1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Seeking Harmony - Healing Hashimotos

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by harmony, Jul 3, 2016.

1. harmony

harmony Harmony makes things grow lack of it things decay

It has been fascinating reading Dr Jack's posts and some of the forum threads. I have a basic grasp now of some of his key concepts and have made a start on some of the changes. Small but promising steps.

Being the cook for a family of 4 includes some stumbling blocks to completely changing my diet.But being dependent on someone providing me my meals would be harder. Also, re-arranging the day to fit in hours of sun, walks etc must be something everyone has had to re-organize to do, so any tips welcome.

I believe these small changes have already had an effect. My main current "swing" dilemma is my medication. Specifically - should I take more or less.

I was diagnosed with hashimotos/hypothyroidism at the start of 2011, after having tried the usual chemist remedies to cure persistent vag thrush to no relief. The journey since then has been the usual hypo story I guess, initial T4 meds, worsening of symptoms, joining forums, doing the STTM protocols, trying NDT and T3 as addons to T4 meds or on their own. Adding supplements, quitting gluten and sugar, trying various natural remedies like adaptogens. I had many ok months and some bad months. Never felt "optimal" since I started on thyroid meds.

After a decade of financial debt with its ongoing stress, then choosing bankruptcy to remove it, I then chose to have my father (89) come live with us, as he developed vascular dementia after a stroke. After starting to improve somewhat from being debtless, my stress level increased again then, and my health went haywire.

Kept trying options - kept going nowhere.

At the end of last year, I had enough spare money to follow more expensive paths. Due to the "stress" factor, I believed my increasing unwellness was probably adrenal. I ordered the adrenal saliva test. This returned with 4 lows and low DHEA.

My doctor is great, she was the only doc (of six prior) that agreed to prescribe NDT. Nonetheless, she had just spent two years sending me away with blood tests results that showed I was fine. She finally agreed to test my cortisol after my blood pressure went haywire and I had edema in the calves and feet. But she chose a cortisol blood test which returned in range. As she got ready to send me away for another 6 months, I showed her the saliva cortisol test results. She agreed that the HPA axis was a possible cause but still didn't feel it was time to test pituitory. She prescribed pregnenolone, I pushed to try hydrocortisone as per STTM. Pregnenalone made me pulse and feel worse, although creatively it was nice for visual things, a bit trippy.

After consulting the STTM forums, I started taking ACE (Adrenal Cortex).
    This relieved many of the worst symptoms, pain - muscle, bone, joints, the excessive jumpiness and sensitivity to all stimulants, light, noise, music!(how could music ever feel jarring to someone who loves it like I do?), perfumes, arguments, bad events, being mean (I'm not ususally mean except 1 day PMT before my cycle stopped) etc etc. I did really well on it for about three months, apart from palpitations and weakness sometimes, and edginess.

About then I discovered Dr Kruse's writings. Towards the end of Summer in Australia, I started to get more sun (and got a tan), stopped working on the pc at night, went to bed at 8.30pm and woke at dawn, tripled the seafood consumption. I walked more - barefoot if possible (not enough), take a hot then cold shower (nice in Summer, but still doing in Winter), swim in the cold sea (Can't seem to quite organise that one yet in Winter).

Wow! I actually left a comment on the blog to say thankyou to Jack - because this gave me back what nothing else had yet - my natural joy. I looked out on nature's colours and they lifted my heart again, just as they used to. I stopped snapping at my family (ALL the time) and found my love and tolerance for them again. I came partially out of my shell like a shy hermit crab. Not suddenly social, but less anti-social.

This was great- mega awesome! No buts. However, I developed new physical symptoms.

My thyroid medication "feels" like it is too much. It gives me a "heated forehead/sore eyes" headache, or makes me feel ill (NDT) when I take it. I feel well on a day when I don't. My labs however (as I have reduced what I've been taking) are showing I am undermedicated.

Recently (last 3mths) I started gradually reducing the ACE. The extreme symptoms I was having were mostly gone, I started to forget to take it. I develped mild facial heat in the afternoons (adrenal spiking?). As of five days ago now, I haven't taken any at all.

My doc is sending me for an MRI this Thursday for the headaches I'm getting when I take the thyroid medication. I believe its a T3 overdose headache. However I am also getting a normal headache with T4.

