1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Seeking Harmony - Healing Hashimotos

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by harmony, Jul 3, 2016.

1. harmony

harmony Harmony makes things grow lack of it things decay

3 steps forward two steps back today. Work came in late so missed the sun in order to get it done and meet its due back time. So no walk or sun. Might make the sunset. My dad woke nearly every hour last night and when I woke at 4.00 I found him sitting in the dark kitchen, fully dressed, with no idea where his room was, or even where he was. Made him some chamomile tea and honey, (and me the same sans honey) helped him find his room again and went back to bed. My husband has dark circles under his eyes again after already doing that several times, my son said he thought my dad had fallen (if noise was what you go by). Dad has no recollection of it and wasn't noticeably hurt. Back to the melatonin I guess. He is going to need 24 hour care soon I know, we can't do this much longer, but its hard to put someone in a home.

This hit my stress coping mechanism way too early in the day and for the first time since coming off ACE I feel shaky today. Was really hoping to get two calm weeks, so I could get the adrenal test done and see if my cortisol levels had actually improved at all from "supporting them." Gonna sit outside with whats left of the day and a book and make some marinara for dinner. Tomorrow is another day.

Sally thanks for sharing your journal page with me, and I saved your picture for later. That "Quilt" article is very good, a bit simpler to understand for non geeks. It's a journey, I have a lot to take in. No-one reads an encyclopedia in a day and I find too much conflicting information requires decisions I don't feel confident to make until I have had a bit of time to absorb them. Thanks for the links though, on a stronger day I'll leave a better comment.

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

From previous writings:
    ADRENOCORTEX STRESS PROFILE
    Morning 7.4 (6.0-42.0) = (0.26 ug/dL)
    Goal for DHEAs,serum Women 275-400 μg/dL - I was 0.16 ug/dL.
    My last Vit D test Feb2016 was 69 nmol/L (51-200)
    Goal Vitamin D (25-Hydroxyvitamin D)(250nmol/L=100.16ng/mL)

=========================
    That is far out of desirable.

You do not need any testing in this area now.
    You need 4-6 months of strict compliance to the plan, first.

Testing is less critical at this time, nothing changed yet.

I thought that you got plenty of suggestions already,
    just matter of implementing them.

But ask if you are not clear about something.

///////////////

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  3. harmony

JanSz - (Patient thing, sorry if this wasn't clear - this issue has changed) I didn't emphasize that this adrenal test was done 9 months ago. Since then I have been taking ACE at first - max 750 on the worst days (@ 2mg per 50 = approx equivalent max of 750 = 30 cortisol). I started tapering after 3 months, as my body suggested, going down in 50s, to nothing as of two weeks ago .

Now I have stopped taking ACE, I want to know, what the test says NOW. Many of the severe adrenal symptoms are resolved or coming off ACE would have been more problematic for me. I need to know because it will tell me if this protocol worked (for me). So many people have said it doesn't, many people cannot cope with it, and so many people on the Adrenal forums thank the day they started it. My first week on it was euphoric, which told me my body was rewarding me for a good decision.

I think the headaches were an equally firm sign of my bodys displeasure when I kept taking too much when I no longer needed it. (But thats just me)

Symptomatically it was the best thing I ever did. Am I normal now, no, not yet. But on a scale of 1-10 with TEN me being nauseous, shaky, unable to watch a thriller, unable to tolerate the noise of cutlery being thrown in a drawer, perfumes making me shaky, music making me cringe, 2 minute arguments requiring 45 minutes to bring my heart rate back under control, being withdrawn and mean, and feeling like my skin had been sandpapered on the inside - I am currently a ONE. A bit shaky some days especially in the late afternoon, when I get a faint heat in my face. Cold water on the face helps that a lot.

They say you should not be on ANY hormone therapy to get useful results from the adrenal test for at least two weeks prior.

Current Thyroid plan.
    I started the T3 only protocol after reading Paul Robinsons book. It wasn't my first encounter, I had used T3 before according to the circadian method, but I had only read his articles before and also used it in conjuction with T4. In his book he talks about the early morning delivery of the first T3 dose, usually taken around 4am. Then you go back to sleep. In that state he mentions a "wave" sensation as the body takes up the T3. He said that you may need 10mcg to feel it.

I have been dividing into 5mcg doses, as before when I tried 10mcg it was a definite headache. Today I took 10mcg. I felt this sensation quite strongly in a dream state this morning, as several waves breaking over time, as if my brain was gradually ramping up something. Whether that is cortisol, or other cascades of chemicals, or just a dream I don't know. Currently I can "feel" my head but its not a headache (yet). I do believe the ACE affected the uptake of thyroid medication. Maybe now my cortisol is home made again, it will cause less problems. I tried the NDT again after your suggestion, but it currently still leaves me feeling weak and puffy. For now I'll stick with T3 (10mcg) and as little T4 as needed, maybe 50 over 4 days, maybe more.

Journal
    Seafood, a good nights sleep for all, a sunrise with pink clouds and the world looks a lot brighter this morning.

My cup is overflowing with data, (plenty of suggestions) and thats where knowledge comes from, but wisdom comes from contemplation and meditation. The words and concepts of healing protocols are like protein, essential - but the the dots, the dashes and the pauses are other types of nutrients and equally as important to create harmony.

I didn't get sick overnight and I won't heal in a week. I have MRI results to wait for, the adrenal stress test to do (to satisfy my curiosity and to have a recent lab to continue on) and depending on MRI results, I will probably have more tests such as hormone test. Meanwhile I will implement your suggestions and Jacks as well as I can within the confines of life restraints that can't currently be changed.

Hurry up and wait - that is the next few weeks.

JanSz likes this.
  4. harmony

21° day, with sea temperature of 18.9 °C - Absolutely beautiful day today. Still a bit overcast when I got to the beach around 11.00am. Had a nice icy cold swim for 15-20 minutes and an hour and a bit sit and walk on the beach. When I climbed the stairs back to the top where the car is, the sun finally broke out fully, so I stayed a bit longer in the park catching the rays and watching the kids playing. Lot less comments today as the day was warm and the beachgoers were regulars rather than tourists. Bought barramundi on the way home and dad and I had it for lunch. Did get the headache, so had a nap in the afternoon. Tomorrow forcasts of Gale Force winds, glad I got a sunny day in before them.

5. harmony

So much for forecasts! Its a blustery day but the sea was dancing with diamonds. Was starting to dig my heels in like a dog when he hears the word "Bath" and gave myself a stern talking to. Once there of course, it was divine. Why do we limit ourselves to 4 walls when thats just down the road?

Lahelada likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[ quote="harmony, post: 198209, member: 19207"]
    Current Thyroid plan.
    I started the T3 only protocol after reading Paul Robinsons book. It wasn't my first encounter, I had used T3 before according to the circadian method, but I had only read his articles before and also used it in conjuction with T4. In his book he talks about the early morning delivery of the first T3 dose, usually taken around 4am. Then you go back to sleep. In that state he mentions a "wave" sensation as the body takes up the T3. He said that you may need 10mcg to feel it.
    [/quote]

You may want to get dr Kruses opinion on that.
    My opinion, that plan is to ruin whatever is left of circadian rhythm.

reminder
    cortisol first
    thyroid second

/
    cortisol first
    is a shortcut for saying
    work on getting into Circadian Rhythm

/

harmony likes this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Just spending more time outside 4 walls is a move in right direction.

harmony likes this.
  8. harmony

Thanks JanSz, was a cold and windy day today, but supposed to be sunny the rest of the week. So today we just had an hour at lunch in the sun as the wind chill factor was biting. Got most of my work load done today however to clear time for the rest of the week. I am also now taking 2 drops of Lugals (2% I think). Experiencing heat in my face across my cheeks, but its hard to say if its medication, temperature rising, iodine or wind burn, we'll see after a few days.

To "Ask Jack" I need to upgrade which I plan to do soon anyway. I re-read parts of Robinson's book this morning, and was wondering then how his T3CM (recoveringwitht3.com/blog) info fits/conflicts with Dr Kruses's information. Thanks for mentioning it, I will certainly ask.

The adrenal saliva test arrived today and I see my doc tomorrow. Assuming MRI shows nothing pertinent, I will ask if she will test , (serum) DHEAs |Estrone(E1)|Testosterone|Pregnenalone. She may have something else in mind though, so when I ordered the adrernal saliva test I can tick a box to have these tested using the same saliva - articles say this is not as good - but its an option. Thanks again for thinking about me and your help so I know what to ask for, let me know if I forgot something. Hope its warmer in your neck of the woods...

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[ quote="harmony, post: 198285, member: 19207"]Thanks JanSz, was a cold and windy day today, but supposed to be sunny the rest of the week.
    Your, your DH and your Dad's opportunity arrived for CT.
    Also remember to try:
    face immersing in cold water;
    cold showers.

So today we just had an hour at lunch in the sun as the wind chill factor was biting. Got most of my work load done today however to clear time for the rest of the week. I am also now taking 2 drops of Lugals (2% I think).
    Selenium must be first (for a month), specially if there are any doubts if you could accept Lugols.
    Lugol's comes second
    Lugol's increase slowly up to full dropper=0.8cc
    If
    you would have problem accepting that
    depending on severity, you may need some detoxx.

Experiencing heat in my face across my cheeks, but its hard to say if its medication, temperature rising, iodine or wind burn, we'll see after a few days.

To "Ask Jack" I need to upgrade which I plan to do soon anyway. I re-read parts of Robinson's book this morning, and was wondering then how his T3CM (recoveringwitht3.com/blog) info fits/conflicts with Dr Kruses's information. Thanks for mentioning it, I will certainly ask.
    I suggest that you spend available time on reading @Jack Kruse
    You are far away from any thyroid tweaking.

The adrenal saliva test arrived today and I see my doc tomorrow. Assuming MRI shows nothing pertinent, I will ask if she will test , (serum) DHEAs |Estrone(E1)|Testosterone|Pregnenalone.
    E1, E2, E3, progesterone
    Get familiar with list of tests I posted here:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/
    Peruse my other posts on that thread.

She may have something else in mind though, so when I ordered the adrernal saliva test I can tick a box to have these tested using the same saliva - articles say this is not as good - but its an option. Thanks again for thinking about me and your help so I know what to ask for, let me know if I forgot something. Hope its warmer in your neck of the woods...[/quote]
    Regardless, cold or warm, eyes and skin exposure to real sun is important.
    Nothing between you and sun.

//
    How is your H-Pylori and stomach ulcer?

//

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Natural foods with very low glycemic index.

/
    Membrane is close to everything.

/

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  11. harmony

Selenium must be first (for a month), specially if there are any doubts if you could accept Lugols.
    I have been taking selenium daily since thyroid diagnosis. Initially it was a few drops with the Lugals (I don't recall how much that was), then when I couldn't get the drops I got capsules @ 150mcg (selenomethionine 372.2mcg). Is another 50mcg critical?

Even though an Aussie won a Nobel for discovering this, GPs don't really want to do the test. Have asked two other docs and gave up. Chemist was helpful initially and suggested proton pump pills, which took the edge off till I understood more. But I don't want to supress my stomach acid constantly so I then went looking for a cure. Fresh juiced Cabbage juice usually does the trick! No further incidence until I take something that sets it off like undiluted lemon, grapefruit, raw onion. I believe I caused the ulcer by taking borax (even after following dilution instructions) which was one of few things that actually gave relief and reduction of flares from candida. So I don't "think" its H-Pylori. As the cure is massive doses of antibotics I haven't been tempted to ask this doc, I'm pretty sure cabbage juice is better for me. Would you disagree?

Many thanks again JanSz for your prompt help and kindness.

JanSz likes this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[ quote="harmony, post: 198331, member: 19207"]

I have been taking selenium daily since thyroid diagnosis. Initially it was a few drops with the Lugals (I don't recall how much that was), then when I couldn't get the drops I got capsules @ 150mcg (selenomethionine 372.2mcg). Is another 50mcg critical?
    Hard to say, off hand may be ok, but
    My pills have different selenium chemistry content then yours.
    I use 2/day of this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

from other side of label:
    selenium (L-selenomethionine)--50mcg
    selenium(sodium selenite)--------50mcg
    selenium(Se-Methyl L-selenocysteine----100mcg

I recall that one should not eat more than two of this pills.
    I am buying them here:
    https://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-Selenium-Complex-Capsules/dp/B009EA6FZG/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1468497524&sr=8-1&keywords=lef selenium

http://www.lifeextension.com/search#q=And Selenium&sort=relevancy&f:hierarchicalcategory=[Health Protocols]

Thyroid Regulation - 8 - Iodine, Selenium, Hypothyroidism - Life Extension Health Concern
    http://www.lifeextension.com/Protocols/Metabolic-Health/Thyroid-Regulation/Page-08
    People living in areas with low soil selenium content are more likely to develop Hashimoto's disease.123 This may be because a selenium deficiency makes the enzyme glutathione peroxidase less effective.124 Thus selenium supplementation has been suggested for treating Hashimoto’s disease.125

==================
    ==================
    Even though an Aussie won a Nobel for discovering this, GPs don't really want to do the test. Have asked two other docs and gave up. Chemist was helpful initially and suggested proton pump pills, which took the edge off till I understood more. But I don't want to supress my stomach acid constantly so I then went looking for a cure. Fresh juiced Cabbage juice usually does the trick! No further incidence until I take something that sets it off like undiluted lemon, grapefruit, raw onion. I believe I caused the ulcer by taking borax (even after following dilution instructions) which was one of few things that actually gave relief and reduction of flares from candida.
    Borax is good. Helps in variety of problems. It is about its boron content. IIRC up to a teaspoon/day have been tried elsewhere. I was using 1 teaspoon/day for a while, no problems, but I do not have HPylori.

So I don't "think" its H-Pylori. As the cure is massive doses of antibotics I haven't been tempted to ask this doc, I'm pretty sure cabbage juice is better for me. Would you disagree?

Yes I disagree.
    There is someplace @Jack Kruse statement,

when hi says, that normally hi is against antibiotics. HPylori is one of few exceptions. IIRC Lyme would be another.
    Many thanks again JanSz for your prompt help and kindness. [/quote]

You are welcome.

harmony likes this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

http://www.lifeextension.com/Protocols/Metabolic-Health/Thyroid-Regulation/Page-08

Thyroid Regulation
    Nutrients to Support Thyroid Function
    Quick Menu:

Iodine. The body needs iodine to make thyroid hormone. As of the late 1990s, thirty-two European countries were still affected by iodine deficiency.104 In 2007 the WHO estimated that over 30% of the world’s population (2 billion people) has insufficient iodine intake as measured by urinary iodine excretion below 100 µg/L.105 Iodized salt has proven to be effective at preventing iodine deficiency. The Morton Salt Company began selling iodized salt in the United States in 1924.106

Hypothyroidism in the unborn child, congenital hypothyroidism or cretinism, is frequently caused by iodine deficiency. In industrialized countries the incidence is about 1 case in 4500 live births. Yet, the incidence of cretinism can increase to as much as 1 case in 20 live births in areas that have iodine deficiency.107 Because of this, iodine deficiency remains one of the leading causes of mental retardation.108

During pregnancy T4 production doubles, causing increases in daily iodine requirements.109 Iodine deficient pregnant women cannot produce the thyroid hormones that are needed for proper neurological development of their growing babies, and are at high risk of giving birth to infants with cognitive impairment and learning delay. Even moderate iodine deficiency in a pregnant woman can lower her infant’s IQ from 8 to 16 points.110, 111

People who avoid iodized salt or adhere to a salt-restricted diet may become iodine deficient.112 Vegetarians are also at risk of developing iodine deficiency, especially if they eat food grown in low iodine soil.113 Vegans that avoid sea vegetables, are also at higher risk.114

Diets both low and high in iodine are associated with hypothyroidism. This is supported by studies that have shown that both low and high urinary iodine excretion are associated with hypothyroidism.115 High intake of iodine also increases the risk of Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.116

Iodine or foods high in iodine, such as seaweed, are thought useful in treating hypothyroidism but this is probably only true for people who are iodine deficient.113, 114 The upper intake level (UL) of iodine for adults is 1.1mg per day. However, iodine ingestion above this amount is generally well tolerated.117

The amount of supplemental iodine needed for an individual varies widely based on the factors previously listed. It is important to test thyroid function when supplementing with iodine since both low and excessively high intake can contribute to thyroid dysfunction.

