1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Seeking Harmony - Healing Hashimotos

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by harmony, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Hi Harmony, my mum is in a nursing home, also recently had a UTI which after treatment also brought her more back behind her eyes for a few days. Otherwise it's an occasional unexpected glimpse of who she really is. She went in just in time for the place to become familiar and behaviour patterns to form before we reached the stage we are now at. She feels physically safe in those patterns. Facial recognition is now going, so I am preparing for the next stage by wearing the same distinct blouse with jeans every time I visit her so that if she no longer recognises my face visually she might recognise my "uniform." I am predicting the trend means that presenting myself as a total visual pattern to her now (that she can still relate to the word daughter, but only occasionally comes out with my first name) will help her sometime down the road.

Sending a hug .....

harmony and caroline like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

My heart breaks for you guys ..... I went thru this with my DH - it is all unbelievably heartbreaking. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't remember every sad detail.

harmony likes this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

I forgot to say .... I now get a script from my Doc for compounded preg

harmony likes this.
  4. harmony

harmony Harmony makes things grow lack of it things decay

Thanks Caroline. Yes, loss aches in our heart and our bitter-sweet memories colour our thoughts. Sending you a hug as well, for as they say the only thing worse than caring for someone whose light is dying, is saying goodbye to them. Yet while we still have our memories we can still meet them in our dreams, and gain their advice from thinking about what they would have said which we hear without even thinking about it.

After visiting my dad yesterday though, to catch a glimpse of my dad again was a joy. When the doctor asked if he knew who I was, he answered with my full name. I was so surprised. He also asked "what is Jane doing?" ( my mom, also still alive, but they have been separated 40 years) and murmered the words "A miraculous recovery" as if he is aware that some of his memory has returned to him. When we went to go, he said "goodnight sweetheart". After six months of never being sure if he didn't see me just as another nurse, this was a recognition most euphoric. I know its probably only a temporary glimpse, but it will be a most permanent memory.

Thanks to you as well Sue. As I waited for the ambulance I had a similar, and very welcome, conversation with the woman who stayed online while we waited for it to arrive. About her father who recently died from an aggressive cancer, who she described as a saint for how he had looked after her mother, who didn't recall who he is: and how hard she is finding still caring for her mother who is so self absorbed and stroppy. It is heartbreaking to care for loved ones and watch their memory decline, to make what small changes we can so that they may know on an instinctual level who we are, so they can still feel the warmth of our love. I love that idea about clothing! Sending a big hug in return.

Don't wanna write too much sad stuff as we are all here for hope. But it does warm and ease my heart when people share their dear hearts.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    caroline likes this.
  5. harmony

Also Sue, you reminded me of a question I'd like to ask Jack later. Why people can access some long term memory during delirium but not apparently in dementia. I have been puzzling over that one for a while now...

6. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Mum had no delirium as such, she was checked because of becoming far more confused in a short space of time. Short term memory was far worse. I first wondered if it was something to do with the light frequency emitted by the infection. When the treatment kicked in, the confusion went back to the pre infection state, and she could find words she had been unable to access before. We could hold a conversation that would previously leave her frustrated because she couldn't remember words for even simple objects. The familiar current patterns of the nursing home returned, she felt safe again, but the past remains locked. But in the moment we could have an easy conversation and have a laugh ..... Her sense of humour is still there ....but her ability to verbalise it is now an occasional fleeting gift.

I think I read or heard somewhere that when body temp is at 37c that a healthy body emits and absorbs photons at the same rate. If information is held in the bio field, perhaps the volume of photons emitted during delirium accesses the past memory during the photon exchange, whereas without actual delirium, in dementia it remains locked?

harmony likes this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

In my experience the long term memory was great ....very little short term memory.

And some days were exceptional .....clear and lucid.

Life is such a combination of sad time and happy times ...All part of our loving memories. The happy memories everyday give me a big hug.

When I became more present - everything turned around. On a daily basis I can now see my DH giving me a huge smile and being so happy for me.....but - he was an incredible man.....

We need to take care of the incredible people in our life .....the others have to go

harmony likes this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Because their cells are still capable of performing population inversion. I talk about this in the August 2016 webinar that was released yesterday

harmony likes this.
  9. harmony

People we resonate with are so rare, we love many people for different reasons but those few that we trust to keep us both confidant and humble are so very precious. I love that you remember him like that.

Sue I think perhaps there are degrees of delirium, and with Jacks insight below, perhaps the body temperature explains it. I think its possible the "confusion" you describe was a low range high temperature degree of delirium

Jack, many thanks for giving me "the words" so I can start on the concept, I look forward to watching that webinar when the human needs of the now are not so pressing.

