1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

seeking all hackers :) Please

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by Llanabanana, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Llanabanana

Llanabanana New Member

Ok got my test results back...I hope someone can shed some light on them..I haven't a clue as to the numbers and what they all mean.

Personal info......45 yr old female, good health slightly overweight working on it with HhCG at the moment R2

did LR for 6 weeks, noticed some small changes.

LIPASE 1070 range 23-300

CALCIUM 2.32 range 2.10-2.60

ALT 25 range 13.-48

ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 49 range 39-128

GLUCOSE FASTING 3.9 range 3.6-6.1

CREATININE SERUM 59 range 35-100

ELECTROLYTES

SODIUM 143 range 135-145

POTASSIUM 4.2 range 3.6-5.0

CHLORIDE 107 range 96-110

CO2 CONTENT 23 range 20-30

C-REACTIVE PROTEIN NEGATIVE

THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE 1.50 range .20-6.00

VIT B12 238 range 133-375

FERRITIN 23 range 13-375

FREE T4 13.4 range 7.4-20.0

LIPID

CHOLESTEROL 3.67 range 3.80-5.20

TRIG .90 range .60-2.30

HDL 1.14 range >.91

TOTAL HDL 3.2

LDL CALCULATED 2.12 range 2.0-3.4

PHOSPHATE 1.39 range .80-1.50

MAGNESIUM .08 range 0.7-1.0

GGT

2. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

I think it would help if you can include the ranges for all of these?

3. L8F

L8F New Member

Agree with ranges, also your ferritin and B12 are low as I scanned quickly. I would get a methyl B12 supp lozenge, cause likely you are not able to get enough B12 which can lead to low iron (ferritin) stores. A1C is most excellent!

4. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

Agree that B12 is very low and so I believe is that FT4

those are from a Canadian lab and chances are the top end of the FT4 range is 20 and that Iron is below range I think

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Additionally - what cycle day did you test???? & are you menopausal?

this is critical when looking at hormones... Initial look - not knowing when you tested - your P is low and your E is HIGH....

6. Llanabanana

Llanabanana New Member

Thanks so much for pointing out a few things, I did add the ranges.

I don't believe I am menopausal as of yet...phew and as for cycle, I was about a week out of my last period. Had to hold off because of that :)

7. finnite@dccnet.com

your FT4 is okay but your FT3 is low, you want it to be 5 or higher. with the low D, Iron and B12 it looks like you are unable to convert the T4 into T3 and if you were able to get an RT3 test in our country (you can't without going through a naturopath and paying $300 for a full testing spectrum from Quest) you would likely find it is high.

I would not try for thyroid supplementation yet but would look at getting your iron in particular in order. you cannot convert T4 to T3 without iron/ferritin. the good news is you do not appear to have much in the way of inflammation (other wise your ferritin would be high despite the low iron levels (guess how i know that one :p)) but the maybe not so great news is with the low B12 and low iron I would suspect pernicious anemia.

I think if you can get that iron and D3 up then you will begin to convert T4 to T3

your total cholesterol is also low so you may not be creating enough for cortisol and repro hormones but shijin13 is more the expert on that one than I so would defer to her on that call.

8. Llanabanana

Llanabanana New Member

Wow, you got all that out of my labs...I am amazed...Thanks you so much for helping me out...

I have struggled with low iron for years now...I don't know what to take that won't offset other things if you know what I mean?

Any suggestions?

Thanks again :)

9. finnite@dccnet.com

I have problems with iron as well. Dr K suggests eating liver buuut that's not working out so well for me so I found a dessicated liver supplement at a compounding pharmacy that seems to be helping, will know when I get my next set of labs.

I tried chelated iron once for 6 weeks, made me constipated and my iron dropped 2 points, it was lovely :p

10. Llanabanana

Llanabanana New Member

Thanks so much Colleen...I hear you on the liver part. I can't eat it..I would gag and then some.

I did a little digging on the pernicious anemia thing. I believe you may have hit it bang on. Some of the symptoms that are listed are high homocystine levels, which I have, Arrhythmia, which I have that shows its ugly head every now and then as well as lately I have had numbness in my middle toes of both feet. Thats another symptom. I did pick up some iron and b12 from the health store. The iron is made from beets, plant source. I also got b12 in 5000 mcg I believe. Will start taking them. I will be testing in another month or so. Hopefully this helps. Thank you so much for your input! Greatly appreciated!