1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Seeking Transformation: Ravi's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Ravi Sandhu, Mar 21, 2021.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Good.
    Hopefully, you got the (additional) middle-of-the-night sample. Insomnia salivary sample.
    Before you start taking samples, read the instructions now and a few hours later read them a second time.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Key Info:
    Location: UK (Cloudy and cold, working on 4/5 month break in Spain)
    Height: 6 ft 5
    Weight: 248.8 (Goal - get back to 200lbs)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Post your temperature.
    For a few days measure your temperature when you just waken up, but still lying in the bed.
    Put thermometer deep under the tongue.

Two digits after the coma
    Digital Basal Thermometer
    upload_2021-9-15_7-54-46.png

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Take 7 drops daily of this vitamin D.
    Biotics Research Bio D Mulsion Forte Vitamin D3

https://www.amazon.com/Biotics-Research-Bio-D-Mulsion-Forte-Cardiovascular/dp/B00EZFYD04
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    https://www.jcrowsmarketplace.com/16ozlugolssolution2freedropperbottleandfreeshipping.aspx

J.CROW'S® Lugol's Solution of Iodine 2% 16 oz
    https://www.jcrowsmarketplace.com/16ozlugolssolution2freedropperbottleandfreeshipping.aspx
    1oz. Amber Round Empty Bottle with Dropper

Once-daily squeeze rubber top to get max amount into dropper (about 1cc)
    I put it into my coffee and drink.

Have to be this brand. There are other brands, they miss on the content.
    //////////////////////////////////////////

Ravi Sandhu likes this.
  2. Great day so far, walking around in the sun, then worked from my laptop in the garden, yes I take my meetings in the garden, while grounding!

Just had a wonderful seafood feast for my second meal in Leptin RX. Mussels in garlic sauce, excellent. Served with a side of prawns and 2 x twins of mackerel in tomato sauce. This is how we get DHA, and DHA is vital in this journey. My nutrition right now is basic Leptin RX, I have the BAB, and then have another meal at around 4, and that's me done for the day! Cravings and hunger are not noticeable really, which is a good sign, although I understand I am quite leptin resistant at the moment. But I have the right plan, and the Leptin RX will do it's magic in a few weeks!

The thought of being leptin sensitive, having bags more energy, and dropping all my bodyfat is one that absolutely fills me with joy.

Hi Jan!

Excellent, thanks for this post.

I purchased the DUCTH Gold test, and then saw this post, and emailed them to ask them to upgrade my order to the DUCTH Plus, which is what you refer to here. It should be OK!

I have purchased 2 x Biotics D-Mulsion Forte Vit D and I will take 7 drops daily.

Also purchased the J CROWS Lugol iodine, one full dropper daily with my morning coffee, thanks for the tip Jan!

I will take temp readings the moment I get up, every day, and once I have a week's worth of readings, I will post this to my journal.

To Optimal we come!

Ravi

caroline likes this.
  3. Great so they are sending me the DUCTH Plus test now, so I will get some really good data for myself.

My Beginner's Crypto workshop starts in 20 mins, ready to dive in!

Tomorrow will be in the forest ALL day, so will see the sunrise, have my BAB, drive to the forest (2hr drive), meet my friend and do earthing / be out in sun all day, find somewhere for a seafood dinner, and then watch the sunset.

I will talk Crypto with him as he is one class ahead of me on the workshop series, and will also ask him marketing questions and how to grow a brand.

Today was a good solid day,
    Ravi

ND Hauf and caroline like this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

J CROWS Lugol iodine

This is basically a lifetime commitment.
    Watch out for the rubber on top of the dropper.
    They often become hard and useless.
    If you get good soft rubber, hold on to it. Do not throw it out.
    I think on the way to the destination, the rubber gets wetted with iodine and that eventually destroys the rubber.
    If you get bad rubber, to begin with, buy a new extra dropper.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Fantastic Ravi! You must be so proud of yourself ....You are taking control of your life and your future.
    You can't wait for somebody else to do it for you.

