1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sespis / ER Nightmare

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by karliin brooks, Jul 1, 2018.

1. karliin brooks

karliin brooks New Member

My mum was admitted to the ICU with sepsis. They used those pads to shock her heart last night after 5 liters of fluid didn’t have any impact and the Adenosine made her pass out. Put her heart into A-fib. Now giving her Heprin. And norepinephrine through central line. Vancomycin and zosyn. Iv arterial line to monitor blood pressure. Fluids they gave her caused fluid in her lungs. Lungs look junky. Catheter to monitor urine. Kidneys are injured.

Worst of all, her spirits are low and she fears she might never recover. I have never seen her in so much despair.

I read that IV vit c, b1, hydrocortisone, and thiamime can reduce the symptoms of Sespis. I am also aware that the hospital environment is deadly. Should I try to pull her out?

Any rec greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

We have a blog on sepsis in Patreon. Read it. It is part of your membership. Tells me her redox is horrendous.

3. karliin brooks

Thanks for referring me to blog. Wondering why she cannot eat or drink anything. A sip of water makes her nauseous to the point of the throwing up.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

bad mitochondria want no input is why.

WalterNL likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Remember how CRON data operate when mitochondria are toxic.

6. karliin brooks

Yes I figured that was the case however the info hits differently coming from a neurosurgeon rather than a daughter. Should I request iv hydration and if so how many liters? Her kidney are shot. Thank goodness Strawberry Fields is directly across the street from Lenox Hill to help to regain my sanity.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

That has to be decided by those who care for her who know all the variables.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

That spot only helps you if your are eating oysters now..........;)