1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Set the standard and they will follow!

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by BJK77, Mar 24, 2012.

1. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

After thinking mommy was quite crazy these last few weeks, my children did their own versions of CT tonight! My 7-year old son sat on an ice block for a good 30 minutes while my 11-year old daughter decided on her own to wet and freeze a towel and then lay on it. I'm thrilled and hoping they continue! They also both asked me to buy them a pair of the blue light blocking glasses. I jumped and ordered some on Amazon right away!

They already do fairly well with diet. I would say they are 90% paleo/primal with just the occasional slip when my daughter is at a friend's house or my mom gives my son gluten free pizza - still trying to work on some of those issues. My DD was at a friend's house last night and had regular pizza. She told me today when she got home that she'd rather not "eat that stuff," but she doesn't want to be rude, so we had a talk about how to handle those situations. I love that she's thinking about things on her own and CHOOSING to do what she feels is best for her. My son even said he knows he feels better when he eats clean - that's HUGE for a 7 year old! I know they would have never had the same reaction if I forced all of this on them.

Just wanted to post to encourage all of you to continue being the example and shining the light for your children. They are watching and absorbing every little thing they see. My kids knew I had been very sick for awhile to the point of not even being able to take walks with them or play at times. The last week or so I've finally started to get some energy back and they're noticing.

Now if only I could get my parents and some others in my life on board . . . ;)

2. MJ*

MJ* New Member

That's awesome! When the other people in your life see the results you've gotten they will at least be curious! Thanks for sharing!

3. Casey

Casey New Member

Fantastic! Sounds like your modeling healthy living and its paying off!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Set the standard and they will follow a perfect direction as well as struggle and success so be confident and get perfect direction and perfect goal so be happy and get well direction for well outcomes.