my forehead and behind my eyes. So freaking intense and painful it brought tears to my eyes and afterward I bawled like a little girl. Wtf? It happened twice more after but no where as painful and sustained.

My body is lacking something...???

Has anyone else experienced this or am I odd? I don't believe it's only a female thing, I'll assume men have experienced this as well.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

pm Lahelada......

3. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Hehe Caroline ! Lahelada stumbled over this thread twice already,wondering how to phrase an answer. Well,here goes.
    From what I could figure it migraines at point of orgasm are due to insufficient Prolactin being available at the time .I think in my case I was a bit happy go lucky with the MB dosis. Mine took a bit of tweaking only and it disappeared in a week at the most never to return.

caroline likes this.
  4. ShannyM

ShannyM Silver

@Lahelada thank you for responding. very interesting to say the least. Not sure what MB dosis is, it's not listed in the glossary. Do you mean Mg?

caroline likes this.
  5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

HI Shanny. MB is methylene blue. However, prolactin is only supposed to be behind this pain. No data as asuch anf no data that my MB had something to with it. I suggest to wait and see if it goes away. Pain like particles, is best left unobserved until it actually happens.It may just have been a passing thing for you .
    Don't stress,test..:D

6. ShannyM

ShannyM Silver

Ok got it. That sort of discomfort happened 3 times in the past 5 years and then I could easily rationalize it as a tension headache during a very emotionally stressful time then 3 more times in the last 6 months (mentally and emotionally I'm in a great place in my life). The excruciating episode happened after I started the epi-paleo rx which is why I posted about it and was very puzzled by it. After the mentioned episode I began the Mitochondria Rx and the pain didn't happen but I could feel it try to roar it's ugly head and I "willed it away" so to speak - I meditate and can control tensions and discomforts - but that puppy snuck up on me when I least expected it. I haven't done any of the reading on methylation so I'm in the dark as of yet. I'll study up, I assume it has to do with how your body processes hormones which explains partly why my sex hormones are out of balance.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

coital thunderclap headache is usually due to superior cervical ganglion blood flow changes............I think it happens because you go into sex with a high PVN tone and with orgasm you have a rapid change in blood flow to the brain and the superior cervical ganglion cannot maintain CMRO2 of the brain and the headache is the result. I think it is related to breathing during the excitement leading up to the orgasm.

FNJORD, kyrakitty and Lahelada like this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2016-12-24_9-5-19.png

High prolactin may interfer with sex
    Prolactin can be suppressed with bomocriptine mesylate

Fast acting (bomocriptine mesylate)=Cycloset
    Cycloset is used in diabetes.

Lahelada likes this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I know this kind o headache.
    I do not know about yours but mine was head splitting.
    Happened to me few times. After that experience I was afraid of having sex.
    Looking at that chart I can think of high dopamine before sex.
    High anxiety/anticipation of getting my orgasm could have been the reason.

//
    If you see it coming, (headache and orgasm together), work on your mind,
    pretend that you do not care about orgasm.
    (Not sure if that would work the same in woman).
    //

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Lahelada likes this.
  10. ShannyM

ShannyM Silver

Coital Thunderclap headache....it's an actual thing?!....the name alone describes it to a tee.

My next question: why would Mother Nature wire us this way? ei the inverse relationship with dopamine and prolactin.

Perhaps the higher dopamine makes us happy, sexy and horny then after the prolactin helps to take away the desire to follow through with conception or keep us from wanting to engage with others while the oxytocin keeps us bonded with our present partner...

My rx is to keep as hydrated as possible, maintain the Mitochondria Rx, improve circulation and blood flow with ubiquinol and relax.

Or I could chalk it up to the consequences of great sex....geesh....whodda thought....

caroline and Lahelada like this.
  11. ShannyM

ShannyM Silver

Deeper and slower breathing should work too

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

It is an actual thing and I dont think it is a sign of something natural........it is a sign something in your environment prior to and during sex might not be so great. I had an old GF who used to get this when she used sex toys.

13. ShannyM

ShannyM Silver

Well I can't remember if the 6 times I've experienced the head pain if I was in the same place, it could be. The biggest thunderclap was in my master bedroom I only have red light bulbs in there. It's definitely not a natural thing and to me neither are toys so that wasn't my issue. I will take heed of my environment before and after next time if it happens again. When I googled it I found reference to supplementing with Mg and another reference which said I needed to be medicated so that pissed me off. I'm at a place where this website is the only source of info I trust...:)

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Dec 6 2016
    @ShannyM wrote:
    ------
    generally constipated 2 days per week when at work because of early morning starts
    32-35 day cycle
    airline captain turboprop so all flying done below 25,000 ft
    sleep in hotels 2 nights per week
    I fly 15 days a month average 10 hour days plus 2 hour commute
    Im sure exposed to stupid amounts of nnEMF, too scared to find out, all glass cockpit
    consistently 30 pounds overweight mostly on my tummy

15. ShannyM

ShannyM Silver

Aye....my job....:( I've thought for years it's been a source of deteriorating health...but now I'm understanding more fully the extent to which it is a slow death...I need this website to make the decision to leave it, it's not easy to walk away from your livelihood, I feel pigeon-holed in my skill set. It's a process to get set up to do so and it is my plan to quit and start the next chapter in my life.

In the meantime I must employ what I learn here to mitigate further damage as best I can.

caroline likes this.
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If your only problem is this acute headache, and possibly infrequently, changing jobs is rather drastic move.
    You newer know if the next job would be any better.

So far we have not figured the real reason for those headaches.
    --------
    You can check your cortisol profile (the shape).
    If it happens to be ok, your job may be safe.

///
    Losing that 30 pounds may be a better first move.
    -----
    As I am looking at the discovery about fasting by dr Fung
    Low Cortisol Levels
    -------
    And
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/low-cortisol-levels.14194/page-58#post-204931
    and
    fatty acids analysis
    (many of us need big improvements)
    I think that number of requirements could be connected and optimized in one hack.
    -------------

It goes like this:
    One can loose (fat) weight only if insulin is low over long time periods.
    Same statement, different way:
    One can use body fat for energy (only) during prolonged periods when insulin is low.
    This is how water fast was invented.
    This is how @PaulG is loosing his weight. 22# in 14 days.
    PaulG Weightloss Journal

My possible improvements.
    Check your TotalCholesterol, if low, say below 150, that is a big indicator.
    Check your
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum
    if it is grossly out of optimum,
    when cholesterol or fatty acids or both are out of optimum, corrections may require consumption of some fats.
    Those fats could be consumed during fasting.
    -----------
    Assuming that you would loose your 30# at similar rate as PaulG did,
    your project would last about
    30/2.2+4=18 day

-------------

17. ShannyM

ShannyM Silver

I've done fasts in the past but not a water fast. I was worried about depleting my body of minerals. I've done 3 fasts in the last 10 years for 21 to 28 days each. I would lose 15 to 22 lbs but regain it all within 8 months. I know I can do the fast. I did the master cleanse, green juice fast and a fruit and fruit juice fast this past summer. Each time I felt amazing afterward. I did do coffee enemas for the first 4 days each time. I don't know if that was a hindrance and harmful but I do know it made the transition easier during the initial detox phase.

I have an appointment later this month to discuss getting labs and blood work with my family doc.

I watched the interview with Dr. Jason Fung, I should by his book. He didn't talk about coming off the fast and that is a concern of mine. I am motivated to start the water fast the second week of Jan when I have 4 days in a row at home before returning to work. I've fasted when flying at work it's not that bad.

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

TotalCholesterol=?
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum