1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Seeking Transformation: Ravi's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Ravi Sandhu, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Thank you Jan, the devices will arrive soon, but just with the EMR Tek Firwwave and an old 250watt incandescent lamp, I am getting pleasant cognitive benefits from these lights. The Sperti and the Inferno will only add more!

Getting my DHA every day, calming my brain down and regenerating myself.

I went on my 3rd ever date last night, which was fun, and I could totally tell I have come so far, felt so positive, calm, and happy. Such is restoration.

Bodyweight was 206.6lbs today. I have lost 42lbs on Leptin RX and a almost at my goal weight of 200lbs!

Once there, I'll get to 185lbs which should be totally ripped.

It's good to do better.

But there is some way to go for OPTIMAL :D

I am looking forward to the call this Sunday.

Ravi

Sara S and JanSz like this.
  2. Hello dear friends,

I am working away on my process as ever, and am improving in function and capacity. I will get there. I am using my Sperti, my other lights, am taking my supplements, am earthing, managing light, getting DHA every day, and of course, seeing the sunrise.

I took my lab tests recently, I froze my DUTCH Plus samples, and will send them on Monday, and I also froze my testosterone test. I submitted my homocysteine test and got the following results, see attached.

So, if I am to interpret this correctly, I am actually pretty low on homocysteine.

I will get all the results of the other tests back and then we can do some more thinking.

Overall, I am feeling better, but I know there is still some way to go to optimal.

Many thanks as ever,
    Ravi

Attached Files:

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[​IMG]

Ravi Sandhu likes this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

It would seriously help if you could get Spectracell tests

At least check your magnesium.
    ==================================================
    Very low homocysteine (hopefully) could be boosted by SAMe supplementation.
    Likely start with the double recommended dose.
    Retest 2-3months later.

Hopefully others chip in (with their suggestions).

SAMe

upload_2021-11-6_9-22-29.png

upload_2021-11-6_9-29-5.png

Ravi Sandhu likes this.
  5. Hey Jan! Thanks for your posts.

I can look into Spectracell testing.

I went ahead and ordered some SAMe supplements after reading about them online, they will be interesting to experiment with.

Also, I will send off my DUTCH Plus test and the testosterone test upcoming Monday, and once I've got all the results, I will send them to Dr Ettinger.

Happy to keep working with my current process and re-test the homocystein levels in 3 months time after supplementing with SAMe at twice the recommended dose.

Best wishes,
    Ravi

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Offhand, I am thinking that you (initially) may want to dose SAMe and keep on checking your homocysteine.
    The desirable homocysteine level is around (6 -7).
    More often people have overly high homocysteine.
    The picture below is from an article in Lifeextension.com
    I do not remember, but possibly they have also discussed your case. (Worth checking there).

[​IMG]

Ravi Sandhu likes this.
  7. I think this would be very prudent, as the low homocysteine result is a bit puzzling for me.

I am thinking of supplementing with SAMe for a month, and retesting.

I will look into low homocysteine over at life extension and do some diging.

Best wishes,
    Ravi

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Hopefully, you will be able to take care of your homocysteine using (mostly SAMe).
    After you reach that point (I would suggest that you do not press further in that direction) and work on other variables.
    Going further into methylation and genetics would lead you into spending lots of resources (money and time), for minimal gain (if any).

If worst comes to worst, (twice yearly) a trip to Texas or any other place in USA, to do a blood draw for Spectracell analysis would be a more fruitful option (in my opinion).

Dr. Amy Yasko Talks The Methylation Process
    Jan 4, 2021
    ///////////////

Make sure that you know your Growth Hormone status.
    IGF-1
    IGFBP3

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    Ravi Sandhu likes this.
  9. Thanks Jan, I understand, and agree with your thoughts here.

So, I sent off my DUTCH Plus test on Monday, alongside my other test, which was for Testosterone, Cortisol, and DHEA.

Results will come trickling through over the course of the month.

Also, I contacted the lab, who gave me this information about my homocystein result:

"The clinical significance of low homocysteine is largely unknown and there is no consensus on what constitutes a low level, or whether it is something that needs to be corrected. The reference range for this test is 5.2-11.4, however, levels as low as 2 are thought to be within a reasonable range by some.

Individuals supplementing with methylated folate or betaine may show lower levels of homocysteine although there is still debate about the concept of over-methylation. Symptoms of this may, however, include anxiety, depression, panic attacks and sleep disorders.

Excessive oxidative stress may also accelerate the transulfuration pathway towards glutathione production which can also lower homocysteine"

I will begin supplementing with SAMe and will re-test homocysteine in a month or two!

Best wishes,
    Ravi

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Big Pharma speaking.
    Always speaking the truth, (but in a way so they make $$).
    Call Spectracell.
    If you get an answer that you do not like, call them again a few days later.
    They had couple outposts in England island and West Europe.

Ravi Sandhu likes this.
  11. John Schumacher and JanSz like this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The most important (for me) are:

Micronutrient Test
    and
    Lipoprotein Particle Profile (LPP®)
    and I try to do them 2x/year
    you may want (initially) do it 3x/year (but make sure that 4 months passed from previous micronutrient test)

if you have funds get also their:
    Telomere
    MTHFR

https://spectracell.sitewrench.com/search-tests

John Schumacher likes this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

John Schumacher and Ravi Sandhu like this.
  14. I found it uncanny that this is the only UK Spectracell test provider I could find, and it is in Warwickshire! That's where I am from lol.