Initially I was on NDT. I cut NDT meds in half, then half again by taking every second day. I did try coming off altogether but crashed at 5 days off.

Then I tried T3 only as Rt3 was somewhat high. After three months of this, Rt3 is currently low, but I still could not raise T3 without getting this damn headache.

So last week I went back to a T4 + T3 combination. 50xT4 gives me a headache, I can tolerate 25 the next day. Anything over 5mcg T3 gives me a headache and dehydration. So the current dose I am on is 25xT4 at night and 5xT3 in the morning. It still feels like too much, and there is a concern that the Rt3 will rise again.

In Jack's book he says that Hashimoto sufferers can heal if they will let go of meds. The STTM forums, my doctor, my family are all saying it's not possible. I am swinging from one point of view to the other, because my body isn't well yet, but indicates it could be. It would be mad to be stupid about it, but crazy not to try for optimal. Hence I am here, seeking harmony and to heal Hashimotos.

I know you will need more information than this, but I just wanted to start with this summary.

I can see there are other people with thyroid issues on the forum. Maybe some people have a similar experience that can help me. I welcome any hi's, questions or advice.

As I'm in Australia, it may be a day before you see an answer, just due to the time difference sometimes. We sleep back to front down under.

Klee likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Harmony makes things grow in controlled fashion, the lack of waves, akin to the lack of instruments in a band cause sys-synchrony and decay.

Welcome and love this idea you've infect me with now.

harmony likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

What part of OZ are you in?

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

What latitude, altitude and population density?

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[ quote="Jack Kruse, post: 191047, member: 1031"]
    1. Look at the sun every morning and get 30-90 minutes outside every day
    2. Be grounded.........100% of the time
    3. Drink good water.
    4. avoid blue light and nnEMF.

How hard was that?[/quote]

Charyam likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Melatonin and cortisol are major hormones of Circadian Rhythm.
    Presence of melatonin suppresses cortisol.
    Best is to have blood cortisol(7;30AM)=~20ug/dL and then follow the curve.
    Or more accurately, follow the needs of current minute.
    Melatonin is mainly produced in pineal gland also in the eye.
    Occular melatonin is produced in the eye under UV exposure.
    UV exists in sunlight for two hrs before and two hrs after solar noon.
    Solar noon is offset by one hour due to (summer sawing time)
    In summer clock is moved ahead by 1 hr, UV is present 11AM-3PM.
    Pineal melatonin production is stopped by exposure to blue light, 460-480nm
    To have a good night sleep, UV exposure is need (in mid day) and lack of blue light about 2-3 hrs before bed time.
    UV light that is present at earth surface is made of UVA and UVB (UVC - the bad one, is stopped by upper atmosphere)
    To stop pineal melatonin production, when getting of the bed, look at sun, sky, bright light containing blue, Exo Terra Solar Glow 160W.
    UVA --- skin tan, melanin, thyroid
    UVB --- vit D(sulfate) ie; not the same as in supplements
    Do not use synthetic T4(Synthroid), to make it work body must convert it to T3 first, many people are not able to make that conversion
    Sun exposure makes blood pressure lower.
    Desirable cortisol level fluctuates during the day.
    There are two ways that fluctuation happens, average and instantaneous.
    On the chart dotted line indicate instantaneous (temporary).
    Do not use supplemental cortisol (Hydrocortisone, Medrol, Prednisolone, etc)
    They will keep cortisol level constant, not even average, forget about instantaneous body needs.
    When faced with need of supplementing low cortisol,
    best is to start with pregnenolone,
    second best progesterone

dose must be (at least) big enough to achieve cortisol,serum(7;30) as above.
    Latter, that dose may need to be adjusted to account for found pregnenolone and progesterone levels.
    There is also a long list of micronutrients that may be need to support intermediate pathways.
    Selenium and iodine/potassium iodide as listed on post above are major, major, major
    Instead of guessing (for the next fifteen years) what those needs are, use
    Spectracell Micronutrients analysis.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

harmony likes this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Take off glasses, hold them in hand, use only when need to see details.
    Glasses stop UV light, UV light is what regulates Circadian Rhythm.
    Same with window pane. For UV to work there must be nothing between eye and sunrays.
    Same with rest of the skin, soap and water only. Not really sure about soap.
    When sun exposure is scarce, do not shower right after sun exposure, you will wash off the freshly made vit D.
    Eat sulfur, garlic, onions, leeks, MSM. The vit D made by sun-rays is sulfated, needs sulfur.
    It is not the same as vit D in supplements.
    -----------------
    Do not use vit D supplements but get vit D naturally using sunlight, get little over:
    Vitamin D (25-Hydroxyvitamin D)(250nmol/L=100.16ng/mL)
    -----------------

Lack of progesterone=headache, migraine
    See post above how to get it right.
    Progesterone must be high enough to dominate (be able to control) estrogens

Right progesterone level (first cut)
    is what results in good high cortisol,serum 7:30AM and cortisol,saliva at 7;30AM
    menstruating vary in time, first half low about same as for man
    menopausal steady in time, may get to 15-20ng/ml

Do not use statins for lowering cholesterol.
    ------------------
    Until you get Circadian Rhythm in order
    do not put much effort into adjusting thyroid, will not work.
    If need supplement with Natural Thyroid but do not expect much.

Do not use T4, Synthroid or other names.
    For T4 to work it have to be converted to T3, many people cannot do it.

Use selenium and (lots of) iodine/potassium iodide

1/day-->Super Selenium Complex, 200 mcg 100 capsules (lef.org)

after 1 month on selenium, continue selenium add slowly until you reach (below)

1 dropperfull/day=48mg/day
    Lugol's Iodine Family Pack -- 6 (2 fl. oz.) bottles
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3B49R2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00
    companion-nutrients-the-key-to-iodine-protocol
    http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/2013/12/29/companion-nutrients-the-key-to-iodine-protocol/

//

I am not a doctor.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    Dawn and harmony like this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

JanSZ ain't a doc but he sure gets it...........The man who believes that the secrets of the world are forever hidden lives in mystery and fear. Superstition and religion may drag him down. To remain free to think you must open your mind to all possibilities, all trains of thought. The Universe is not a one lane highway. The rain will erode the deeds of his life. But that man who sets himself the task of singling out the thread of order from the tapestry life has built, will by the decision alone, have taken charge of the world. I want to know about our world.......like no one else does. That is reward enough for me. Theories and Paradigms are too restrictive when you are seeking what I am seeking.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    harmony, JanSz and lohd2015 like this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

This returned with 4 lows and low DHEA.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    The 4 lows tackled above.

Goal for
    DHEAs,serum
    Women 275-400 μg/dL

DHEA influences
    Testosterone, Estrone(E1)
    check their levels

Use DHEA pills

Since we need skin for sun exposure
    avoid/minimize any transdermal medications

////////////////////

10. harmony

Hi Dr Jack! Thanks for the warm welcome message and pleased to have given you something inspirational to think on. You have certainly inspired me to do a lot of thinking. I love the word harmony, harmonious music and colour, and family interactions. Am a bit puzzled by the combo-word sys-synchrony, looking it up I found auditory neuropathy, is that how you used it, or did you mean something else? I also thank you for your encouragement, I need it sometimes. "open your mind to all possibilities, all trains of thought." I have a curious nature and always look for options, but creating new habits against opposition can easily defeat me, its why I love your unswerving enthusiam, its very inspiring.

I live on the Central Coast, NSW, it is located on the coast approx an hours drive north of Sydney and has an estimated population of 323,079 as at June 2014. I live in Lake Haven, near a lake and 10 mins drive from the ocean, Height Above Sea Level:19.71 meters 33° 14' S / 151° 30' E. In the 2011 census the population of Lake Haven was 3,369. We have lived here for 22 years now. It's a beautiful place, mostly quiet and peaceful, good place for the kids to grow up in, but lacks city facilities and entertainments, and not much work for young people. We have a brick house, with wooden floors and a deck out back looking onto a garden. I don't own a mobile phone, power cables are underground, but we do have wi-fi internet.

11. harmony

JanSz thank you for your detailed reply, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. I didn't expect so much info, so soon.

Some of what you say and recommend is familiar and in hand, some I'll need to learn, and then implement. I've put some comments below with figures. I was going to attach a spreadsheet with blood test history, but it didn't show excel as an option. Probably don't need that much history anyway, but I can dropbox it and post a link if you do.

My last Vit D test Feb2016 was 69 nmol/L (51-200) | more sun and seafood needed. Taking supplemental vit D makes my bones hurt.

I've consistently refused statins, after seeing my dad on them and researching them after my dads stroke. My doc borders on calling me uncomplient, but she is genuinely concerned and sticks with me.

I have taken selenium since I started thyroid meds, lucky with my first doc who was supplement friendly, but unfortunately he retired. He also started me on 8 drops Lugals and colloidal minerals, but after a while I was swayed by docs saying not to take iodine for Hashimotos. It's only recently I read that taking selenium with iodine should be ok.

I take magnesium 900/ zinc 30/ Vit E 500/Vit C w bioflavanoids 1000/half a multi vit B tablet/selenium 150/ daily. This has been my base supps for approx 5 years, although I increased magnesium from 600 and vit C from 500 when I started adrenal treatment.

My blood cortisol result was 381.0 nmol/L = 13.80µg/dL at 7.30 am 09/2015 (highest result - others were taken at 8 or 9am and were lower)
    That is lower than the 20µg/dL. The saliva test results are below, same date.

ADRENOCORTEX STRESS PROFILE
    Morning 7.4 (6.0-42.0) = (0.26 ug/dL) Midday 5.2 (2.0-11.0) = (0.18 ug/dL)
    Afternoon 3.2 (2.0-11.0) = (0.11 ug/dL) Evening 1.5 (1.0-8.0) = (0.05 ug/dL)
    Cortisol Total 17.3 (11.0-76.0) = (0.18 ug/dL)
    DHEAS PROFILE MORNING 4.5 (2.5-25.0) n/molL = 0.16 ug/dL
    DHEAS/CORTISOL RATIO 0.61H (0.20-0.60)

Goal for DHEAs,serum Women 275-400 μg/dL - I was 0.16 ug/dL.
    Thats a big difference! I have some DHEA but havn't taken it because some said pregnenalone or cortisone might balance it out. Now that I am off ACE and pregnenalone I can redo the saliva test. Have to wait another week though. I'm feeling much better, but don't know if its enough. If DHEA is still low - does it need to be a particular type of pill? Is there a recommended dose?

I was on a low dose of pregnenalone before, just 20 every other day, it actually felt like pregnenalone was stealing my cortisol rather than the other way around. I only took melatonin once and it also made me feel needy for cortisol, so I didn't take it again.

My sleep is pretty good now. I used to wake often, especially at 3.00 am and be unable to go back to sleep. Now I sleep from around 9.00 after reading a kindle a while, often wake up to pee and go back to sleep, then wake between 4 and 5am. This has been when I take the T3 and often I will sleep again after a cup of tea and p-nut butter toast. If the suns rising I just get up, approx 5.30-6am atm.

I think I will call the compounding chemist to check they havn't made any change in their compounding of NDT. If not, I'll try and return to it, if I can find a dose I can tolerate. Didn't take anything today and feel pretty good. Just taper off as I can, if I can.

Not certain I need an MRI, but figure it may be wise to find out what it says. If it shows nothing, its something I can cross off, if there is something it can be addressed.

So the plan is get the MRI and results. Ask the doc to test progesterone and if willing Testosterone, Estrone(E1). (She tried to test pregnenalone before but couldn't find a path who did it.)

Get a new adrenal saliva test after another week. Start taking Lugols iodine again - maybe 2 drops to start and working up to - 1 dropperfull/day=48mg/day?

I checked Spectracell Micronutrients analysis but they don't have collection agency in Australia. I get the adrenal saliva test from Nutripath. Not sure if they do something similar.

http://nutripath.com.au/test-panels/

I have a plan to go on with and it's so nice when you decide, it's such a relief from the swinging, even if if you know it leads to more decisions and things to try. Onward and upward though, always towards the light! Once again JanSz, many thanks for your time, and I fully appreciate how much time it takes.

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Dys-Synchrony was supposed to be the word.

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

harmony Female
    Birthday: Feb 20, 1957 (Age: 59)
    Lake Haven, New South Wales Postcode: 2263
    Latitude: -33.240
    Longitude: 151.502

Dx: HSV2, Migraine (hormonally triggered-after 1st child),
    Hashimoto 2011 +
    Adrenal Insuff,
    Persistent Vag Thrush,
    Small Stomach Ulcer,
    Surgery: Tonsils (age6), Appendix (age9), Endometrial ablation (age49)

Endometrial ablation is a procedure that surgically destroys (ablates) the lining of your uterus (endometrium). The goal of endometrial ablation is to reduce menstrual flow. In some women, menstrual flow may stop completely.

HSV 2: Herpes Simplex Virus – Type 2, Genital Herpes.
    http://hsv2.net/
    For many of those who suffer from herpes simplex 1 or herpes simplex 2 (HSV-1, HSV-2), the thought of spreading the virus to someone else is constant and worrisome.
    =================================
    please post
    are you menstruating or menapausal?
    migraines, headaches are often sign of low progesterone
    progesterone is part of steroid horome panel
    other are crtisol, DHEA, DHEAs, testosterone
    all seem to be in havoc

Check for H-Pylori, if found, get rid of it
    Afterward
    check stomach acid acidity
    often low,
    if low with each meal eat Betaine HCL with pepsin
    must experimentally figure out proper dose (latter)

==================================
    Post the excel spreadsheet
    dropbox is ok

Bad news about lack of Spectracell
    Try to replace it with:
    http://nutripath.com.au/product/nutreval-profile-blood-test-code-4049/
    NutrEval Profile – Urine & Blood (Test Code 4049)

or
    http://www.bodybio.com/storecategory110.aspx
    http://www.bodybio.com/storeproduct408.aspx
    Liquid Mineral Set #1-8
    -------
    What is your
    homocysteine?
    -------
    /

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[ quote="harmony, post: 197831, member: 19207"]JanSz thank you for your detailed reply, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. I didn't expect so much info, so soon.

Some of what you say and recommend is familiar and in hand, some I'll need to learn, and then implement. I've put some comments below with figures. I was going to attach a spreadsheet with blood test history, but it didn't show excel as an option. Probably don't need that much history anyway, but I can dropbox it and post a link if you do.
    yes, dropbox it

My last Vit D test Feb2016 was 69 nmol/L (51-200) | more sun and seafood needed. Taking supplemental vit D makes my bones hurt.
    Do not use supplemental vit D
    Get
    Vitamin D (25-Hydroxyvitamin D)(250nmol/L=100.16ng/mL)
    using sunlight

I've consistently refused statins, after seeing my dad on them and researching them after my dads stroke. My doc borders on calling me uncomplient, but she is genuinely concerned and sticks with me.

I have taken selenium since I started thyroid meds, lucky with my first doc who was supplement friendly, but unfortunately he retired. He also started me on 8 drops Lugals and colloidal minerals, but after a while I was swayed by docs saying not to take iodine for Hashimotos. It's only recently I read that taking selenium with iodine should be ok.
    go for it, doses as in my post above

I take magnesium 900/ zinc 30/ Vit E 500/Vit C w bioflavanoids 1000/half a multi vit B tablet/selenium 150/ daily. This has been my base supps for approx 5 years, although I increased magnesium from 600 and vit C from 500 when I started adrenal treatment.
    What is your homocysteine?

My blood cortisol result was 381.0 nmol/L = 13.80µg/dL at 7.30 am 09/2015 (highest result - others were taken at 8 or 9am and were lower)
    That is lower than the 20µg/dL. The saliva test results are below, same date.

ADRENOCORTEX STRESS PROFILE
    Morning 7.4 (6.0-42.0) = (0.26 ug/dL) Midday 5.2 (2.0-11.0) = (0.18 ug/dL)
    Afternoon 3.2 (2.0-11.0) = (0.11 ug/dL) Evening 1.5 (1.0-8.0) = (0.05 ug/dL)
    Cortisol Total 17.3 (11.0-76.0) = (0.18 ug/dL)
    DHEAS PROFILE MORNING 4.5 (2.5-25.0) n/molL = 0.16 ug/dL
    DHEAS/CORTISOL RATIO 0.61H (0.20-0.60)

Goal for DHEAs,serum Women 275-400 μg/dL - I was 0.16 ug/dL.
    Thats a big difference! I have some DHEA but havn't taken it because some said pregnenalone or cortisone might balance it out. Now that I am off ACE and pregnenalone I can redo the saliva test. Have to wait another week though. I'm feeling much better, but don't know if its enough. If DHEA is still low - does it need to be a particular type of pill? Is there a recommended dose?