You are investing in yourself on this optimal journey....as Jack always tells us - never settle for a "B" when an "A+" is possible.

Great energy is so important ....never ever settle for less than optimal.

6. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

All day in the woods, grounding, disconnected from the masses and nnEMF, talking crypto......that's my kind of solid. Awesome stuff.

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Get a test:
    Agatston Coronary Artery Calcium Score
    In USA this test costs $100 and is not paid by insurance.
    It is done in places where MRI tests are done.

I am 81+ yo. I had mine done a second time, month ago. This time my score=1
    Couple of years ago score was=2

upload_2021-9-16_8-18-5.png

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    John Schumacher and Ravi Sandhu like this.
  8. Thanks all! Forest was awesome and really we explored a lot of new ideas, tonnes going on for me in life.

ACTIONS
    1) Biotics Research Vit D arrived: I am taking 7 drops daily, under the tongue. Sound good?
    2) J CROWS Iodine arrived. I am taking a full dropper in my morning coffee a la Jan!
    3) I have emailed a local private provider to ask if they can run an Agatston Coronary Artery Calcium test for me.

Lots of time outdoors and grounding. Tomorrow the weather is great and sunny so will be outdoors all day. The weather in the UK will now get colder and sun will be fleeting, but will still always see the sunrise, sunset, and get out as much as possible for light breaks, grounding, and just building stronger and stronger mitochondria.

I am going to be moving to London soon.

I will maintain my practice, of course, and will find ways to live a simpler life. Will be working remotely. Think I will cancel the gym membership and other things to save money and train outdoors with kettlebells, things like that.

It will come together.

We will learn some good stuff from these lab tests.

Ravi

9. Also, my temps for the past two days taken in the morning as Jan said:

Sat 18th: 96.83F (36C)
    Sun 19th: 97.28F (36.2C)

Many thanks,
    Ravi

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

A good temperature is 36.6 °C=97.88 °F

I supplement 20 drops/day in my morning coffee.

Tested using spectracell. Got this results
    Remember, Spectracell does FUNCTIONAL testing.

upload_2021-9-19_8-40-52.png

upload_2021-9-19_8-25-54.png

https://www.spectracell.com/mnt/
    upload_2021-9-19_8-50-20.png

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    John Schumacher likes this.
  11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Yes, train outdoors even when you will have lots of money.

12. I see. I will bring that temp up! I have done some further research into iodine since you recommended this tip Jan, and frankly, I am quite amazed.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11264481/

A deficiency in iodine can, in this study, cause a decrease of IQ by 10-15 points.

I did some more digging, and found a book by Lynne Farrow, a lady who reversed her deep brain fog through iodine therapy.

I use the J CROW stuff in my morning coffee, but I had a bottle of lugols iodine from another manufacturer laying around, and used about 15 drops on my skin. Suddenly, hands became warm and mind became alert and focused, concentration and focus feels better and thoughts are flowing easier.

The case studies I have found when doing research (I use DuckDuckGo for health research Google is awful) when typing 'Iodine brain fog' are really compelling.

I have a low morning temp, which may suggest low thyroid function, so I am very interested in exploring this further. I will keep doing the J CROW iodine in my morning coffee, along with 20 drops of selenium that Jan posted above (I purchased that earlier) and 7 drops of the vit D under the tongue. But I have ordered some Iodoral to see how I get along with it.

I am telling you my thinking does feel clearer just from using these drops on my skin.

Through Light, Water Magnetism I am overall functioning far better than I have in a long time, but some small anxiety and brain fog lingers. I am very curious what will happen with some of the work I am currently doing on my journey to optimal.

I ordered Lynne Farrow's book for my Kindle (don't worry I will read it outside lol) and will report back any interesting findings.....

