1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Seasonal carb sources in winter?

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by MattD1995, Dec 18, 2018.

1. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

I’m keeping my carbs low for the winter. However, I still aim to get 50-100 grams of carbs a day to support serotonin. Otherwise I have horrible anxiety. I’ve been using white rice since it’s hypoallergenic, but I know it’s not optimal. Any good winter carb sources? Vegetables?

2. kris90

kris90 New Member

Eeek I don't think you're going to get a great response. Depends on your latitude.

If you live at a high latitude, I really don't think carbs will help you. If you have bad, redox-shifted mitochondria and your environment is loaded with nnEMF and blue light, you probably perceive you need carbs. Vegetables are only going to further lower your quantum yield to sunlight, and it is winter in the Northern Hemisphere right now (fast approaching the solstice).

Are you doing any CT? It helps me tremendously up here at the 45th latitude. In fact, if I don't do CT, I get major seasonal depression. Obviously chase the AM sun, and never miss a sunrise, but I really think we need to use CT to activate our dopamine pathways, or atleast that's been my experience.

recoen likes this.
  3. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

I’m further down south. I live in Texas. So not to high of a latitude...

And yes, daily CT. It’s causing me lots of anxiety lately. I ate some rice yesterday and my anxiety plummeted.

4. kris90

kris90 New Member

I'm going to guess you have some issues with catecholamines. Do you have 23andme results? Might be helpful to get your SNPs and SAPs to find out more about this.

Feeling better eating carbs tells me that you have poor redox and cannot fat burn. How is your environment? Are you near 5G? Unfortunately if you already have a low redox, I don't see much potential for improvement in the environment that made you ill.

Maybe go draw some labs and see where you're at. BUN/Creatinine ratio is probably most important in a 5G world. If you come back high, you are chronically dehydrated and need equatorial sun to build your redox. DDW could help you in that situation, but it's not the be-all-end-all solution, only a bridge to bring you to a better environment.

shah78 likes this.
  5. MattD1995

MattD1995 Gold

Kris,

Thank you for the response. Sorry I'm just now getting back. Haven't access to a computer for several days.

I don't have 23andme results, but I do have some neural scans from an alternative practitioner I frequent. The scans show I'm low in norepinephrine and serotonin.

I was researching posts by Dr. Kruse about serotonin, and I came across this blog post:

https://jackkruse.com/your-gutneurotransmitters-and-hormones/

This is a quote by Dr. Kruse from the above post: "...carbs stimulate insulin release and this insulin spike favors the absorption of tryptophan in the gut over other amino acids. So this is a reason why eating some carbs is important. Many zero-carbers make a huge error in not realizing this."

So clearly Dr. Kruse advocates some carbs for serotonin production...which leads me back to my original question. I'm trying to eat in season foods, what are some winter carb sources? Or did I misinterpret the blog post?

6. kris90

kris90 New Member

Yes Jack advocates eating carbs in season. If it grows in your environment, you can eat it. It's how food ties to the power density of sunlight, and why Jack believes ketosis 24/7 is not good.

But you should not take this as it's ok to eat carbs OUT of season.

recoen and Antonis like this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I would love to see a list of carbs and their deuterium content.

Green is low on D.

Also
    High ORAC with second column giving the D content.

https://modernsurvivalblog.com/health/high-orac-value-antioxidant-foods-top-100/

upload_2018-12-21_10-53-40.png

Anita likes this.
  8. kris90

kris90 New Member

Deuterium is one side of the coin with carbs, but the other side is the power density buried in the electrons of carbs.

Carbs have higher energy electrons that enter at cytochrome 1, which means that we need UV light to assimilate them. Coconut oil is probably similar. It is a fat, and low in deuterium, however it is a tropical fat and also has a seasonal context as well. It provides less current in ETC than say palmitic acid, so it requires sunlight to make up the deficit (similar to carbs).

recoen likes this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

power density buried in the electrons of carbs.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    So carbs will make 50% of ATP when comparing to fat
    but
    that 50% we can get now (sprinter)
    while for the twice of the ATP from fat we have to wait longer (long distance walking, desk worker)

Anything on that list of carbs/deuterium content?