The gate - the doors of perception (on mescalin - Huxley). I was still thinking chemically rather than electrically, in terms of opening a pathway between the states. My son was wondering if the enforced immobility of hospital gave his brain more oxygen. I didn't think in terms of thermodynamics and temperature.

This explains why at a low range high temp he cannot access long term, but still has no interest in the paying attention to anything but the visual anomalies the visual enhancement causes. While at a higher temperature (I assume), he shows in his speech of being a younger self, first with the lincolnshire accent and memories of his father, mother and sister, and also at another time the more adapted english accent of when he travelled but was still english, where his vocabularly and love of words reasserts itself, and his memory talks of his children and wife. When he returns to a normal temperature the dementia returns, the gate closes and his accent is an australian adapted english accent. Its fascinating. I'm really looking forward to learning more.

I came across this link to a list of physics videos, one is on the entanglement gate. On my list of things to follow up on when there is more time. Thanks to you as well, for the "word". My bedside reading currently is Calders book (not kindle) on Einstein to get a better concept of Quantum.

http://www.multimedia.ethz.ch/speak...6-46a3-4745-a2fd-f504a96adc9a&autostart=false

Thanks to all for your comments. Dad is slowly getting better and the geriatrician has been very generous to me for a doctor in such a busy hospital, taking time to stop the melatonin so he can examine any change in the increase in parkinson like symptoms dad has had whilst taking it.

caroline likes this.
  10. harmony

My dad was nearly four weeks in hospital. With the initial UTI, then they trialed him on levadopa, they thought he had pneumonia, he got more and more tired and his cough got worse, I stopped the sinamet trial because it took two nurses to get him to the toilet his blood pressure was so low, then he got the flu. He had delirium and laughed, knew who I was, talked. Then he slept and slept. We were told we should be prepared.

So we waited - but he always said he wasn't going anywhere, and he didn't. He slowly recovered, returned to periods of irresistible sleep, pain in his chest when he swallowed, able to walk but only just. Then they discharged him to the nursing home. His discharge papers said he'd had a 10 day cold. The nurses were awesome, the doctors so busy you rarely caught a glimpse, other patients went home or not. I visited everyday and my sister and I coped.

The first weekend in the home he said "get me out of here, I'm not sick." He isn't alowed to walk unless the physio is there (once a day), a week later he's still on thickened fluids and hasn't had a cup of coffee for three weeks. I am finding this very hard to cope with. He is resigned - he just shakes his head and carefully says very little, participates in balloon bashing, flat "No" to bingo.

This last week I have been hibernating, lying in the sun when its there, (first day of Spring and last two days), playing guitar, reading. A holiday of a sort while I learn how to let the full responsibility of a carer go. Not succeeding. I need to get things done, but he is still in my thoughts - how can I get him back on his feet etc, what I could do at home, I cannot get done there, thinking of ways to make such things doable - failing.

I thought it would be easier, I could return to working on my own health, and in some ways it is. We went out to a show. I can sit in the sun, go back to bed, concentrate on the guitar. I will be up to more active things this week, because the sun has done its work and I'm feeling more up to it. So some cold swims and beach walking this week. Some home projects - the garden, garage, or house. Need to think of how to make money again, but that can wait another week or two.

I am -um- ready to upgrade, not quite maybe, but think perhaps if I leave it again, I will procrastinate again, so although this week may not be THE week, new material will be ready for me when it is that week, even if I'm not quite ready for it yet.

I just have to balance some physical projects with this. Do it better. Schedule stuff. Stop thinking so much. Start doing more. Its a start...

caroline likes this.
  11. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Hi Harmony

When Mum first went into the nursing home it was as if someone had chucked a huge rock into a pond, and the ripples seemed to reverberate through me for days ...... The circumstances were different to yours, my mother was not an easy personality at the best of times, but in hindsight I realised when the shock wave ripples subsided just how much I had needed the respite.

In the longer term if was just "I," and no respite from it, I would go under sooner rather than later, and the ripples of that will reverberate through the family..... not only for Mum but to DH and DS2 who still lives at home ..... to my ability to be a role model to my granddaughters, my ability to earn etc ..... For Mum the nursing home staff and one of my brothers are "my team." Its not ideal but I'm less likely to burn bright for a while but fade out quicker .... The brother on my team has never experienced the ripples going through him or his family in the way I have, but he gets the concept fortunately ...........The other 2, one not so much, one not at all ..... (and I've been off his Christmas card list for 2 years ....:D).

Thinking of you and sending a hug ....:)

caroline likes this.
  12. harmony

Thanks Sue,
    when people know how you feel from personal experience, their understanding resonates in a way that hours of explanation can't create. Those virtual hugs are very welcome!