Start with 50mg/day DHEA pills, I use from lef.org, usually any are good, pills, no creams
    Also ether pregnenolone, at wakeup (better)
    or
    progesteron=Prometrium/bed time
    dose big enough to get good 7:30AM cortisol,serum and cortisol,saliva(7:30AM)
    do not use hydrocortisone=cortisol, or synthetic Medrol, prednisone, similar
    Check blood to figure out doses
    DHEAs
    Testosterone
    Estrone
    Estradiol,sensitive
    Estriol
    Cortisol,serum

I was on a low dose of pregnenalone before, just 20 every other day, it actually felt like pregnenalone was stealing my cortisol rather than the other way around. I only took melatonin once and it also made me feel needy for cortisol, so I didn't take it again.
    Do not use melatonin supplementation.
    You worry about two kinds of melatonin
    Daily, ocular
    Nightly, pineal
    Daily, when you get up look just below sun, naked eye, no window pane, few minutes, longer better.
    That also stops nightly melatonin production in pineal gland and restarts occular production.
    To restart nightly melatonin production make sure that you do not see blue or green light 2-3 hrs before bed time
    You can use (even) bright red light at night.

My sleep is pretty good now. I used to wake often, especially at 3.00 am and be unable to go back to sleep. Now I sleep from around 9.00 after reading a kindle a while, often wake up to pee and go back to sleep, then wake between 4 and 5am. This has been when I take the T3 and often I will sleep again after a cup of tea and p-nut butter toast. If the suns rising I just get up, approx 5.30-6am atm.

I think I will call the compounding chemist to check they havn't made any change in their compounding of NDT. If not, I'll try and return to it, if I can find a dose I can tolerate. Didn't take anything today and feel pretty good. Just taper off as I can, if I can.

To make thyroid hormones work you need:
    cortisol
    selenium
    iodine/potassium iodide
    dr @Jack Kruse would likely find more
    do not need compounded, ready made NDT are ok. Compounded may vary in quality more than ready made.
    Always chew thyroid hormone pills.

Not certain I need an MRI, but figure it may be wise to find out what it says. If it shows nothing, its something I can cross off, if there is something it can be addressed.
    What kind MRI?

So the plan is get the MRI and results. Ask the doc to test progesterone and if willing Testosterone, Estrone(E1). (She tried to test pregnenalone before but couldn't find a path who did it.)

Get a new adrenal saliva test after another week. Start taking Lugols iodine again - maybe 2 drops to start and working up to - 1 dropperfull/day=48mg/day?

I checked Spectracell Micronutrients analysis but they don't have collection agency in Australia. I get the adrenal saliva test from Nutripath. Not sure if they do something similar.

http://nutripath.com.au/test-panels/

I have a plan to go on with and it's so nice when you decide, it's such a relief from the swinging, even if if you know it leads to more decisions and things to try. Onward and upward though, always towards the light! Once again JanSz, many thanks for your time, and I fully appreciate how much time it takes.[/quote]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  15. harmony

Thanks
    dropbox it
    and post a link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zvoegfx5tf164n/JFbloodtest.xls?dl=0
    yes, dropbox it
    Will get to the rest when I can, Patrick (husband) taken to hospital with kidney stone at 5am, Dad had a bad night, concerned there's no food and thought he made a pie, and his hearing aid is blocked and needs to go shop, then work to get done, visiting etc, probably not till tonight. Did you say Havok?