10. kris90

kris90 New Member

Sprinters (atleast the best ones in the world) are tightly coupled I believe. That means they can eat carbs because their environment is loaded with UV light.

What I've learned, and this is why DHA is so critical is that there's 2 ways to increase current flow: more electrons (DHA), or stronger photons (increased frequency). When the sun is weaker, we need more electrons (DHA) to amplify the signal, and on the contrary, when the sun is strong, we don't need as many electrons, because a single photon of high frequency (i.e. UV) can drive current.

Anita and recoen like this.
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The food is consumed.......what programs the amino acids that make it up? What did Jack say about that?

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

So, if one is haplotype L xx,
    and is not residing in the tropics (chewing on carbs)
    he/she is really asking for trouble.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_L

upload_2018-12-22_10-26-55.png

upload_2018-12-22_10-19-12.png

zohar, Pebbles, Jim Laird and 4 others like this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^^ wisest thing Jansz has posted TO DATE. Will it spill over to other threads?

Anita, Jim Laird, recoen and 2 others like this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

What did Jack say here about this topic?

New Podcast out with Dr. Jack Wolfson, a cardiologist. In this one, you'll get to see two doctors discussing current events about biology and medicine. We even talk about vegans and the Bazan effect and how India people did well for 5000 years before modern man got involved. We also go into the deuterium story for you too in this one. We also talk about the farce of probiotics like Restore sold by Dr. Zach Bush. We give you the low down on this topic. We cut straight to the chase. We also talk about the Swedish literature was key for me in figuring out skin cancer risks. We talk about myopia and dopamine. We also talk about the solar callus blog, survivor soup, and DDW, and the new Kruse Longevity Center next week. We even talk about how melanopsin dysfunction in the eye can lead to arterial changes that can cause trigeminal neuralgia and supranuclear palsy. This is a disease Dr. Wolfson's Dad died from and the Mayo clinic remained stumped on why he got it and what to do about it. It was a fun eye-opening talk for the Black Swan in training. You all might enjoy this before your holiday. Would you buy your doctor a book to educate them for Christmas? It might stimulate some interesting discussions at your dinner tables when we start to talk about the cardiovascular system, arteries, melanopsin.

zohar, Anita, Jim Laird and 4 others like this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

What was the lesson here for the ladies regarding food and light?

What we consider "essential" to modern human life is causing the chronic health conditions we see today. Did you know you can have pain free regular periods without PMS or PCOS? Did you know that you can reverse thyroid disease by blocking artificial light and getting AM sunlight? Did you know you can avoid breast cancer no matter what genes you have just by getting "your girls" into regular terrestrial sunlight chronically? Did you know you can avoid infertility or having premature or overdue births by getting.....sunlight...did you know your children don't have to be born jaundiced....by getting sunlight. I do, and in this podcast, I teach you how it happens. Melasma, vitiligo....all unnecessary if you get sunlight and block artificial light. I talk about them all in this podcast for ladies.

http://prn.fm/women-must-know-every...hqpPQ2a6AhaJcQGpuHTcNCJSIwdnEINCSySyecwhqxU5k

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

A patient asked me on yesterday in clinic why I am good at what I do......I thought about the question for a while and told her when people come to see me most are used to driving on single lane highways. I teach them how to drive on the autobahn. Most people have no idea the road they are on is adaptable. The human brain is only capable of what it conceives. It can't conceive what it has never experienced. I provide that experience for my patients and tribe. I demand more of you than you do of yourself. I hate settling and you should too.

[​IMG]

17. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Vitamin B12 has a corrin ring which is similar to the porphyrin rings of hemoglobin or chlorophyll? It has cobalt at the center of five nitrogens. Cobalt is a neighbor of iron...

recoen likes this.