My dad went into a home near my sister and brother in Sydney - over an hours drive from me on the coast - the distance will force me to let go, as we will mostly only visit fortnightly. This is a actually a good thing for me - for as you say "the ripples of that will reverberate through the family". My DH and sons were pushed aside adjusting to my dads needs, not a totally bad experience for them in the short term, but realistically unsustainable to healthy family relationships.

Now, one brother will visit more often, but works long hours - my other brother cannot as he works full time and looks after our mom. For dad now my sister and the nursing home staff will be his team. Currently, my sister is coping well, but in the longer term stress will hit her too.

So conflicted. Should I "help" more, or will that just make it worse for my sister. Let her form a relationship with the staff to do what she can, but she doesn't like to make waves, but... just sit by and watch my dads legs wither and his continence disappear into pullups because its more convenient for staff to have him sit unriskfully in a chair because only qualified staff can take him to the loo. It makes me want to scream with frustration.

Ah - thanks again - I just an insight. I have never talked to a counsellor despite depression, as I knew what I was depressed about and never wanted chemicals to fix it. Now might be a good time to start before I drive my sister crazy or end up writing too much here. Own the problem, do something about it. Maybe a counsellor can talk me through and help me accept this in order to let go. Or a group, might make that happen next week...

Thinking of you as well and your mom, and so many other quiet people facing similar experiences. Hugs to you.

Sue-UK likes this.
  13. harmony

Yesterday I went for my first cold swim in over a month and the beach was sparkling and beautiful. On the way home I stopped to pick up something from the chemist. As I walked through a small arcade I noticed a counsellor's office, the door was open. It seemed like an invitation, so I put my head round the corner and made an appointment and had my first hour the same day. The Universe works fast when you ask it to! Still sunny today, so made a start on my neglected house.

I am up to a full dropper of iodine daily now, taking selenium drops to bring the 150 selenium tablet total up to 200. Daily pregnenolone got me through the last month, (with only a few shaky days), so continuing this. Taking DHEA brings me out in spots and keeps me awake so I take it only twice a week on a day that doesn't matter. I am noticing the doppler effect as cars drive by, the colours of shadows on white shirts, a parade of spectrum colours under closed eyelids as the day progresses, red in early morning, brown to mid green mid morning, blue around midday (I think it was then, not usually outside at midday), yellow mid afternoon, red to purple at sunset. Protein, mostly seafood breakfast, sometimes skip lunch. Sleeping ok but not as well as before. Outbreaks of the usual complaints when stressed but thats only to be expected. Feeling much calmer now I feel I'm doing something.

caroline likes this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[ quote="harmony, post: 201030, member: 19207"]Yesterday I went for my first cold swim in over a month and the beach was sparkling and beautiful. On the way home I stopped to pick up something from the chemist. As I walked through a small arcade I noticed a counsellor's office, the door was open. It seemed like an invitation, so I put my head round the corner and made an appointment and had my first hour the same day. The Universe works fast when you ask it to! Still sunny today, so made a start on my neglected house.

I am up to a full dropper of iodine daily now, taking selenium drops to bring the 150 selenium tablet total up to 200. Daily pregnenolone got me through the last month, (with only a few shaky days), so continuing this. Taking DHEA brings me out in spots and keeps me awake so I take it only twice a week on a day that doesn't matter. I am noticing the doppler effect as cars drive by, the colours of shadows on white shirts, a parade of spectrum colours under closed eyelids as the day progresses, red in early morning, brown to mid green mid morning, blue around midday (I think it was then, not usually outside at midday), yellow mid afternoon, red to purple at sunset. Protein, mostly seafood breakfast, sometimes skip lunch. Sleeping ok but not as well as before. Outbreaks of the usual complaints when stressed but thats only to be expected. Feeling much calmer now I feel I'm doing something.[/quote]
    =======================================================

Sex (Steroid) Hormones
    • Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS) - the most abundant sex hormone in the body, DHEAS (the sulfated, or bioavailable for of DHEA), is produced by the adrenal glands is the precursor hormone to testosterone and estrogens. DHEAS enhances immunity, reduces autoimmunity, helps prevent cancer, and improves insulin sensitivity, bone health and cognitive function.P,E
    • Androstenedione - precursor hormone to both testosterone and estrogens; occurs in equilibrium with testosterone so an increase in one also increases the other.P
    • Testosterone - clinically associated with increased muscle mass, libido, bone health and a general sense of well being.E
    • Estradiol (E2) - the strongest estrogen; protects blood vessels, increased high density lipoprotein-cholesterol (HDL), prevents bone loss, helps form collagen which benefits the appearance of the skin, improves cognitive function and increases the immune response. However, estradiol also exerts a strong proliferative effect on hormone sensitive tissues like the breast, uterus and ovary so it must be properly balanced with progesterone and other estrogens to prevent the clinical manifestation of estrogen dominance and related cancers.E
    • Estrone (E1) - This estrogen has very strong tissue proliferative effects and may be linked to estrogen dominant conditions like fibrocystic breasts, endometriosis and uterine fibroids. It will create either dangerous or benefical metabolites, depending on a person's nutritional status.
    • Estriol, unconjugated (E3) - weaker estrogen; protective against cancer as it opposes the proliferative effects on the uterus, breast and ovary from the stronger estrogens; particularly high during pregnancy.E
    • Progesterone - selectively balances the effects of estrogen in hormonally sensitive tissue (breast, uterine) as well as in the brain and skin. Progesterone decreases the immune response, promotes bone formation, protects the brain and tends to have a calming effect on mood. It is also a precursor hormone for other sex hormones as well as cortisol and interacts with hormones to regulate metabolism.P,E

