1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Seriously...

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by indigogirl, May 24, 2012.

1. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Thank you Jack, that was beautiful.

I am grateful for all that I have and for all the beauty and perfection around me.

Will that stop me from stuffing my face with crap when I feel like it?

2. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

If we want and demand the best for ourselves we will stop stuffing our faces with crap. With the help of the BAB, of course!

3. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

LEPTIN RESET

WEEK 1 DAY 1

BAB: 2 slices meatloaf topped with 2 sunny side up eggs, kimchi, iced green tea with stevia

LUNCH: about 1/2 a rotiserie chicken, dill pickle, iced green tea with stevia...still hungry 1 T coconut manna

DINNER: at a dinner mtg at a friend's house: tried to make good choices from what was there-broccoli slaw, but it had dried cranberries and a slightly sweet vinigarette dressing; lentil and feta salad. Then I went off during the meeting and had some things with sugar in them.

SNACKING: about 4:30-protein shake with a cup of frozen berries, protein powder, coconut oil, ground flaxseed and coconut water.

CAFFEINE: no

MOOD: OK, after dinner when I ate junk discouraged

SLEEP: good, slept late 10:10

Starting again today. Eggs not ideal. Snacking not ideal, but I am going to a 6:00 mtg at someone's home and do not know what dinner will be there, felt that going there full was a better option and couldn't face meat/chicken/fish.

Plan: call Shannon Honney and talk to her about working with her again if she will also work with recommendations I get from other Dr's, i.e., Jack, etc.

Wanted to get off Lexapro. Had cut back from 20 mg to 15 mg with Glenn Horres' supervision. Maybe not the best time to do this. Call Glenn about resuming 20 mg.

I am already regretting charting all this!

4. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Looks serious! Your thinking has changed??!!! :)

5. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

lol.......... ;)

6. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Yeah, Paula, it looks serious! But I've done this before :D!

You got it, Souldanzer!

7. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

So I called my old internist (left her a few years ago for a doc a friend raved about who might be a little better as a diagnostician, but is very CW and honestly if I ever get really sick and need to be hospitalized DH's close friend is a liver transplant surgeon who would admit me to the hospital me and oversee my care) and made an appt to see her next week. I need labs done and will talk to her about it.

Also called my GYN and left a message to call me so we can discuss my always being tired...up my Armour? Change my hormones?

8. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Yeah, but I think this time you're doing it right!! Looks like you spent some time THINKING about this....

9. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

I did spend time thinking about it only to cave again tonight.

I am really embarrassed to do this on a public forum.

On some level I'd like to delete it and might.

I just realized I can't use it for accountability or to whip myself when I go off it. I can use it as a tool for me to learn why I fail and take out the judgement I feel when I do.

10. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I want to know about your successes today....

11. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Great idea!

My successes: BAB; calling my GYN to talk about possibly tweaking my thyroid and hormone prescriptions and to discuss cycling my hormones, finding a way to add DHEA and Testosterone w/o breakouts and why she is not cycling my hormones ( hopefully will get a call back tomorrow from her, not a nurse); called an internist I used to use and made an appt for next week to discuss getting some lab work done and to see if she is amenable to working with me and prescribing things Jack and anyone else I consult with might want me on; PMing Jack with questions about a consult, and the most important positive thing I did today was to allow myself to fail and learn from it. Not to use my journal to confess or beat myself up

You just turned me around Souldanzer! This is what I needed...to focus more on my success and to see my failures as learning experiences.

You are one wise lady! Thank you.:cool:

12. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

That's a lot of successes :) I like it!

If you've got a mess, you'll have to start with cleaning up one thing at a time. Either the eggs, or the snacking, or how to handle food at friends' places, or how to improve your mood, or how to change your perspective... whichever one feels doable by itself. I'd pick an easy one that guarantees success for now. I think you could use some.... success :) Don't worry about the other things for now, just set one single, easy goal.

I couldn't have done it today if I got up with the goal of eating perfectly according to leptin rx, AI protocol, circadian cycle (hey, get up with the sun.... after having only slept 4 hours... it won't work). So I picked some things I felt I could do.... success! People thrive on success.... it motivates... it inspires.... it makes you challenge yourself.... it makes you able to handle the failures with a :)

If you challenge people right at the edge of their skill level, they thrive. If you give too easy a task, they get bored. If you give too challenging a task, they give up.

13. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

No more charts...they just make me feel bad if I don't adhere to them strictly.

Sleep was good, but didn't want to get up. Hit the alarm for another 30 minutes. Then got up and reset my alarm for 2 hours. Got back in bed and thought did I really want to sleep until 11, reschedule what I has to do this morning and decided to get up.

BAB: meatloaf, pork sausage, kimchi, iced green tea with stevia

Lunch: smoothie- frozen berries, coconut cream, flaxseeds, protein powder, coconut water, stevia (on the go, needed something quick)

Energy: at 2:15 PM exhausted

14. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I totally agree. Take it easy at first and learn how much of a challenge works well for you. Don't set yourself up for failure by trying to climb the mountain when you're still a beginner hiker.

15. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

Jack...I feel as though I've meditated...wonderful insight...deep thanks.

16. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

I'm not a beginner hiker, but I do need to take baby steps here because I want to change everything NOW, all at once, perfectly :cool:.

FWIW: http://skinnygenesfit.com/welcome/...might be BS, might be useful?

I haven't looked at the above site yet. I do EFT and find that it does take the emotional sting away from past events I rehash. It allows me to think of them dispassionately,or not at all... something that years of therapy never accomplished. EFT has been very effective for people with PTSD.

17. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

"Think things through but then follow through. Challenge yourself. You might surprise yourself with how strong you really are and what you can accomplish."

​Remember this!!!!

18. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

I like EFT as well. The only problem I have is remembering to use it when I need it!

19. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

I know, Paula...I'm the same!

20. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Yep, me too. I can't count the number of times I thought I could skip some intervening step and JUST BE THERE! Sadly, it seems those steps are there for a reason. Maybe by the time I'm 90, I will have learned to be more patient.