I have been outdoors in my garden today in the sun, doing some writing, I wrote an article for my website and facebook group and now just reading the aforementioned book, after a few hrs of reading this I will go on to reading Robert Becker's The Body Electric, I still need to really strengthen my understanding of the Quantum Biologic viewpoint but don't worry I am applying myself and I will get there,

Feeling good!

Ravi

John Schumacher and caroline like this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Hypokalemia decreases testosterone production in male mice by altering luteinizing hormone secretion

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8756540/
    https://journals.physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/ajpendo.1998.275.6.e1037
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypokalemia---->>Low potassium

You have low Total testosterone.
    It would be a good idea to test your potassium level.
    Fortunately for Big Pharma, unfortunately for us, potassium level is tested frequently within
    Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP 14)
    That is
    Potassium serum test.
    You have to be half-dead, to be low on that potassium test.
    That test is worst than useless, that test prevents you from looking for a real problem.

There is a better potassium test.
    potassium RBC

You should get that test.

In my case, I had GERD for many decades.
    Eventually (thanks to a guy named Poliquin), I "solved" my problems by eating gastric acid pills and sleeping on a hospital-type inclined bed.
    Poliquin's assumptions and advice were wrong, but it worked like a miracle.

The real problem is the lack of potassium.
    That not only causes low gastric acid, nightly muscle spasms
    but also lowers your LH hormone and you end up with low testosterone.
    Good testosterone levels are not only a happy girlfriend but a strong bones and cardiovascular system.
    This doc opened my eyes to my potassium problem.
    I am on testosterone supplementation since a little before 2000, but possibly you may solve your low testosterone
    @DrEttinger
    https://www.advancedhealing.com/wp-content/uploads/Potassium-BEST.pdf

If you are not able to test your potassium
    there is likely ok if you would eat potassium as suggested above and observe your reactions to it.
    After you eat it, 2-3 minutes later expect a couple of belches, which is a sign of gastric acid reacting with potassium bicarbonate.

upload_2021-9-19_12-45-47.png

Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
    Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) occurs when stomach acid frequently flows back into the tube connecting your mouth and stomach (esophagus). This backwash (acid reflux) can irritate the lining of your esophagus. Many people experience acid reflux from time to time.

upload_2021-9-19_12-57-5.png

https://www.aqua-calc.com/calculate/volume-to-weight

100 US teaspoon= 1.07 kg of potassium bicarbonate powder

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You should consume (eat, swallow), EXCESSIVE amounts of iodine (lugols).
    One dropper full of 2% lugols is about that (excessive) amount.
    Sometimes twice of that may be used.

The halide anions are fluoride (F−), chloride (Cl−), bromide (Br−), iodide (I−) and astatide (At−).
    The idea is that iodine is a halide.
    Iodine is our friend.
    There are other halides, they hurt us.
    If you have excessive iodine for a long time, there is a hope that it will replace those other halides.
    Halides that you got from
    tooth paste (fluoride)
    swimming pool (chloride)
    spa, bread, (bromide)

So,
    Lugol's is only in small part about making thyroid hormones.
    I saw example
    If you use 1550mg iodine.
    50mg would go for making thyroid hormones.
    The 1500 would be used for other than thyroid body functions.
    Then, you need extra for those unfriendly halides.

If you really, really, have more than enough iodine, you will just piss it out. (similarly to potassium, good kidneys can filter out tremendous amounts of potassium. The keyword is GOOD KIDNEYS.
    If you are able to test then,
    eat lugols
    test urine
    eat more lugols
    test urine
    adjust in such a way that 100% of what you eat goes out in the urine.

=======================

15. Jan, that paper was fascinating, I will say I found the evolutionary analysis very cool. I am going to experiment with increasing potassium intake, I purchased a 500g bag of food-grade potassium bicarbonate from Amazon, and will do the dose of 1/2 a tsb 2 x /day. I also purchased the Magnesium supplements listed there, as I think this would be good to explore.