P - Precursor hormone - typically converted to other hormones
      E - End point hormone - acts directly on tissues for physiologic effects
      R - Regulating hormone - initiates the production or suppression of other hormones

harmony likes this.
  15. harmony

Hi JanSz,

Thanks for commenting. I can only go by what I feel and what I read and what I have. DHEA is important and I'm low, but the devils in the dosage.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20541662
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16293766

On my "snowflake" meter (ie how I personally react to supplements) endogenous female hormones are problematic for me. Experience says start low.

If you google "DHEA Sahelian" (for a cautious approach) he notes
    "Humans are thought to make between 10 and 15 mg a day. These numbers are lower in women by about 10 to 20 %."
    "Pregnenolone converts into DHEA and progesterone. ("the mother of all hormones" can do she pleases and you'll get what you get!)
    DHEA does not convert into progesterone, rather it converts into estrogen and testosterone."
    "Body hair growth, acne, menstrual changes, etc. are some of the consequences of excess DHEA."
    He doesn't talk about how DHEA acts with pregnenolone. He doesn't trust labs on hormones and suggests not to exceed 5mg daily long term.

Dr Jack wrote : https://www.jackkruse.com/hormone-cpc-1-dhea/

"For DHEA, the “usual” 50 mg dose can make many people aggressive. You may want to begin with a lower dose and titrate it up for effect with your doctor’s blessing. Many people start with 10 mg. "

Jack also mentions DHEA 7 Keto. (I quote below for my own future reference.)

The ladies could consider using the 7 keto version of DHEA and I would keep it below 50mgs a day without testing." "WHY? 7-Keto DHEA is not converted into estrogen or testosterone, so it may be safely taken by women with hormone-dependent diseases like breast cancer." "People over age 40 who do not supplement with DHEA usually have serum levels below 200, and many are below 100, as a steady decline takes place after the third decade in life. There are different precautions for men and women that should be observed."

When a person has a diurnal pattern of cortisol that is abnormal in the AM or late night, you can bet the melatonin axis is off badly. Read the EPCOTx protocol for re engineering gut flora and gut health to you will see how important melatonin really is. Prior to leptin’s ascension in the mammalian brain, I believe melatonin was the most important hormone all life followed because it signals when we are most chemically reduced and able to replenish all our ATP stores and recycle all our worn-out proteins from life’s daily grind.

Scientific studies have shown that 7-Keto can help people burn fat through a process known as “thermogenesis.” Most of you know that I am particular keen on anything tied to thermogenesis. This means the body’s metabolic rate is accelerated, generating heat and energy that consumes calories and burns fat. 7-Keto accomplishes this by boosting the levels of three liver enzymes that stimulate fatty acid oxidation.

Ideally, DHEA replacement therapy should begin with blood testing to establish a base range. Since almost everyone over age 35–40 has lower-than-optimal levels of DHEA, most people begin supplementation and test their blood DHEA levels later to make sure they are taking the proper dose. The more technology with blue light people use the lower the DHEA rate will be. Normal serum reference ranges and ideal ranges of DHEA-S are:

Men 280-640 μ/dL 500-640 μ/dL
    Women 65-380 μ/dL 250-380 μ/dL

When taking DHEA, your doctor may also recommend taking the following other nutrients to maintain a healthy balance:

Melatonin 300 mcg to 3 mg nightly (I like checking salivary levels first)
    Vitamin E 400–800 IU daily (d-tocopheryl succinate)
    Broccoli extract 400 mg daily (as found in Dual-Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract)
    Indole-3-carbinol from cruciferous veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, or brussel sprouts
    Vitamin D3 daily (dosage based upon levels)
    Gamma Tocopherol 200 mg daily
    Increase seafood intake

2x25mg DHEA a week is approx 7mg a day, hence this compromise. I could split some capsules this week into a smaller daily dose...
    I only have DHEA not 7-keto and I need a script for DHEA in Australia. Comments?

Since I have not been able to raise my thyroid meds due to headaches, I'm going to need a different reason to visit my doc for a script! lol, the games we play....