1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sergio’s Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Sergio Valadez, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Sergio Valadez

Sergio Valadez New Member

E

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome. Glad you decided to stop being a voyeur and engage yourself by getting your skin in the game.

Your haplogroup is quite interesting.

The woman who founded this haplotype lived between 6,300 and 10,900 years ago in Europe.

This branch was born in Europe during the last glacial maximum, it sheltered in refugia there. As the ice melted, groups containing this line moved across Europe, resettling.

This means your surface SNPs might be the key to unlocking what is really going on here. You need to upload all your raw data into MTHFR tool and post it.

H10 is NOT a common Mexican clade. Your Mom's lineage and story then become critical in this puzzle. We need more data on her and your grandmother.

Today, the highest frequencies of this line are present in Belgium, where it makes up 6 percent of maternal lineages; in the Netherlands, it makes up approximately 3 percent of maternal lineages. In addition, it is also part of some Jewish Diaspora groups. Overall, this lineage is present at trace frequencies of 1 to 2 percent in Northwestern Europe and a frequency of less than 1 percent in Southern Europe.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    Sergio Valadez and drezy like this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Post latitude of your residence.

4. Sergio Valadez

Thank you so much Dr. Kruse for your response; words can't express how much I appreciate all of the help that you've been for me over the years.

Interesting, I had no idea my mtDNA haplotype was uncommon Mexico.
    Unfortunately, my maternal grandmother died when my mom was only 2 (childbirth complications), so it's going to be a little difficult, though I like a challenge. What kind of data should I be on the lookout for exactly ? Just medical/health history?

Since, the woman who founded my mtDNA haplotype was from Ice Age Europe would it be safe to say that my haplotype is ideal for CT?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  5. Sergio Valadez

@JanSz, I have also added my latitude of residence (34°10'10.32"N). Thanks for your reply.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

welcome Sergio........

Sergio Valadez likes this.
  7. Sergio Valadez

Thanks Caroline, good to be here. :)

caroline likes this.