Well, they have a Warwick clinic, I hope they do the draw there. If not I'll get myself to Dorset which is only a few hrs drive.

I will contact them and get this arranged :)

Thanks Jan,
    Ravi

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Hi Ravi;
    Since you have talked to Spectracell,
    could you please post in one place all the locations (outside the USA) where Spectracell could be had?

Also, any other useful information on Spectracell's topic.

That could benefit other sufferers.

Ravi Sandhu and John Schumacher like this.
  17. Hi Jan!

I actually found that Spectracell draw site through a Google search, I emailed them, and they confirmed they only do the draw in the Dorset clinic as opposed to the Warwickshire one near me. Which is fine, it's only a few hrs drive.

As such, it appears as if the only Spectracell draw site in the UK is the Mens Health Clinic in Dorset.

https://themenshealthclinic.co.uk/health-packages/micronutrient-testing/

I will be making an appointment to get the Spectracell draw, and am happy to provide overall details for anyone else in the UK who may be interested.

Once I have had the draw done, I will be sure to post all useful information, which will hopefully be useful for those outside the USA.

Even for those in Europe, remember, it's only around a 2-3hr flight to get to England. So it will be useful for many people searching for optimal.

Best wishes,
    Ravi

John Schumacher and JanSz like this.
  18. I'm feeling good. Was bouncing around London all day and really did notice, wow, I have some serious energy. Like, I clearly have more energy right now than a lot of these other people.

I began a gut health building regime a short while ago, probiotics, prebiotics, and colostrum powder basically. I also began consuming a good amount of coconut oil every day.

Sorry for TMI below:

-Stools: About a week ago, things began getting a little loose!

And it has persisted since. And all this time, I am feeling better and better.

I am also supplementing Magnesium and Potassium daily like Jan and Dr Ettinger do. Thats 4 tabs of the mag orotate and 4 of the transporters, often twice a day. And then I am doing the half tsp of potassium bicarbonate dissolved in water twice a day.

I also started taking SAMe, 2 tabs a day (2 x RDA).

I am still more or less following LeptinRX, carbs are very low, getting DHA daily, etc.

Following a few members logs, I recall reading one member who had loose stools for about a month after they went on the carnivore diet. He also began to feel much better and have better mental clarity. I must confess, I have had moments of real excellent clarity, calmness and definitely feel like my brain and nervous system are healing.

So next steps from me then, I will wait for my DUTCH Plus and Testosterone, Cortisol, and DHEA tests to come back. I will also schedule a SpectroCell draw.

All results will be posted in due course.

Following gaining the results, I will consult with you fellow members and also schedule a call with Dr Ettinger, and move towards developing a bespoke program for me right now.

I am of course watching the sunrise, using my red light device a few hrs a day, and also using my Sperti for about 10 mins daily. I sleep on an earthing mat.

We're getting there!!

Body progress pic will come soon, it's tricky to get to the gym where I am located right now, but I am doing bodyweight type training. I am still moving around. There is no tub for CT in my current place, back home I would be in a very cold tub 15 mins daily and that was awesome, and I did cold head dunks too for 10 mins wearing a snorkel to keep my head in there. The next place I move to, I will ensure there is a suitable tub for CT and also a deep sink for head dunks. It'll come together.

Best wishes,
    Ravi

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I have nothing but positive experience taking potassium bicarbonate.

I must take magnesium for three reasons:
    muscle cramps at (99%) at night, also 1% during the day
    spectracell tells that I am deficient in magnesium
    when I am woken up by cramps, taking magnesium solves the problem immediately

But taking even a small amount of magnesium causes loose stools for me.
    At the moment, I am trying two systems of taking magnesium, at the same time.
    1. after I took Mg pill at night, I am waiting for the next cramps before I take the next Mg pill. Cramps usually come on the second or third night
    2. I got a liquid, magnesium oil, I spray that under my armpits. (I am running out of skin area, since I am using testosterone gel (Androgel 1.62%)

Before I started Mg supplementation, my stools were, let's say perfect. Now I am going from loose to too hard.
    Loose stools are bad news, it is hard to pass gas not being sure what will come out.
    ==========

I suggest that you sign in to @DrEttinger Patreon.
    Two reasons
    a. you will learn good stuff (most of which is about the same as @Jack Kruse preaches), but he may give you another angle at it.
    b. (not really sure) but I think his Patreon members get a better price on personal visits, plus, during his webinars, at the end of them you may have the opportunity to get a simple question answered.
    Point b. is always highly interested to me, I try to learn from other people's problems.

===================
    Overall, I think that I must have some other problem to take care of first and then the magnesium part will become easier.

20. I am actually on Dr Etingers patreon and I study his posts! His Zoom calls are too late for me, I am in the Uk and it will be 2am, but I will schedule a call with him and get his perspective.

The loose stools have been quite annoying, I think I will reduce the dose of Mg slightly. I am taking a lot! But they did help me with calmness and clarity I feel.

Ravi