Re. iodine, that sounds really good! I am doing further research and am working my way through Lynne Farrow's book. It appears as if a Iodine protocol is used which features a 2 week bromine/ halogen detox phase, it appears as if 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt is to be consumed 2 x a day for a week, alongside 3000mg vit c and B vits (B2/B3). Iodoral is added at this stage, some start with 12.mg and titrate to 50mg.

Given it may be prudent to consume excessive iodine as you say here, I have ordered 50mg of iodoral to start. I suspect low thyroid/low iodine will be a factor for me, when I consider the low morning temps, occasional cold hands and feet, thin hair, etc.

In sum, we appear to be working towards 2 protocols here in my journey to optimal:

Potassium
    -1/2 tsp potassium bicarbonate 2 x /day
    -3 x magnesium transporter
    -3 magnesium orotate

Iodine
    -Morning Coffee - Daily: JCROW Iodine 1 dropper / Liquid Selenium 20 drops
    -Unrefined sea salt 1/2 tsp dissolved in water 2 x a day for a week
    -Vit C: 3000mg
    -Niacinaminde 500mg

After 1 week
    -Add Iodoral 50mg daily (while continuing iodine in morning coffee, etc)

Vit D
    -7 drops under tongue daily (morning dose)

We can go with this for a while and see how I respond. Obviously, I see the sunrise and sunset every day, spend time outside as much as possible, and practice earthing. I use day time blue blockers any time I am indoors, and evening blue blockers after sunset. I sleep in a totally pitch black room using blackout curtains.

Also practice breathwork every morning, 45mins buteyko breathing.

Still following Leptin RX, bodyweight this morning was 213.6lbs, so it is coming down!

I am hopeful I will reach optimal, my brain function will come back, and as Jan suspects, I hope any issues with low testosterone will be overcome in the process.

Will read more of the Iodine book and let you know what I find, her chapter on her brain fog story is so compelling, her situation was so difficult. She overcame this with iodoral!

Best wishes,
    Ravi

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Unrefined sea salt
    is a generic name.
    Those salts are good.
    You want better.
    Go to that website.
    See the content.
    You are getting "salt" where predominant is NaCl.
    You want "salt" with lots of other stuff, and not so much NaCl.

upload_2021-9-19_15-16-19.png

Ravi Sandhu likes this.
  17. Excellent, many thanks Jan!

I went to bed earlier than usual, was reading Lynne Farrow's book and then just couldn't stay away. I then got up earlier than usual, 6am, feeling great! Sunrise was 6:49AM here in the UK, and it was a nice sunrise today.

Spent time outdoors doing my core workout.

Came inside, and went back through my log.

Jan, I purchased the Red Light device from EMR-Tek you linked to previously. It was actually free shipping to the UK, and I used the discount code "livingwild" for a further discount. Excellent!

I also ordered a homocysteine test, and will make arrangements to have my bloods drawn so I can send this to the lab.

Otherwise, excited to go through the Iodine & Potasium protocols listed above.

DUTCH Plus test will be arriving soon and will give us lots to work with.

Doing some work on crypto. Will not mention crypto here again but just note I am working on it, have everything set up and am making it work and learning.

Plenty of time outside today, work to do, but will also spend time with friends, go to the gym, and then head out for dinner with a friend for a seafood feast.

Best wishes,
    Ravi

18. Had to update my signature....I do not have low energy or poor sleep anymore.

God damn I am proud about that.

It was hard work, believe me, I felt SO bad before.

Now, I am on the way to success in life after years of poor health holding me back.

I will post a pic of my body progress this week.

Ravi

Dr. Marcus Ettinger, JanSz and Sara S like this.
  19. Forgot to add:

Morning Temp: 96.92F

Will bring it up, let's see.

Ravi

JanSz likes this.
  20. Sara S

Sara S New Member

AWESOME..GOOD JOB!!

JanSz and Ravi Sandhu like this.