Selenium. After iodine, selenium is probably the next most important mineral affecting thyroid function. The thyroid contains more selenium by weight than any other organ.118 Selenium is a necessary component of the enzymes that remove iodine molecules from T4 converting it into T3; without selenium there would be no activation of thyroid hormone. When patients suffering from various forms of thyroid disease were tested for selenium levels, all were found to be lower than normal healthy people.119 Some researchers suggest that selenium supplementation will improve conversion of T4 to T3.120 Selenium also plays a role in protecting the thyroid gland itself. The cells of the thyroid generate hydrogen peroxide and use it to make thyroid hormone. Selenium protects the thyroid gland from the oxidative damage caused by these reactions. Without adequate selenium, high iodine levels lead to destruction of the thyroid gland cells.121,122

People living in areas with low soil selenium content are more likely to develop Hashimoto's disease.123 This may be because a selenium deficiency makes the enzyme glutathione peroxidase less effective.124 Thus selenium supplementation has been suggested for treating Hashimoto’s disease.125

In a placebo controlled study published in 2002, researchers in Germany reported on an experiment in which they gave 200 mcg of sodium selenite daily to patients with Hashimoto's disease and high levels of thyroid peroxidase antibodies. After three months, the thyroid peroxidase antibody levels of the patients taking selenium were decreased by 66.4% compared to their pre-treatment values, and antibody levels returned to normal in nine of the selenium treated patients.126 Austrian researchers reported in 2008 that they were unable to duplicate the results of the earlier study when they did not limit the study population to those with high levels of thyroid peroxidase antibodies. They suggest that selenium supplementation might be of greater benefit to patients with higher disease activity.127

Selenium deficiency is also common in celiac disease, and this may be the tie-in to increased frequency of thyroid problems with celiac disease.128

During severe or prolonged infection, blood levels of selenium, T4, T3 and TSH decrease and the conversion of T4 to T3 slows, inducing a hypothyroid state.129 Because the enzymes that moderate this conversion require selenium, it has been hypothesized that supplementing extra selenium might prevent this decrease in T3 during illness. Supplying extra selenium may decrease mortality from infection, but it does not normalize thyroid hormone levels.130 It seems that the suppression of T3 during sickness is mediated by cytokines, in particular interleukin-6 (IL-6).131 It may be that IL-6 and other cytokines, generated by the infection, limit production of the selenium-enzymes and interfere with hormone production.

Zinc. Zinc may be helpful in patients with low T3 and may contribute to conversion of T4 to T3. In animal studies, zinc deficiency lowered T3 and free T4 concentrations by approximately 30%. Levels of total T4 were not affected by zinc deficiency.132 In a group of patients with low levels of free T3 and normal T4, but elevated rT3 and mild to moderate Zn deficiency, taking oral zinc supplements for 12 months, normalized the serum free T3 and total T3 levels, decreased the rT3 and normalized TSH levels.133

On the other hand, like iodine, too much zinc may suppress thyroid function.134 Very high doses of zinc interfere with copper absorption and can lead to serious and potentially fatal copper deficiency.135,136,137 Thus it is advised to take copper when supplementing with zinc.

Iron. Iron deficiency hinders manufacture of thyroid hormone by reducing activity of the enzyme thyroid peroxidase. In one study 15.7% of women with subclinical hypothyroidism were iron deficient, compared to only 9.8 % of the control group.138 Iron-deficiency anemia decreases, and iron supplementation improves, the beneficial effects of iodine supplementation.139 Treating iron deficient hypothyroid patients with levothyroxine (T4) along with iron improves their iron deficiency anemia more than treatment with iron alone.140

Copper. An August 2010 study revealed that copper is important for normal brain development and its deficiency leaves the hypothalamus unable to regulate thyroid hormone effectively. Copper deficient pregnant rats give birth to infant rats that produce 48% less T3 than those born from healthy mothers.141

Vitamin E. Vitamin E may reduce the oxidative stress caused by hypothyroidism. In one animal study, vitamin E was shown to protect animals from increased oxidation and thyroid cell damage.142 In another study, vitamin E reduced the amount of thyroid cell replication in animals with induced hypothyroidism.143

Vitamin D. Deficiency of vitamin D may increase risk of autoimmune thyroid disease. When adjusted for age, presence of thyroid antibodies was inversely correlated with vitamin D levels in a group of 642 participants (244 males and 398 females) in New Delhi, India.144 Moreover, other evidence suggests that vitamin D deficiency is more common among individuals with thyroid cancer or thyroid nodules, compared to the general population.145 Given the many benefits of adequate vitamin D, it makes sense to supplement if needed.

Vitamin B12. Hypothyroid patients are often vitamin B12 deficient. In a 2008 paper, Pakistani doctors reported that of 116 hypothyroid patients tested for vitamin B12, approximately 40% were deficient.146 It is not clear what the link between B12 deficiency and low thyroid function is, nor if thyroid function will improve with B12 supplementation.147 But, since low B12 causes serious neurologic damage, all hypothyroid patients should be tested.

DHEA and Pregnenolone. Japanese researchers reported that concentrations of DHEA, DHEA-sulfate, and pregnenolone-sulfate are significantly lower in hypothyroid patients compared to age and sex matched healthy controls.148

Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Extract. A 2002 study, using rats, found that treatment with turmeric extract reduced the impact of chemically induced hypothyroidism in terms of thyroid weight, T4, T3 and cholesterol levels.149 Results of a similar trial on rats treated with vitamin E and curcumin, a component found in turmeric, showed that treatment prevented a decline in basal body temperature and protected the liver.150

Rhodiola rosea. Given the fact that stress can influence thyroid status, it may be beneficial for some individuals with hypothyroidism to consider adaptogenic herbs such as Rhodiola.151,152 Adaptogenic herbs support the adrenal glands and can improve the body’s response to stress.153

harmony likes this.
  14. harmony

Just a quick post to say that the MRI showed no pituarity problem or anything else that wasn't "age appropriate" and the thyroid was also "normal" appropriate to Hashis. Doing the adrenal test today and still have some work to finish, will post more tomorrow morning.

JanSz likes this.
  15. harmony

Well the meeting with my doctor went pretty much as I expected. As I said yesterday, the MRI showed no issues to cause the headaches, so my sweet doctor has reached the end of her tether and basically cut me free unless I choose to join her rope.

We both expressed sincere relief that there were no brain/pituitary issues. I told her I had successfully come off cortisol and was redoing the adrenal test, for which she half heartedly gave me a pat on the head and then ignored. She politely asked what the forums said. I replied that the advice was cortisol first, then female hormones and asked what she thought, already knowing by the expression on her face.

She said that even though I feel well on less thyroid medication, her training bound her to advise to increase the medication as I will feel better when my labs are in range. She wrote me a new script for T4 (oroxine in Oz) and a blood test request, and said when I had raised thyroid medication to the "equivalent dosage" of 75 oroxine (in any combination of the three options - T4, T3 or NDT), and not before - to get my blood test and return, at which time she'd consider testing hormones. She did however give me a sheet with the various different symptoms of each hormone to check. From a brief glance I am expecting to be low estrogen, but I havn't examined it carefully yet.

I said I would try to raise, she knows I probably won't. But what else could she do while holding her current beliefs? I respect that, but I am glad I have other choices.

So I will send off the adrenal test and also ask them to do the female hormone panel from the same saliva. After that I will probably do a stool test for H-pylori. Assuming the saliva shows hormone issues I can also pay out to get pregnenalone or DHEAs if a serum result is essential.

Hurry up and wait!

