1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

serious ice cream - pure energy.

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Made the bullet proof execs ice cream for my son and a couple of his friends. HOLY CRIPES! This stuff tasted good.

I used 3 tbs of maple syrup instead of xylitol (still not gonna do highly processed stuff). I also added cinnamon and used my homemade vanilla.

It was awesome pure energy food. It's basically eggs, super-fats and a little syrup. I put 3 boys out about 1p, and they ran constantly till about 4p. Mine had a few buttery chunks left in, I should have blended a little more.

here is the recipe

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/get-some-ice-cream/

2. It's the creamiest, most gooey ice cream I have ever made. I've mad a lot of different ones: french custard, goat, eggless and coconut milk. I experiiment a lot with flavors like cardamom-tangerine, mexican chocolate, etc. all staying within post reset guidelines with just a little stevia for sweetening, if needed. I love bulletproof! Now I am on a hunt for a recipe that has the results of the bulletproof without the eggs.

3. IceBarbie

IceBarbie New Member

I've made that a few times and last time added chopped pecans so it tasted like Butter Pecan! YUM! I also used Stevia instead of Xylitol. Hubby liked it too. But I still didn't Get Some....lol!

4. BeingVenus

BeingVenus New Member

What IS the deal with xylitol? I won't touch it because I don't want to eat sweets but I just cannot decide if it's Ok or bad. Generally the few times I've ever made my son something sweet I've used coconut sugar but if xylitol is Ok, I would prefer that. Anyone know??? This recipe looks great btw. The few times I've broke out my ice cream maker I've used heavy cream and eggs but this recipe looks awesome. Thanks for posting.

5. Dr Kruse is not cool with xylitol. I just read what he said to someone in the comments on the MSG, Brain, Gut blog. He said:

Go re read my post on Peripheral Neuropathy. Realize that xylitol is a polyol (FODMAP). And they say it is safe because the people making xylitol made sure that was the case in studies they supported and pushed. I don’t advocate for any dietary polyol. I like only raw Stevia with no fillers like Maltodextrin. Usually the liquid is the only one that fits that bill.

6. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

This looks amazing! Yum! I'm totally going to try this out. If I don't have an icecream-maker, is it okay to keep it in a bowl in the freezer,a nd stir it every 30 min for 2-3 hours?

7. BeingVenus

BeingVenus New Member

Ah, good to know. As usual, if something seems to good to be true it generally is. Hahahaha I'll keepsiththe occasional palm sugar or sweetened with overripe bananas.

8. I use mostly Stevia and sometimes the coconut nectar. I've been subbing that in and taking out the agave in nut flour recipes for ages. Now I am using mostly stevia.

9. janagram

janagram New Member

while that sounds good.....I made the best ice cream the other day:

put about 3/4 c. still frozen raspberries in a blender container (mine's a stick blender)

add a bit of vanilla

add heavy cream to cover or almost cover berries

add stevia (your on yr own with amount)

blend............awesome!!!! (its ready immediately!)

10. MJ*

MJ* New Member

How do you make homemade vanilla?

11. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Ooooh, when I can add fruit, I will be trying this out. Sounds yummy. Might even add eggs and maybe coconut milk and freeze.

12. TribalSpice

TribalSpice New Member

I have a thermomix, so make ice cream a fair bit for the kids in summer. My favourite is really simple: a handful of almonds, 1/2 cup coconut cream speed 10 for 1:30 then add 3 frozen bananas and blend for another 20-30 seconds. Serve and enjoy. No added processed sugars at all.

13. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Jennifer,

I've been looking for his blog on Peripheral Neuopathy and can't find it.

Could you please tell me where it is?

Thanks!

14. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

15. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Thx again!

I did look there, but not under "What is...", just under "P"...

16. This thread makes me hungry!