1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Severe oxidative stress - OxLDL through the roof!

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by CoolSwede, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. CoolSwede

CoolSwede New Member

I like your "hint", Jack, and believe me, I am definately in the heliophilic camp. So, I get the point, just get outside, catch those precious sun rays and get healed! :cool:

However, it would be interesting to know what the root cause is. Redox shifted mitochondria from too much blue light and no seasonal ROS generation in my past? An autoimmune reaction making my blood plasma highly oxidized? I wish I had labs that went further back in time...

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The root cause is in Time 7 and 8........LOW QUANTUM YIELD DUE TO THE IDIOTS HUMANS THAT ARE AROUND YOU DESTROYING OPTICAL SIGNALING

Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The bio hacking ideas with the Quantlet for AI's is endless.

5. CoolSwede

CoolSwede New Member

LOL! :rofl:

Rumor has it that Santa Claus will come early this year! :D

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  6. Penny

Penny New Member

Oh pretty please with stevia on top, publish your books... :)

7. Penny

Penny New Member

If you're any engineer, maybe they changed something at work - or a new/"improved" cell tower went up near you - measure measure measure:)

8. CoolSwede

CoolSwede New Member

ā€˛Messen ist Wissen!" - Werner von Siemens (1816-1892)

Of course you are right about measuring. My main focus has been measuring myself i.e. taking labs, but my enviroment needs to be quantified as well. Thank you!

9. Inger

Inger Silver

lol ^^^ messen ist wissen ;)

My new boyfriend is an engineer... and he always need data and measurements... He is very interested about stuff I have learned but he needs facts. So we measured his car, a new Volkswagen with anything you can wish for... and he got very shocked... because it was so full of nnEMF that my meter was on max all the time in the whole car! Now he is mad at the car companies trying to kill us.....
    because he do get, that much magnetic radiation is not healthy.... it really made him upset. My Hunday 2008 has way way less nnEMF... It sure is crazy what these new cars can emit.

10. CoolSwede

CoolSwede New Member

Engineer you say, take care of him. We are a special kind of people, always trying to learn new stuff and understanding how things work in life.
    Regarding EMF, I drive an ancient Volvo so no issues there, haha! :D

11. Inger

Inger Silver

Oh yes... I need to take good care of him for sure....... he is lovely..... he let me sleep with window wide open even if really cold and he freezes a bit but he still lets me :) and having only candles on after dark... shutting off WIFI... and eating anything I want.. and... and...... :) He has started to take cold showers, I am so proud of him :)
    It is weird when you realize how hot you are in the night and others freeze at the same temps even if thicker cover. And I just do a little bit of CT every day!

You are lucky to have an old Volvo I think :) I try to take good care of my Hunday because I want to drive it forever! It is a very simple one, diesel.. but I like my car :)

12. CoolSwede

CoolSwede New Member

New labs came in yesterday. Reduction of OxLDL to 729 from 1563. Still ridiculously high, but progress!

I also tested HDL, LDL, trigs etc, and will post them later. HS-CRP still at 0.8 making the CRP lightening match flame small close to that mountain of OxLDL dynamite!

13. Inger

Inger Silver

well that is great progress I would say :) :) :)

CoolSwede likes this.
  14. CoolSwede

CoolSwede New Member

CRP: 0.8 mg/l (<10)

Trigs: 0.8 mmol/l (0.45-2.6) =71
    Chol: 5.5 mmol/l (3.3-6.9) =212
    HDL: 1.4 mmol/l (0.8-2.1) =54
    LDL: 3.9 mmol/l (1.4-4.7) =151
    APO A1: 1.7 g/l (0.9-1.8)
    APO B: 1.2 g/l (0.6-1.6)
    B/A1: 0.7 (0.4-1.2)

All in all quite decent figures, except OxLDL of Course...

I will translate the values Into US units later. Done!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  15. CoolSwede

CoolSwede New Member

I forgot to add that the major difference I have made is adding Choline, first in the form of sunflower lecithin and then in the form of choline bitartrate. Having the worst PEMT gene (according to 23andme) I suspect that the OxLDL is caused by NAFLD due to low endogenous choline production.

Of course I have tried to stay in the sun as much as possible while avoiding blue light. I have also tried nicotine but that was after I had my blood drawn. Many positives from trying that out btw!

The lab recommends adding vitamin E and beta-carotene which I am contemplating. Is it possible to suffer from hypovitaminosis A due to oversupplementing vitamin D? Would that manifest as high OxLDL?

16. Inger

Inger Silver

I would not do supplements....it is always a bit dangerous.. and choline and vit A are easy to become from foods! Like, really easy :)

Just do lots of raw egg yolks! They have LOTS of choline.. and very bioavailable.. and many other great things too :)
    And liver is great for choline, and vit A too! Do it raw, then you have the most benefit!
    150 grams of raw liver has all the choline you need in one day... and way more wit A :)
    then add some raw eggs/eggyolks to that :) no supps needed :) :)

17. CoolSwede

CoolSwede New Member

You are so wise, Inger! Of course it is better to use food as a source of choline and vit A. The reason I used supplements is the ease of knowing the daily intake and thus eliminering a possible deficiency.

I really like your raw food lifestyle. Keep inspiring us! :)