Meanwhile yesterday my blood felt cold as metal. The day was colder, and I had lots of catching up work so didn't have a cold swim to warm me up. Today will be different. I had a longer full on cold shower after the hot this morning in case the puppy (son has an 9 week old German Shepherd) comes over today and I miss my cold swim. Endorphins are endorphins any way you get them.

My heart feels stronger (physically), I am less shakey everyday.

No thyroid medication yesterday or iodine or cold - no red face. I'll gradually experiment to see if it is temperature (cold) meds and/or iodine. At least then I can start trying to understand why.

Three steps forward - only one step back. Saturday morning, washing and shopping to do today.

Lahelada and JanSz like this.
  16. harmony

This week has been like Summer even tho Australia is smack bang in the middle of Winter. I have made it to the beach 3 times, had two cold swims and three long walks, and many hours in the sun on the back deck. Today the wind brought Winter back but the sun shone bright and I still got an hour in the sun after lunch. I have been reading and reading, I discovered the study guides in the beginners area and downloaded them to put on the kindle so I can read outside instead on the pc. I have watched some very long videos, one on colour, one on mitochondria, one on the heart (and probably more). I had pork and steak for breakfast which felt very strange, have started restricting all carbs and dairy (for a few weeks ), had longer cold showers, worn yellow glasses after sunset (and got laughed at), and read some more. Do I feel like I made a dent in my ignorance? If I'm honest, I doubt I even scratched the surface with a fingernail, but its been fascinating and clarifying and illuminating.

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Kindle and computer screen and cell phone screen
    are
    all the same
    from pov of light.
    ==================
    There is a video posted by @Jack Kruse
    title:
    Complementary Spectra in Phototherapy - Basic principles and practical applications.
    ----
    On first viewing I missed big.
    I missed the very first word:
    Complementary

I have likely missed many other important items, but about complementary.

Sun light is the ideal light source that we are build to operate in.
    Suns light have CRI=100
    color rendering Index (CRI)
    candle, incandescent light bulbs are also CRI=100

Complementary
    means that it is newer about one light frequency.
    It is always about two frequency (ranges).

Alexander Wunsch
    https://vimeo.com/alexanderwunsch
    [​IMG]

It is always about short-long

The big couple that we most worry about is

blue-red
    or more precisely:
    {blue -(red/IRA/NIR)}

also
    UV-red couple
    UVa & UVb produce ROS and vit D3
    red light produce ATP & (aOx)

On the end of video dr Wunsch talks about numerous other couples (with much less details).
    ========
    In today's technological world we do not see much sun
    because of the artificial lighting, technology and indoor living we have:
    excess blue,
    are missing (red/IRA/NIR)
    and UVa & UVb

UVa & UVb produce ROS and vit D3
    red light produce ATP & (aOx)
    ==========
    I am always on the lookout for practical remedies (and low cost).

excess blue----->use blue blockers
    missing (red/IRA/NIR) use supplemental (red/IRA/NIR)
    missing UVa & UVb ----->Red Sperti lamp

RubyLux ALL RED High Intensity LED Bulb 640 to 660nm
    [​IMG]

TheraBulb Certified - Infrared Bulb NIR-A Near Infrared Individual Bulb

• Infrared Bulb
    • 850 nm
    • NIR and IR-A (Near Infrared)

https://www.amazon.com/TheraBulb-Certified-Infrared-NIR-Individual/dp/B01855YCXM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_199_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=31H7-cvuUSL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&psc=1&refRID=EK8FB8ZM0C2341PEP5GN

[​IMG]

=========================================
    Sperti Fiji SUN Table Top Tanning Lamp from Fiji
    https://www.amazon.com/Sperti-Fiji-Table-Tanning-Lamp/dp/B001ID8P78/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1469279079&sr=8-1&keywords=sperti fiji sun table top tanning lamp#Ask
    [​IMG]

==============================
    Complementary Spectra in Phototherapy - Basic principles and practical applications.

harmony likes this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Alzheimer, Parkinson's, MS
    are treated using variety of red lights.

==============================

Alzheimer and Parkinson's.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3978916/
    NIR is also used to treat MS

http://www.doctorshealthpress.com/f...ticles/nir-light-treatment-multiple-sclerosis
    ==================================

----------------------------------------
    Excerpts from articles.