JanSz likes this.
  16. harmony

Blood test link above, What is your homocysteine?
    The last homocystene blood test was 10.2 ( 5.0-12.0 umol/L) but it was ordered by my first doc 2011-07-15.
    Re: NDT. No "pills" available Australia. Only compounding chemist capsules. Could possibly order US product online, but problems re supplying script, and Oz customs are an issue that I haven't as yet thought worth tackling.
    What kind MRI? brain MRI. Also thyroid ultrasound. Appointment Thursday this week.My doctor is frustrated with my low TSH etc and high cholesterol and concerned by my non-compliance to raise meds, while understanding that if I cannot function due to persistent headaches, I cannot look after my dad or do my job. (I assume) In order to rule out pituitary issue, or other brain problems that could be causing headaches/migraines - the brain MRI. In order to rule out nodules - the thyroid ultrasound. Assuming there is no issue she has something else in mind - probably female hormones, so despite her reluctance to over-test (stringent Oz restrictions), she may be agrreeable to do these.
    Re menopause
    Was never good on contraceptive hormones. Elected to have a copper IU. At 5o ish I had PID. Ob/gyn had me on deprovera 3mth implants after. These caused persistent spotting, hence the ablation. Since ablation basically menopause. A year or two of hot flushes. A few more years then persistent thrush and Hashis.
    Thoughts
    Can't say I'm looking forward to starting any kind of hormone treatment after that. It will be another "would I be stupid not to follow drs orders, or crazy to not keep looking for optimal." The following sounds a better option, but lets not be hasty, we'll see what the labs say first, assuming she will order them.
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/sublingual-pregnenolone.17668/
    The journal bit...
    Just took the opportunity to walk to the shops for lemons for the "lemon/oliveoil" kidney stone dissolving remedy. After agony this morning, Patricks home with endone, a 4.5 mm diagnosis, and orders to drink lots of water. Sunsets peeping through the trees, seafoods defrosting, its time to wrap it up....

Dad had a good day though, omg he did the dishes! (That's twice in nearly two years, the last was only a week ago.) Why? He is "on his last legs", and his clock so dys-synchronous he doesn't know if its night or day. The doc prescribed slow release melatonin. He's been taking it just over week. Yesterday he could barely stand, and I didn't give it to him last night. Today he would have walked to the shops, he walked in the garden, sat in the sun and did the dishes - as he did the day after his first dose. The dose seems too high, but he sleeps through. But then he's sleeping all day and can barely walk or talk. With none he has a good day but wakes every hour and wanders in the dark, when he is a falls risk with postural hypotension and on riveroxaban for AFib. Small miracles from melatonin? Words he hasn't used for years, doing the dishes , freezing gait side effects and excessive sleepiness. It's all so complicated!

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[ quote="harmony, post: 197868, member: 19207"]
    Blood test link above, What is your homocysteine?The last homocystene blood test was 10.2 ( 5.0-12.0 umol/L) but it was ordered by my first doc 2011-07-15.
    Re: NDT. No "pills" available Australia. Only compounding chemist capsules. Could possibly order US product online, but problems re supplying script, and Oz customs are an issue that I haven't as yet thought worth tackling.
    homocystene blood test was 10.2 --- very good

what is your fasting insulin?
    If it is less than 5uU/mL you good, if more
    make a tally of your high glycemic index carbohydrates
    eliminate them from diet
    usually wheat, sugar, white potatoes,

What kind MRI? brain MRI. Also thyroid ultrasound. Appointment Thursday this week.My doctor is frustrated with my low TSH etc and high cholesterol and concerned by my non-compliance to raise meds, while understanding that if I cannot function due to persistent headaches, I cannot look after my dad or do my job. (I assume) In order to rule out pituitary issue, or other brain problems that could be causing headaches/migraines - the brain MRI. In order to rule out nodules - the thyroid ultrasound. Assuming there is no issue she has something else in mind - probably female hormones, so despite her reluctance to over-test (stringent Oz restrictions), she may be agrreeable to do these.
    Likely pituitary MRI, more info, better.
    Why you are saying low TSH when your last test (2016) shows
    TSH=20.9(0.40-4.00)
    freeT3=3.1(2.6-6.0) (this is very low, but you still can hardly use it, your cortisol is way way to low,
    work on pregnenolone-->progesterone--cortisol

High cholesterol should get lower when you get
    pregnenolone
    progesterone
    cortisol
    DHEAs
    in order
    You said that you are menopausal (no periods)
    excellent chance at getting rid of headaches when you get your progesterone up to:
    15 ng/mL = 47.7 nmol/L
    20 ng/mL = 63.6 nmol/L
    use pregnenolone (pills) (over the counter, cost $$) at wakeup or
    progesterone pills (Prometrium) at bed time, (script required, insurance pays) or from internet
    vit D is made from cholesterol, get it high as described in previous post (no vit D supplementation)

high vit D should cause lower cholesterol
    high vit D should lower blood pressure

