1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Seeking Harmony - Healing Hashimotos

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by harmony, Jul 3, 2016.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Harmony,
    for starters just make sure that all three of you are mostly naked, outdoor at least 4hrs/day around noon.
    No suntans, no eye glasses, no contacts.
    The rest will come latter.

Best.

2. harmony

harmony Harmony makes things grow lack of it things decay

JanSz :( Sadly today is full cloud and intermittant rain - maybe tomorrow :). Thankyou
    Jack - I read somewhere a comment from you that you are "not zen", you are science. I love Zen, from my 20s when I discovered koans, they are small philosophical stories meant to make students puzzle out their own answers/meanings (as many lessons have multiple components that need to be understood, rather than given a definitive answer) and "enlighten" them to fix that lesson. You are a master of zen comments! Yes, everything is a choice and the closer the choice alligns to nature, the healthier we will remain (in general).

I have prepared for my MRI today by setting myself a series of notes to learn, (that follow a specific pattern ) that go across the fretboard of the guitar. By running them through my head in order to set them in my memory, I hope to distract myself from the noise and claustrophobia I'm likely to expereince and hopefully thereby keep my stress level low. win/win

Thanks for keeping on replying, your support is very welcome and appreciated.

3. harmony

Ha, no stress! Closed my eyes, worked on the sequence, didn't get higher than the fourth fret, but happy to get that far and believe I will remember it. MRI took longer than expected as they used a stain. No worse than being in a construction zone really. The boy waiting to go in after me said I should I have opened my eyes, that "that's the best part"! But I'm a woosey-girl and would probably have got dizzy... Now I keep replaying Hoobastank 's "The Reason" in my head, very MRI like beat in the first few bars. One task ticked off....

4. harmony

"These waves are "tutors" for our cells. I consider illness, cells who have fallen behind in their learning. The more cells are taught to imbibe these waves the sharper they become. With this education when cells learn to coexist with others in tissues, the result enhances the whole function of tissues."

Rt3 is a hog (or a brake). He's been turfed. Perhaps the cells havn't realised he's gone yet. Will keep pondering on that one. Full skin exposure mid winter will cause comments, but I will attempt to grab the next sunny day and meet her at the beach with my swimmies on.

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

FT3 is where the action is.
    Less worry about RT3
    The best FT3 will do nothing without cortisol (working per good circadian rhythm).
    circadian rhythm = sun/no sun=day & nigh
    do not change night to day

//////////
    You are down under. Timeliness may get in the way.
    Most discussion are with folks in norther hemisphere.

Jack talks about mitochondria and that we have some of it bad.
    %heteroplasmy
    the bad one have single oxygen
    the good one have tripple oxygen
    we want to get rid of bad mitochondria
    how

by having very good vit D gotten by sun exposure to the hilt (drunk on the sun)
    (low blood pressure and better insulin are side benefit)
    but still not good enough
    To get rid of bad mitochondria
    recommended is eating according to seasons,
    year round ketosis is bad idea
    --
    Carotenoids are good (carrots, night shades)(in hot season)
    (promotes singlet (bad) to triplets (good) oxygen conversion)
    but carotenoids are bad in bad light

////

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I have been stopped by a cop at night walking near my house in cold, light snow, with not much clothes, lots skin exposed.
    Ended well, now they know me.
    ---
    Head start with lots of naturally obtained vit D helps in enduring.

8. harmony

"The best way to avoid procrastinating is to begin." "No excuses!" Hold me accountable, I hear you both!

(My brain is still whispering excuses and reasons - but I've turned down the volume on that conversation. I'm just not listening to it. )

Ordered the adrenal saliva test today. Priced the test JanSz picked but its a bit out of range atm @ au$1018.00. See my doc next Thursday.

But tomorrow I'm going to the beach for a nice cold swim and some sunbathing!

9. harmony

Tell me a bit about yourself JanSz, you made me laugh, imagining you walking along in the snow with not much clothes, and what that conversation with the cop was like. I can see you are very committed to Jacks "Quilt" and what it offers, and know a great deal about natural, traditional and allopathic remedies and labs, but as well as that, what do you like? Help me get to know you a bit better...

Bonnie likes this.
  10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Welcome, Harmony. Many of us here are learning first-hand that "incurable" diseases are indeed curable, just not with conventional medical techniques. I used to need blood pressure medicine, and steroids for asthma, and Nexium for GERD. It's been years since I've needed those. My scoliosis is just about gone, plantar faciitis gone, and my eyesight has improved dramatically. Who knew that the body could actually cure itself?! For free?? Well, besides Jack I mean...

I think that yes, indeed, your hashimoto's can be healed. Moreover, it absolutely needs to be healed, based on what I have read about it on this website.

Best wishes.
    Sally

harmony likes this.
  11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@nonchalant
    for my sake, would you like to elaborate with some details (the Kruse way) on hashimoto, GERD and eyesight.

12. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi JanSz. The details from Dr. Kruse are rather complex, I couldn't hope to summarize on details. The best I can do would be to say that the body is a self-tuning mechanism that responds perfectly to sunshine and darkness, good water, and the earth's magnetic field, all with help from DHA.

I haven't had hashimotos, but I've been on thyroid medicine. The synchronization of thyroid and stomach acid, and visual acuity, depends on our circadian rhythm, where certain hormones and neurotransmitters and proteins are created at specific times of the day because of specific frequencies of sunlight that occur at those times. If your body is all geared up to make a hormone at 8am, but you are inside, that hormone wont be created, or will be created but not energized so it is useless. If you get outside a couple hours later, great, but that hormone has already missed the window of opportunity because the frequency of sunlight has changed. And if the sun has set, and the body wants to start it's regeneration cycle, but all it sees is artificial light, repair cannot be started until several hours after everything is dark. The problem is that a few hours before sunrise the regeneration has to be stopped, so the body can prepare for awakening. So that window is also relatively short if regeneration has been delayed.