It’s a challenging job to determine the right wavelength of light, but the researchers will keep at it. They have found, for instance, that 670 and 830 nanometer light triggers positive changes while 730 nm shows no beneficial effect.

This treatment, which involves the irradiation of tissue with low intensity light in the red to near-infrared wavelength range (600 to 1000 nm), was originally pioneered for the healing of superficial wounds [7] but has been recently shown to have efficacy in protecting the central nervous system.

Mice in the NIr-treated groups were exposed to one 90-second cycle of NIr (670 nm) from a light-emitting device (LED) (WARP 10; Quantum Devices, Barneveld, WI, USA) for 5 days per week over 4 consecutive weeks. Light energy emitted from the LED during each 90-second treatment equates to 4 Joule/cm2; a total of 80 Joule/cm2 was delivered to the skull over the 4 weeks.

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

They say above:

It’s a challenging job to determine the right wavelength of light, but the researchers will keep at it.

How about exposing whole body to the sun at noon.

//////////////

Hint, hint:
    take your dad with you when you go to the beach.

//

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Food guru's like to tell you that surface temperature changes and voltages have no impact on the diet you choose based upon the location you live at. Do you believe this? Latitude, altitude, temperature and population density have all been shown to have some rather interesting changes to Vitamin D3 and K2 levels and on other things that are made of plasma. We know cell water is a form of EZ plasma. We also know that human tissues are dark mode plasma's from Fritz Popp's work. If this is so what implication are we left with when we consider the world we have built is now blue lit and filled with nnEMF? Does this effect dielectric constants of cell water irrespective of food fuel choices?? Does this effect charges on the surfaces of things who's temperature can vary? Is a mitochondria that can fat burn emit different frequencies of light than a mitochondria with high heteroplasmy rates? These are all things not one food guru even considers in their discussions of health, yet it is my focus. Why is that? Don't humans make certain chemicals from sunlight on their surfaces? Yep. The characteristics of the solar spectrum change with temperature variations. This is why metabolic rate varies with fever and normal temperatures. When the temperature is hotter at equatorial regions the spectral lines in sunlight that reach these latitudes are more spread out and less well defined for our eyes and skin aren't they? A "food guru" would never even stop to think about the implications of this question. When we approach the poles and the temperature cools sunlight's spectrum becomes more defined and more narrow. How might this translate to mitochondrial oscillations in every cell? How might it change our muscle mass? Light spectral emissions change with temperature in stars and in every tissue in our body and most food guru's are BLIND to the physics behind it. Could this be another reason why Cold Thermogenesis works so well for people in poor sunlight who have a poor mitochondrial coupling efficiency? This means that light spectra varies with temperature in ways that few of us realize. It also means that eyes of living things at the poles and equator cannot work the same way as they do in the equator as the text books say they should. Do you realize this? The clue that modern man has altered light's spectrum falling to us from the sun's plasma comes from Asia where 97% of teens and young adults now have myopia and doc's have no idea why. I do. They lack UVA and UVB exposure in their eye. Most don't even know we have aUVA receptor on our cornea called neuropsin. This means their eyes are elongated and they are seeing more blue light and less UV and IR light because of some environmental change in and around Asia because of their blue like Pokemon gadgets. The same process is ongoing in the USA. Myopia is more prominent in cities in the USA than in the rural communities. Have you ever stopped to think why? Did you know that blue light has a high color temperature compared to sunlight? Did you know sunlight is unpolarized but all man made light is polarized? This effects K+ ions in cells. Did your food guru's know this? NOPE. Given what I said above, what does this mean for eye balls in Asia or eye balls in urban America? Might they be creating specific diseases related to these altered spectra of light in their local zip codes? DAMN STRAIGHT. This is why Mr. Moore cannot get well with ketosis. What does it mean for the RPE's mitochondria in these eyes? How would this change their eye clocks, eye camera's, and their brain function? Could this change longevity patterns too within these zip codes? The answer is yes to all of the above. My members know this. Why don't you? Still think diet and exercise is a one size fit all approach?

Dawn and JanSz like this.