Re menopause
    Was never good on contraceptive hormones. Elected to have a copper IU. At 5o ish I had PID. Ob/gyn had me on deprovera 3mth implants after. These caused persistent spotting, hence the ablation. Since ablation basically menopause. A year or two of hot flushes. A few more years then persistent thrush and Hashis.
    Hot flushes ----> low progesterone

Thoughts
    Can't say I'm looking forward to starting any kind of hormone treatment after that.
    That is your problem,
    work on it mentally, good soothing music/sounds waterfalls (vortexes) may help
    You must be strong first, then you can help your husband and father

It will be another "would I be stupid not to follow drs orders, or crazy to not keep looking for optimal." The following sounds a better option, but lets not be hasty, we'll see what the labs say first, assuming she will order them.

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/sublingual-pregnenolone.17668/
    The journal bit...
    Just took the opportunity to walk to the shops for lemons for the "lemon/oliveoil" kidney stone dissolving remedy. After agony this morning, Patricks home with endone, a 4.5 mm diagnosis, and orders to drink lots of water. Sunsets peeping through the trees, seafoods defrosting, its time to wrap it up....

Dad had a good day though, omg he did the dishes! (That's twice in nearly two years, the last was only a week ago.) Why? He is "on his last legs", and his clock so dys-synchronous he doesn't know if its night or day. The doc prescribed slow release melatonin. He's been taking it just over week. Yesterday he could barely stand, and I didn't give it to him last night. Today he would have walked to the shops, he walked in the garden, sat in the sun and did the dishes - as he did the day after his first dose. The dose seems too high, but he sleeps through. But then he's sleeping all day and can barely walk or talk. With none he has a good day but wakes every hour and wanders in the dark, when he is a falls risk with postural hypotension and on riveroxaban for AFib. Small miracles from melatonin? Words he hasn't used for years, doing the dishes , freezing gait side effects and excessive sleepiness. It's all so complicated![/quote]

All three of you,
    stay outdoors (mostly naked) minimum 4 hours every day, preferably from 10AM-2PM,
    11AM-3PM if you have summer saving time.
    Get red light bulbs, use them as the only light source 3 hrs before bed time,
    no tv, computer, tablet, cell phone screens from 3hrs before bed time till wakeup time

When you have a time review my previous posts, if you like the info, apply.

from havoc ---- to harmony

//

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Instead of nattokinase or coumadin
    consider boluoke, lumbrokinase
    ===============
    Eat worms, or pills made of it.
    Boluoke is made of earth worms.

For your dad's
    atrial fibrillation,
    vascular dementia after a stroke,
    scars in vascular system,
    you may want to look into
    Boluoke.
    Boluoke® (Lumbrokinase)

https://www.healthyhabitsliving.com...=CPnKqZa_3M0CFQFkhgodWhEKiw&variant=325791777

https://www.prohealth.com/shop/product.cfm/product__code/N0272

==================

[​IMG]

==================
    Lumbricus rubellus
    Lumbricus rubellus, or the "red earthworm"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumbricus_rubellus

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  19. harmony

Lots to process here over the last few days, I find myself a bit overwhelmed today. Just wanted to let you know I have seen what you posted for me and am thinking about all of it. Just need some time to process it all. I have followed a few threads today, so I can go back to them later and re-read. The earthworm is a fascinating creature, I'll need to read up on that more. Too much medical stuff for me this week. Happy I seem to be coping with it without any "stress" symptoms making me feel I gave up the ACE too soon. Think I need to rest a bit, listen to some music, think about harmonious things, before I delve back into the decisions and deliriums of dys-synchrony. Squillians of thanks for the clarification of many actionable things, and for your help - JanSz. I'll flag you a better reply after the MRI and the weekend. Hope the sun is shining in your neck of the woods, and you have good times this weekend.

oh btw re "Why you are saying low TSH" - because I get confused. Hypo is low so when TSH is high, I'm low. I forget the number is high, just recall the reality. That's patients for you!

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Nature contains a "medical-spa" of waveforms that alter life's processes by refinement, improvement, and enhancement of our design. These waves are "tutors" for our cells. I consider illness cells who have fallen behind in their learning and the more cells are taught to imbibe these waves the sharper they become. With this education when cells learn to coexist with others in tissues, the result enhances the whole function of tissues. We all have choices to make as we live, but in the end our choices make up the life we get.