If we can synchronize our circadian rhythms with the sun, our bodies will heal. However, if we are doing everything right, and we are still in a hostile environment with nnEMF, our bodies will have difficulty sensing the earth's magnetic field, and that guidance will be lost. So recovery will be much more difficult.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    Phosphene, Dawn, Penny and 1 other person like this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I would like your opinion on my idea of artificial day/night that would make it more in tune with today's living and working reality.
    Day and night length changes according to seasons.
    Mostly, majority of people work and live at rather steady schedule, regardless of latitude and season.
    My idea of artificial day/night is that
    day=14hrs (say 6AM to 8PM)
    night=10hrs(say 8PM to 6AM)
    try to spend max day time using natural light
    spend sleeping time in total darkness
    during (artificial) day if it is too dark and inside, multiple Exo Terra Solar Glow (reptile) lights are used
    during (artificial) night the first two hrs are lighted with red light, the remaining 8hrs is sleep time, dark is good.

I am implementing this for a while now, it seems to work for me.
    It reinforces (more rigid than natural) circadian rhythm.

/

14. harmony

Hi Sally! thanks for visiting my journal and saying hi, and for your welcome message. It is the best kind of message to read, one that says I've tried it and it works. It reassures you that you are in the right place and gives you hope and the strength to change. Thank you. I am so happy that you have been successful with your own search for healing, and look forward to chatting more.

I have been reading a lot but haven't posted elsewhere on the forum yet. I'm still feeling in transition. On other forums, I can share what I've learned, dosages, supplements, things that worked for me. Here, these things are not the focus, although they may be helpful. Although in my teens and twenties I lived Jacks protocol without even thinking about it - a beach goer, always outside, walked barefoot everywhere, swam summer and winter - but over the last twenty years, I have become digitised and obsessively busy inside, for no other reason than thats what I did.

This is like waking up to me. I think maybe you and some of the others felt the same. It's not "easy" to change habits and upset families in a comfort zone, but its easy to be "me", and things can be re-arranged and families will adjust, and better habits will bring their own rewards.

I like your signature quote "Circadian signaling is what links the stimulus of inflammation to the cycles of regeneration." "Entropy always has the final say" is easy but knowing what signals either decay or regeneration is blindingly new. I'll keep reading through your answer to JanSz as well, are there Quilt articles where Jack gives details on the specific times or is that a webinar info?

Thanks again for the welcome - Julie

15. harmony

JanSz - I went to the beach at 12.30 and arrived home at 3.45. I swam - it was invigorating! I lay in the sun but it hid behind cloud, so I walked for an hour on the beach and back through the bush from the lighthouse, still in my swimmies. Lots of comments from people in hats and scarves, glances and whispers from some, one lady said it was inspiring! All that really matters is it was fun, and very doable again....

"for whatever we lose (like a you or a me)
    it's always ourselves we find in the sea" ee cummings

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Skin must be hardened to sun. Cloudy days are good for you now.
    Anyhow, some UV is getting thru clouds so be careful first 2-3 weeks.
    Take glasses off and look at the sky, as near to sun as comfortable.
    Take your husband and dad with you.

.----
    All this that @Jack Kruse tells us is important and wake-up call.
    Yesterday one of young people I know, late 20's, well build, physical therapist, still fresh PHD, new wife, multitude of daily hours in hospital.
    Recently, days or week, got gravely tired.
    They are still checking him but preliminarily, brain viral disease or Parkinson's.
    Father & Mother in tears.
    They are going to keep him in a hospital, bright blue lights, 2AM wake him up to check his vitals.

In Jack's speak
    Wrong Circadian Rhythm, high exposure to non native light and nnEMF is the likely reason for this mismatch.

/
    My take from Jack's June webinar:
    He see's a future in humanity, hopefully bright, just hard to come by for currently born due to major changes to environment that we have created and live in.
    New born models are coming with new and changed snp's. Some of them may be successful. Some people are already HIV resistant.
    Recall hemochromatosis story from earlier centuries, Celtic curse.

Efforts to cure (current) cancer or HIV or other neolithic diseases may only delay findings the new models that are better suited to available environment.

Those who are already born must follow their user manual.
    They may help them self by better understanding how they are build and accommodate to their requirements.
    ---
    Diesel engines are stronger and more efficient than gas engines.
    Do not use diesel fuel if you have gas engine.

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Selenium deficiency increases plasma T4 and decreases T3

https://www.nrv.gov.au/nutrients/selenium
    ===========================================

Selenium deficiency in conjunction with iodine-deficiency has also been reported to increase the risk of cretinism
    =========================

https://www.jackkruse.com/hashimotos-and-melasma/
    CPC #9: HASHIMOTO’s AND MELASMA: GATEWAY DISEASES

===========================
    If one forgets about a horse,
    it still means that there is Selenium deficiency in Australia

Selenium deficiency in Australia - What it means for your horse

https://www.virbac.com.au/home/hors...es/nutrition-feeding/selenium-deficiency.html

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  19. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Julie, CT7 was our first detailed introduction to circadian biology. https://www.jackkruse.com/cold-thermogenesis-7/
    I also drew this crude drawing of my interpretation of that blog:https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/goodbye-city-life.12817/page-14#post-198142
    More recently in the Time series he has discussed other hormones at other sunlight frequencies.

Dawn likes this.
  20. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Sounds good, JanSz.
    I think the reptile lights during the day would be good indoors, though I don't have any. I plan to use something like that this Winter. I always read by a red light about an hour before bed.

JanSz likes this.